Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2007, 10:01 AM

28 posts, read 210,678 times

Advertisements

Are you a fan of Jim Rome and the Jungle, I think he is one of the best radio and tv sports guys out there today, a lot better than Bryant Mumble!!

WAR BREWERS FINALLY WINNING THE DIVISION!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 08:17 PM

715 posts, read 1,670,033 times
just like Rome says...I hated the show when I first started listening...but gave it a week or 2. I now like it.

He is an equal opportunity offender. Listen long enough, and he will make you angry (like his rants against soccer)....but it's a good show. US Americans like it.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:18 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
I like Rome's show the first time I heard it. He's my favorite and really makes a positive statement for the city he works out of, LA.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:55 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
I used to listen to the guy when he aired at night and kind of thought he was a punk, but was kind of funny too. He grew on me for sure. Some of his interviews are boring for me and some are really kind of good. I'm sure that interviews that are boring to me are great for other people because, hey! It's a great big world out there.

Rome is best when he's ranting about the stupidest most trivial thing.

I'm no clone, as I have a life and a wife and a J.O.B., but the clones are kinda funny too. I love Rome's treatment of John from C-Town (lunch with the monkey, lunch with the monkey...) and Orenthal (allegedly)! He can be brutal! For example, he hates soccer because he claims that the sport incites riots, terrorism, and eating our beloved family pet- the domesticated Dog! Love him or hate him, he's making a lot of bucks and takes a sick amount of vacation. Must be nice.

PS: What's Chris Everett up to?

Last edited by McGowdog; 12-29-2007 at 04:56 PM.. Reason: forgot the K in Monkey, and thanks for the Vine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports