Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2019, 10:08 PM

1 posts, read 634 times

Advertisements

There are numerous people who play baseball in the park across from my house, Rochester Park, and there is no issue. But there is a group of men who are constantly and consistently hitting baseballs into the front of my house and into my car. I keep the balls to discourage them from hitting my house but that doesn’t stop them. I have over 20 baseballs they have hit into my home and car.
I called Carl Strong in the Parks Department on May 10 at 9:19 am, May 10 at 9:50 am, May 31 at 9:54 am, June 5 at 8:56 am and I went to his office on June 6 and was told he and his supervisor were in a meeting.
I called Jennifer at the Parks Department on June 3 and she called back a few days later and said she would look into signage. Nothing happened.
I called Garrett at the Parks Department to make an appointment and had to leave a message, he never called me back. I called Garrett again on June 12 at 8:10 am and left a message. He never called back.
On June 4 one of the men came up to my fence in my front yard and said he was getting his ball. I told him he was trespassing and not to come onto my property, he kept walking up my driveway anyway with me telling him to keep off my property. I had my granddaughter call the police and then he walked back to the park saying something about my being white and that he was going to damage my car. The police came and I filed a report.
I called Mayor David A Condon and told him the issue on June 13 and he said he would do something about it. Nothing was done.
On June 15 I drove out of town with my granddaughter and my rear drivers side tire began making noise on the highway. I stopped to check it and all but one of the lugnuts had been loosened to be barely finger tight. I made a police report.
On June 27 they hit a baseball into my granddaughters window for the third time in two weeks and this time they broke it.
Then they laughed about it.
I called the police and they refused to come out.
I made another police report.
Then I took my phone and walked to the park and took photos of the license plates of the cars that were there, they belong to the men who are doing this.
They are BIN 2240, 521 KVH, BHW 1025, BIZ 9397, BJU 5188, AND LHG 610, I know for a fact that you can use these plate numbers to find out who these people are, I will also be putting a shed in my backyard at my expense so I can pull my car into the garage each evening to protect it. I also now have to be the window replaced at my expense because it would probably be less than my deductible. Then I will probably have to put grates over my front windows and doors to keep this from happening again, at my expense.
So I will making this information public because that is probably the only way to make this stop. This is how the city of Spokane WA treats its senior citizens.
Add to that the lack of jobs, even with Amazon coming in. This is not a good place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
View detailed profiles of: