Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 11:39 AM

186 posts, read 175,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFlowers17 View Post

New Conspiracy Theorist Claims To Have Proof That Apollo Moon Landing Was Fake

I really hope this isn't true, and it probably isn't.

I've heard this conspiracy theory a couple of times this year - and I just brushed it off with an eye roll. But, after seeing some of these theorist's videos, seeing their proof and reading in detail why they feel that the Apollo Moon Landing was a hoax, I'm honestly starting to wonder now....

I mean, if this turns out to be true - what ELSE has the U.S. Government 'shown' us that is ALSO fake?!

And another thing....why hasn't the U.S. ever gone back to the moon since July 20th, 1969? Our technology now must surely surpass what we had back in the 60s, yeah?
The X-files are coming back Jan 3 they will answer all your questions.

Old 11-27-2017, 12:09 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,324,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The hundreds if not thousands of people including NASA employees, and MANY, many contractors have not come forward in all these years, and I think someone would have spilled the beans by now.

Not necessarily as things would be very compartmentalized and knowledge would be on a need to know basis if it was a hoax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
On the contrary - anyone with an ounce of sense does know for sure.

And what would that be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
No one has ever been on the moon. At least not the way they say.

Then in what way? Unmanned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
I find that incredibly sad that people don't believe we went to the moon, but do believe we have little grey space aliens at Area 51.

In both of those cases, people don't believe the official narrative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
I think there's no doubt we went there.....as others have pointed out we did it numerous times and Russia, etc. would've exposed any hoax to embarrass and lessen the USA in the world's eyes if they could have during those cold war times. Also, as has been said many times, three people can keep a secret....if two of them are dead.

This is what I have wondered. That the Soviet Union would have exposed the hoax to embarrass the USA. Something that is worthy of at least brief consideration is the possibility there was a gentleman's agreement between the Soviet Union and USA where we didn't expose their failures in space (ex: Cosmonauts made it into space but didn't make it back until Yuri Gagarin) and they didn't expose ours.

Old 11-27-2017, 12:49 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
This is what I have wondered. That the Soviet Union would have exposed the hoax to embarrass the USA. Something that is worthy of at least brief consideration is the possibility there was a gentleman's agreement between the Soviet Union and USA where we didn't expose their failures in space (ex: Cosmonauts made it into space but didn't make it back until Yuri Gagarin) and they didn't expose ours.
It was monitored by other countries as well, plus verified pretty much continually since that time with ongoing international scientific tests. (We handed out a lot of moon rocks plus there is the laser reflecting plate on the surface.

Pretty much you'd need most of the worlds governments to not only be in on the secret but to KEEP it that way for 50 years and not just the USSR.

Old 11-27-2017, 01:02 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
Something that is worthy of at least brief consideration is the possibility there was a gentleman's agreement between the Soviet Union and USA where we didn't expose their failures in space (ex: Cosmonauts made it into space but didn't make it back until Yuri Gagarin) and they didn't expose ours.
Highly doubtful. The USSR space program was a matter of intense national prestige and, for a while, an area where they'd leapfrog beyond the West on occasion. Apollo's success means they lost the Grand Prize. No possible upside to collude in keeping that secret...

Old 11-27-2017, 01:03 PM

213 posts, read 216,673 times
I clearly remember when the Sputnik was launched. My family and I went outside and saw the darn thing with the naked eye. The Russians were first in space.

In that era, there was intense competition between the US and the USSR to prove which form of government was better. The Olympics at the time was strictly amateur but the USSR could "cheat" by paying their athletes a "no show" job so they could concentrate on training full time. Our athletes did well considering they were true amateurs. The interest in the Olympics at the time was far above today because the national pride was at stake.

There was a similar thrust for the moon landings. Not for scientific advancement, but purely to say "we are better than you". Incidentally, there was also a great deal of advertisement and propaganda justifying the expense as beneficial to society by way of technological advancement. ( This is somewhat true.)

Old 11-27-2017, 01:33 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
When I was 5, my dad told me it was made of cheese..
Regular, low-fat or non-fat?

Old 11-27-2017, 01:46 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Well the modern Flat Earth Society has like 3,500 members give or take. So you can understand that, if we still have people believing the Earth is flat, certainly we have a number of misinformed individuals who cannot be convinced that man landed on the moon.

Old 11-27-2017, 01:49 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Regular, low-fat or non-fat?
Depends upon how long ago he was five.

There was a time when there was no such thing as "low-fat" or "non-fat" cheese. Or 2% milk (although skim milk has been around for a long time.)

Just like there was a time when no one ever heard of tuna packed in water instead of oil.

And no one got tested for something called cholesterol.

And no one said "pasta" for noodles.

It was definitely like that back in 1969 when the first manned moon landing occurred.

I'm guessing his dad meant the moon was made of plain old full-fat, cholesterol-laden cheese.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:37 PM

758 posts, read 551,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
All these conspiracies, Apollo, JFK, little green men, etc. are crap. The only one that's true: FDR new the Japs were going to bomb Pearl Harbor.
Here we go:

Apollo -- an alleged conspiracy involving thousands of people, subcontractors, above-the-line federal budgeting, with gobs of visible evidence (audio, video) independently obtained and consistent with the official story. In short, pretty hard to pull off.

JFK -- an alleged conspiracy involving a handful of people, only independent subcontractors (hit men) (big maybe on that), off-the-books budgeting by someone, with all visual evidence arguable as to its consistency with the official story. (And, by the way, which official story do the conspiracy deniers mean to privilege--the "official" Warren Committee report that concluded a lone shooter did the deed, or the "official" House Assassination Committee report that concluded there were multiple shooters?) In short, pretty easy to pull off.

Little green men -- I have no idea what you mean.

FDR and Pearl Harbor -- seems odd to place this on your list. If the US military and intelligence gatherers were doing their job the attack would have been expected. Not the timing, necessarily, but the attack. Any conspiracy would simply entail not announcing to the world that US intelligence had prior information. But, you're about to enter a war. Why would you announce to your enemy that you had well-placed sources in their hierarchy? So they can root them out and reduce your ability to defeat them? In short, if failing to announce that the US had some inkling an attack was coming was a conspiracy, it was an easily justified one.

Finally, a note on JFK. Putting JFK and the moon hoax believers in the same category is kinda nuts. As far as we know the moon had no enemies. (Ha-ha). On the other hand, JFK had many enemies: the mob (for anti-racketeering work), the Cubans (for invading their country and repeatedly trying to kill Castro), white supremacists (for very tentative civil rights efforts), and more. Why is it so hard to believe a few people in one of those groups got together and offed him? And why is it so hard to believe that the government authorities, who seem to live in mortal fear of the truth in every era, would see danger in allowing the actual killers to be publicly identified? Do they really want to announce to the world that the mob killed the President? Do they really want to announce to the world that the Cuban government killed Kennedy--and then have to explain why the U.S. is not firing off missiles at the Soviet Union? Do they really want to start a race war by announcing a white supremacist group did it? And those are just three of MANY groups who despised Kennedy. I'm not saying I'm an avid believer in a specific conspiracy, or even that there actually was a conspiracy. But the plausibility of the hypothesis that there was a conspiracy makes me question the intelligence or good-faith of anyone who flatly denies the possibility.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:59 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
The Apollo Moon Landing in 1969 - A Hoax?!?!

No hoax, my camera crew was there to film the whole event as it happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space