Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 10:28 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,386,447 times

Advertisements

Move to Hawaii - everybody hugs everybody. And it fits your description. But you don't need to go to a party for it. It's just the accepted way to say hello and goodbye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2011, 08:36 AM

62 posts, read 201,025 times
Yes, I have been to Hawaii and the people are very open and loving. A lot of people have that in them when they are in a safe environment and feel free to express that. I think that there are people like that here in South Dakota.

Last edited by erosinspirit; 06-10-2011 at 09:32 AM..

Old 06-11-2011, 03:14 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,785,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erosinspirit View Post
Yes, I have been to Hawaii and the people are very open and loving. A lot of people have that in them when they are in a safe environment and feel free to express that. I think that there are people like that here in South Dakota.
I doubt you will find many like you assert. I am going to speculate that you have never stepped foot in South Dakota. East river maybe. West river no freaking way. .

I see you redacted your mention of finding someone on another site and an invitation in August to your "party."

Good idea... In august it is hotter than blazes... If the humidity is up... Any sort of cuddling you will be all sticky and smarmy.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:36 AM

Actually, I own property in the Black Hills and come up every year. I have been in contact with others on other sites and will be getting together in August. I know it is not a gathering that you would probably enjoy but there are others who enjoy these kind of workshops. Communications and connection skills are something that many people have an interest in.

Old 06-11-2011, 01:15 PM

819 posts, read 1,744,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I doubt you will find many like you assert. I am going to speculate that you have never stepped foot in South Dakota. East river maybe. West river no freaking way. .

I see you redacted your mention of finding someone on another site and an invitation in August to your "party."

Good idea... In august it is hotter than blazes... If the humidity is up... Any sort of cuddling you will be all sticky and smarmy.
Amen sd4020.Why is this person trying so hard,

Old 06-11-2011, 02:00 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
I looked on the Cuddle Parties website and didn't see any in SD. Good luck!

Old 06-11-2011, 02:10 PM

Default hi all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
I looked on the Cuddle Parties website and didn't see any in SD. Good luck!
I was going to look this up but I just dont care about this at all.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:12 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,655,412 times
If it was a 70s party the touch would all be sexual! I miss the 70s...

Old 06-11-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
Well the 70's were the 70's.
What we are talking about here is a non-sexual, sober event. Not exactly what memories of the 70's conjures up. It is just a way different event.
I just checked at the cuddleparty.com site and DID see the ones for South Dakota listed.
I do have a question though. I can understand if someone is not interested in this type of workshop and am not suggesting that anyone do anything that they do not want to. I am not suggesting that this is something that everyone should undertake. If a person is not interested in it, I wouldn't bother reading about it or commenting, I wouldn't even give it the time of day, and that is fine.
I am just wondering why if someone is not interested in it, why if would matter if other people who would enjoy it, got together to share their common spirit and camaraderie at an event like this? Just because a person does NOT like this type of thing, is it still OK if people who enjoy it DO get together now and then? Is it seen as some kind of a threat to people who do not like this sort of thing?
Just trying to understand other people's feelings here.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8635angelvalley View Post
I think you just opened another can of worms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota