Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 12:31 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hameltoe View Post
And dont give me that "well, the younger, the more flexible"... thats BS!! You can train your body to do exactly what the cheating Chinese have done.

So you know more than past Olympic gymnasts who have stated younger gymnasts have an advantage? How many gold medals have you won?

Old 08-25-2008, 01:19 PM

317 posts, read 535,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Lying to compete isn't a good enough reason to complain??? Rules??? Hello???
They haven't proven that the girls are too young. Given, if they are, it is illegal, but cmon, they are sad that they lost to 14 yr olds...

Now what if they were 16, 17, or 40? Would the complainers stop complaining about the fact they didnt win gold? Would they just drop it and keep on going? Theyd still whine about it and come up with another excuse on how they got "cheated" out of thier gold...

lame

Old 08-25-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
So you know more than past Olympic gymnasts who have stated younger gymnasts have an advantage? How many gold medals have you won?
ludacris... a 14 yr old has no difference than a 17 yr old... id say the 17 yr old has a way better advantage... they are professionals... so you honestly think a 14 yr old girl has that big of a difference from a gymnast 2-3 yrs older? wow... you are suckered into this story like everyone else... Cheating is cheating.. I got that... but being 14 does NOT give you an advantage... ITS A BODY TYPE, NOT AGE!!!!

ludacris...

Old 08-25-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
ludacris... a 14 yr old has no difference than a 17 yr old... id say the 17 yr old has a way better advantage... they are professionals... so you honestly think a 14 yr old girl has that big of a difference from a gymnast 2-3 yrs older? wow... you are suckered into this story like everyone else... Cheating is cheating.. I got that... but being 14 does NOT give you an advantage... ITS A BODY TYPE, NOT AGE!!!!

ludacris...
I know watching gymnastics for 4 days out of the year gives you just immense knowledge on them but again I think the gymnasts who have won medals in the Olympics, there have been more than one coming out and saying this, know alot more than an internet forum "expert"

They haven't proven their young? Hmm so last year in the championships when China listed two of the girls as 12 and 13 now their 16 and 17. I guess China has a different calender than everyone else where one year to us is 2 years to them.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:19 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,228,990 times
Quote:
I know watching gymnastics for 4 days out of the year gives you just immense knowledge on them but again I think the gymnasts who have won medals in the Olympics, there have been more than one coming out and saying this, know alot more than an internet forum "expert"

They haven't proven their young? Hmm so last year in the championships when China listed two of the girls as 12 and 13 now their 16 and 17. I guess China has a different calender than everyone else where one year to us is 2 years to them.
Here are links to my friend's son who is on the USA fencing team. Can someone tell me how tall he is?

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/bei...inhardt/221357

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/oly...io/221357.html

This type of evidence is not reliable. I would however like to see the documents that say they are 12 and 13. Someone says he saw something. Where is it? There is plenty of talk about it. But I am very underwhelmed by the lack of contrary proof. The burden is on the accusers.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:

im sorry you lack common sense...

I have never said anything about being an expert... BUT by what you have said, I think you are MR. KNOWITALL... Why arent you at a FAVRE FORUM or something?

Old 08-26-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
im sorry you lack common sense...

I have never said anything about being an expert... BUT by what you have said, I think you are MR. KNOWITALL... Why arent you at a FAVRE FORUM or something?
I havent said I know it all, if you read instead of just glazing over posts you would have said former OLYMPIC GYMNASTS have said. So you know more than they do? Be careful with that big head you might float away.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Builder View Post
Here are links to my friend's son who is on the USA fencing team. Can someone tell me how tall he is?

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/bei...inhardt/221357

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/oly...io/221357.html

This type of evidence is not reliable. I would however like to see the documents that say they are 12 and 13. Someone says he saw something. Where is it? There is plenty of talk about it. But I am very underwhelmed by the lack of contrary proof. The burden is on the accusers.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/27/sp...=1&oref=slogin

Quote:
The Times found two online records of official registration lists of Chinese gymnasts that list He’s birthday as Jan. 1, 1994, which would make her 14. A 2007 national registry of Chinese gymnasts — now blocked in China but viewable through Google cache — shows He’s age as “1994.1.1.”
Another registration list that is unblocked, dated Jan. 27, 2006, and regarding an “intercity” competition in Chengdu, China, also lists He’s birthday as Jan. 1, 1994. That date differs by two years from the birth date of Jan. 1, 1992, listed on He’s passport, which was issued Feb. 14, 2008.

google-results-no-hexin.jpg (image)

This guy was on the Chinese system and explains it well.
Stryde Hax: Hack the Olympics!

Old 08-26-2008, 11:59 AM

ugh.... get over it... people complain about everything... just because they are professionals and have said stuff in articles, doesnt make them right... how does that make them more right than me? i can say anything to the press, if i feel how i feel...

youre just a sucker who is hooked on this issue like everyone else, instead of really rationalizing about it and understand that jsut because somebody says something, DOESNT make it true

Old 08-26-2008, 12:01 PM

by the way, those articles are just articles... not facts...

hell, there is even a michael phelps conspiracy going on... or the WTC conspiracies... do you believe those?

until the facts are laid out, you have to give the girls the gold... i have a feeling its more of the fact that they are chinese and not from the US... i bet if the US were told they looked 14 and needed proof but didnt give it, youd be like... "leave them alone!!"...

hypocrite
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports