Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 08:22 PM

216 posts, read 1,006,829 times

Advertisements

@RZMAN I'm not generally a very lucky person :P

Well you guys have me pretty convinced that that area may not be so great so how is Browne's Addition? On the map it looked a little better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 10:56 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang34 View Post
@RZMAN I'm not generally a very lucky person :P

Well you guys have me pretty convinced that that area may not be so great so how is Browne's Addition? On the map it looked a little better?

Browne's Addition SHOULD be really nice.

I am not saying it is horrible and scary, no, not that bad. But there are a LOT of Homeless Zombies wandering the downtown area......many of them seem to stumble on over to Rosauers (near BA) to panhandle, shoplift and commit other mayhem.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:07 AM

152 posts, read 366,832 times
Similar issues in BA with most parking on the street. Nice area but you might consider higher up the South Hill or that development with gated parking.

Other than car theft there is above average petty theft and more property crime than anything else in the general Spokane area. For example, they will steal your lawnmower if you leave it out or bike if not locked up. Some minor wannabe gangs also spray painted detached garages on our area with graffiti, very annoying to repaint.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:05 PM

206 posts, read 333,429 times
I had a similar experience to one of the posters. Left a car unlocked and the idiots broke windows and totaled the vehicle trying to get in. The other was an old Toyota truck that meth-heads targeted for it's catalytic converter. Locking the doors and driving older vehicles won't necessarily save you from vandalism.

Old 08-24-2014, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 700 times
I know this is an old thread, but the issue continues. We had driven up to Spokane from the Tri-Cities to ride bikes on the Centennial Trail. When we got back to the car (2001 Dodge Caravan) - the car seemed ok, but there was a young man and a heavy set woman (both white, late 20's) hanging around in the parking lot. We didn't think much of it and rode through the parking lot without really stopping at the car and then on down the bike path further for about 20 more minutes. When we got back to the van, the driver window was broken out and they had taken a purse and my satchel from work (luckily the computer wasn't in it and they didn't find the computer). The parking lot was at the Northeast corner of the TJ Meenach bridge between Pettit Drive and the Spokane River...

The police told me that there was a rash of car break ins and theft in that area.

I'd say, that if you move or visit Spokane - be aware they, like most cities, have sections of town where crime is one of the primary employers. We will visit again, but we won't park there and we won't leave anything in the car that we want to keep.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:33 AM

216 posts, read 1,006,829 times
@Stan306 Sorry to hear that happened, though I'm glad it sounds like it didn't go as bad as it could have. I drive through that area frequently, and didn't know it had any problems.

I recently had a bike stolen off my SECOND story balcony. I am still in awe from the effort someone made for that old piece of junk. However they didn't touch the (accidentally) unlocked door. It seems for the most part theft here is based on what they can immediately see and nothing more. No pre-planning. Otherwise if they make too much effort, they might be caught.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area