Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 03:28 AM

2 posts, read 8,621 times

Advertisements

I've lived in SD my whole life and never heard of such a thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 06:16 AM

509 posts, read 1,680,536 times
Yep. I knew it. They are from California.

Old 06-17-2011, 06:57 AM

62 posts, read 200,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd0069 View Post
I've lived in SD my whole life and never heard of such a thing.
A lot of people have never heard about it before.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:52 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,688,423 times
ROFLMAO at this whole thing... reminds me of the old CSI episode "Fur and Loathing" with the yiffys and the furries, desperately needing some form of physical contact, pathetically immature, trying to insist that they were seeking a higher form of life. (Of course the murder that devolved from someone getting 'too much touching' only pointed out the inherent foolishness of cuddling someone else's SO.) What some folks call cuddling others call foreplay, and that realm is 'way too dangerously open to interpretation. There are too many crazy folks out there to encourage them to get close.

What I like about Rapid City is that you can walk down the middle of the main street with a newly-aquired rifle in your hand, and no one says a word, no one freaks out and calls the cops... The Black Hills have Mt. Rushmore, the old-timey train, incredible wildlife, the Mammoth dig, and lots of nice, down-to-earth, blunt and friendly folk who wouldn't dream of touching you or invading your space. We love the Black Hills and Rapid - just as they are.

Hope you guys aren't being invaded by the Californiaites. They invaded Idaho where my brother has lived for 20 years, and now there are more rules and restrictions on hunting and property rights, and more higher priced properties, than there ever were.

Thanks for the giggles! You SD folks are too funny!

BTW, when you post on a PUBLIC forum, you open the door for all sorts of people and all sorts of replies. I might suggest Craigslist or the personal ads in the paper if you only want interested parties to respond...

Old 06-17-2011, 02:26 PM

3 posts, read 10,473 times
I actually do not find much humor is this at all...they posted a legitimate question. I am from SD - & find the behavior pretty rude. I do not understand why people post in threads they don't care about anyway. Just move on to stuff you know about, plain & simple.
I had a friend tell me about these "cuddle parties" -- he was from Alabama...NOT California. I hope to make it to one soon.
But you know, it does not matter what this is about -- I always thought people around here were accepting folks...don't really care for bigotry portrayed here. I always thought folks from SD were better than this.

I actually do find one thing humorous - it's all the folks from SD getting upset and their feathers ruffled. The people from California posing this question are being very nice. Things that make you go hum?!!!!!

Old 06-17-2011, 03:17 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Sd raised your post smell suspicious. Perhaps another incarnation of the op or a "close friend" of the op. This whole thing could have been answered in 6 posts or less. The fact that people like you and the op refusing to let it die and calling us rude is the more rude things about it.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:51 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,444,149 times
BWAHHH!! I feel your pain. Californians are invading Hawaii too.

Old 06-17-2011, 06:01 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
BWAHHH!! I feel your pain. Californians are invading Hawaii too.
ROFLMAO

Old 06-17-2011, 10:09 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,688,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Sd raised your post smell suspicious. Perhaps another incarnation of the op or a "close friend" of the op. This whole thing could have been answered in 6 posts or less. The fact that people like you and the op refusing to let it die and calling us rude is the more rude things about it.
My first thought also...

Old 06-18-2011, 08:27 AM

3 posts, read 10,473 times
I am not "op" - whoever that is. A friend of mine told me about this site a few days ago. But think what you will.
It looks to me that you are the ones that won't let this rest. NOT the folks from California.
But again, why do you even bother with this since it is not something you are interested in?????? THIS I do not understand. Looking at all the responses -someone claimed the person that started this had NEVER stepped foot in SD -- he/she said they OWNED property here and visits every year. I found that interesting -- just saying (to quote my grandson).
I do know people in SD that would be interested in this - all over the state. I find it interesting, as well, that a few people think they can speak for EVERYONE in this state! What a hoot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota