Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 10:04 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,898 times

Advertisements

yay for shaun white! i like him. he was so excited and emotional. i'm not a fan of snowboarding but i do like him and i'm happy for him.

i do like watching the figure skaters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2018, 10:17 PM

14,316 posts, read 11,702,283 times
I love watching the Winter Olympics but I guess I am an outlier because I find figure skating very boring. The routines are way too long, and the skaters spend most of the time circling around backwards and doing a jump once in a while. I tried becoming more educated about the sport, but still can't tell one jump from another, they all look about the same.

Now I do love speed skating (especially short track), skiing of all kinds, snowboarding, luge and bobsled. There is something for everyone, just like the Summer games.

Old 02-14-2018, 07:15 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
yay for shaun white! i like him. he was so excited and emotional. i'm not a fan of snowboarding but i do like him and i'm happy for him.

i do like watching the figure skaters.
you'd think White would have had enough practice by now in holding the US flag without dragging it on the ground and stepping on it....idiot, he's probably still walking on it.

Old 02-14-2018, 07:32 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
I feel bad for the Russian athletes, especially after watching their hockey team with the generic "Olympic Athletes From Russia" printed in nondescript lettering on the hockey jerseys. Their uniforms look so pathetic ... They're lucky, of course, that the IOC allowed them to compete at all, but I still feel bad for them. (Wo)men without a country.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:41 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
you'd think White would have had enough practice by now in holding the US flag without dragging it on the ground and stepping on it....idiot, he's probably still walking on it.
ha! when he was dragging the flag around i told my son about how you are not supposed to let the flag touch the ground and here he is dragging it all over. then i said, the internet is going to be talking about this tomorrow. i am going to give him the benefit of the doubt because he was just so excited and overwhelmed in the moment. he will be apologizing everywhere i'm sure.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
ha! when he was dragging the flag around i told my son about how you are not supposed to let the flag touch the ground and here he is dragging it all over. then i said, the internet is going to be talking about this tomorrow. i am going to give him the benefit of the doubt because he was just so excited and overwhelmed in the moment. he will be apologizing everywhere i'm sure.
my guess is that flag dragging will soon be taking a back seat to other concerns soon to befall the flying carrot...

Shaun White Harassment Allegations Surface in Olympics | Time

Old 02-14-2018, 11:51 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
This is such a non-issue. People are freaking out about it on social media as if he should be ashamed of himself. Flag code is broken all the time and no one bats an eye. Guys wins the gold medal and inadvertently drops the flag as he was trying to carry his equipment and also show some emotion from winning and people lose their minds and trash him.

Old 02-14-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
This is such a non-issue. People are freaking out about it on social media as if he should be ashamed of himself. Flag code is broken all the time and no one bats an eye. Guys wins the gold medal and inadvertently drops the flag as he was trying to carry his equipment and also show some emotion from winning and people lose their minds and trash him.
he's a ****-bird for other reasons well documented

Old 02-14-2018, 01:08 PM

19,211 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
It really is but what would people do if they didn't have something to gripe about? I thought his performance yesterday was sensational. I tried to imagine myself flying 16 feet above the edge, spinning, flipping upside down and then landing on my feet.

Ayumu Hirano, the silver medal winner, was awesome, too. He came close to snagging that medal away from Shaun. I think he's a force to be reckoned with in the next Olympics, if Shaun competes.

I was never really that much into snowboarding but it's quite an exhilarating sport. I said to a friend yesterday that if there had been such a sport back when I was a teen, I would have done it. I'm afraid if I tried it now, I'd break a hip.

Looking forward to the women's hockey event next. Quite the rivalry between Canada and U.S. Can't wait

Old 02-14-2018, 01:24 PM

4,992 posts, read 5,290,988 times
Quote:
My thought too. WE weren't too happy to see the way the flag was treated, but I don't think someone representing us there at the Olympics would have done that intentionally. I think he was maybe in a kind of shock. I really hate to see the win damaged by flag dragging. I don't enough about the sexual harassment claims to comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports