Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should there be a Golf Sub-Forum?
Yes, long over due 206 85.83%
No, Soccer doesn't have one so Golf doesn't need one. 34 14.17%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 01:31 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
He not long ago came off of a case of the yips...the YIPS.

That's taking his game to depths no one ever thought. Jack never had a case of the chipping yips (IIR)...

Tiger's done...if he has anything left in the tank it would possibly be one last major...but I don't even think that is very feasible or likely at this point with the likes of DJ, Jordan, Rory, Day, among numrous others that are at the top now.
I developed the YIPS. Single digit hcp. Never completely cured them. It's miserable. It's beyond technique. It eventually becomes mental. Even the best players get them, even when chipping/short game. It actually made me happy to see TW get them because everyone I talked to laughed at me for having them. Thirty plus years of golfing - now I do other stuff and don't miss the game. I do attend the PGA events in FL for a day or two (Players, Valspar, Arnies), but don't watch coverage anymore much except the Majors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 06:11 PM

Went out for a few hours at Valspar. Lots of young golfers as well as old ones Singh Striker. Next week will head to Armies for annual pilgrimage Tues practice round...

Old 03-12-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Should City-Data Forums have a golf forum in the sports forum?

I say yes 613 pages of golf threads about golf so far. Hey Mod's please add a golf sub forum to the sports section!!!
can't even keep this thread alive ----I'm delivering a monologue here

Old 03-12-2017, 10:28 AM

3,507 posts, read 765,449 times
unless you play golf nothing is more boring than watching or talking about golf .. when i played i could not get enuff of it .. but when i was`nt on the course i could not find a single person to share my love of the game .. fortunately or unfortunately an injury forced me to give it up .. i had a 4 handicap at the time which means i played a lot and practiced even more .. it was worse than a drug addiction ...

Old 03-12-2017, 04:16 PM

Congrats Adam Hadwin 2017 Winner Valspar.

Last edited by BucFan; 03-12-2017 at 04:58 PM..

Old 03-12-2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
unless you play golf nothing is more boring than watching or talking about golf .. when i played i could not get enuff of it .. but when i was`nt on the course i could not find a single person to share my love of the game .. fortunately or unfortunately an injury forced me to give it up .. i had a 4 handicap at the time which means i played a lot and practiced even more .. it was worse than a drug addiction ...
Very similar situation here. Not injury, but change in priorities after yips. 9 HCP also addicted to playing an watching the game. Rarely play anymore - just occasionally when traveling mostly for walking exercise and the scenery.

Attended countless PGA, Senior, LPGA, Champions, and even Euro events. Played courses all around the country/world. Takes too much time and effort to remain "good"....I follow the sport primarily during tour events in the area (TB, Orlando, Jax) and majors, Ryder/Pres Cup. PGA Tour is over-saturated with events.....too long of a season. Today's event was void of most of the big names and somewhat enjoyable, especially had Cantley won.

Last edited by BucFan; 03-12-2017 at 04:58 PM..

Old 03-16-2017, 03:09 AM

Spent Tues at Arnie's practice rounds.

Old 03-16-2017, 06:00 AM

6,590 posts, read 11,288,331 times
Nice pics Buc. I was watching the preview show on TGC last night. A lot of tributes planned this week for Arnie. Did you happen to see the display of his cart/clubs on 16th or 17th (forgot which one they said it was on)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
lol. Even as an avid golfer (at least once a week), I often find it boring. I'll watch the majors and the bigger tournaments. But the rest, I typically just have it up as background noise. Of course, you'll still catch a good match here and there. Albeit I'm like that with all sports. I rather participate than watch/talk about it.

I actually tune in more to the LPGA these days. My game is much more comparable to theirs. Watching the guys fade a 7 iron 180 yards is just not realistic for me. The college coverage on TGC is also pretty good.

Old 03-16-2017, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macroy View Post
Nice pics Buc. I was watching the preview show on TGC last night. A lot of tributes planned this week for Arnie. Did you happen to see the display of his cart/clubs on 16th or 17th (forgot which one they said it was on)?

Didn't see the display - maybe wasn't out yet on Tues.

18th hole was lined with large posters like this one commemorating key accomplishments in Palmer's life. Found it interesting.

Old 03-16-2017, 06:12 AM

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports