Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 10:51 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,271,403 times

Advertisements

I had to post this for all the MO people out there.
This is VERY IMPORTANT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In November, Missouri will have an opportunity to vote and possibly make the lives of breeding dogs a little better. At least it is a first step.

There will be an investigation report on Fox 2 on July 13 after the All star game. Trust me the investigation report will be worth watching...yeah, I know it will be late but you’ll learn something so try to watch if you can. This report will show you a breeding facility that has 1000 dogs.......1000 dogs living in filth, wire cages with the floor wire that causes sores on their feet and feces stacked under their cages.

Please watch this report on July 13....and vote to stop this type of breeding.
Attached here is the Dept of Ag report.....you can read the problems Ag found at this facility. I imagine you can smell the place before you see it....

Thanks and think of the dogs that never walk on grass
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 12:27 PM

79 posts, read 119,148 times
Nothing is attached. I'd like to read the report. Do you have the name of the kennel?

Thanks
OCL

Old 07-13-2010, 12:31 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
links would be helpful. I am a dog lover but I have been censored for posting political messages on the state forum even when it applied directly to Missourians.

Old 07-13-2010, 04:21 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,095,135 times
I have a friend who adopted a dog that had suffered at a puppy mill. The dog spent her life in a small kennel giving birth to pups. Her legs are still crooked after being with my friend for a few years now, from being squished all that time in the kennel. She has little control over her bladder and is walked hourly during the day.
I can't speak for or against the bill; I haven't seen it yet. I have heard about it and want to check it out before the election. But puppy mills are an issue around here, for sure. Shame on those who run them, and shame on people who buy dogs without doing a little homework on where and who they are buying from.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:01 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,406,823 times
As a Breeder I will be voting No on anything taking income away from my family.

brushrunner

Old 07-14-2010, 05:16 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,032,749 times
here is the news story:

Alleged Puppy Mill Has Store in St. Peters - KTVI (http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-fox-files-puppy-mill-mexico-071310,0,3789775.story - broken link)

and brushrunner .... if you take proper and humane care of your breeding dogs and puppies, you have NOTHING to fear from the puppy mill bill ..... if however, you are a miller, then i would absolutely understand why you would be against this bill......

Old 07-14-2010, 07:43 AM

11 posts, read 29,455 times
My heart just breaks when I think about the horrid conditions these dogs have to endure. The limit of 50 breeding animals in the new proposed law still seems too high to me, but at least it is something.
Missourians for the Protection of Dogs is the group trying to raise awareness. I applaud their efforts. Please support if you care, and if you can.
Joyce
Marshfield

Old 07-14-2010, 09:12 PM

914 posts, read 2,207,061 times
I will agree with one observation - this IS important!

This law has nothing to do with "puppy mills". Mo. has laws that have been used time and again to shut down and even prosecute abusive breeders. Most of the problems tend to arise from unlicensed breeders. Let me repeat that - the problems tend to be with people who are not known to the state of Missouri. What they do is already illegal. Assigning new limits to LICENSED breeders is not going to change the behavior of UNLICENSED breeders. If the problem is poor enforcement, the answer is not new laws.

No, this law is about establishing the precedent of control of the use, care, and breeding of all animals. That includes YOUR dog, YOUR cat. Your parakeet. Not to mention cows, sheep, hogs, chickens, every farm animal - and of course, those of us whose very lives depend upon a sustainable food source. It is the camel's nose under the tent to gain power over virtually every farmer and every pet owner in the state.

The Humane Society of the US, whose paid shills lied to and harassed voters at public libraries, malls, and public venues across the state, has a budget in excess of one hundred millions of dollars per yer, but spends almost exactly nothing on animals: less than a fraction of 1% of their budget. They are not associated with the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, or any shelter organization. They are purely a political organization. They care little for animals, as animals, but care a great deal about political power.

Note that this law is sought to be acted upon directly by the voters - not our representatives, not our senators. Not even our governor. Will there be any scrutiny for unintended consequences? Will there be any analysis of who will be affected and how? No. Will there be an unreasoned emotional appeal to "do something"? Absolutely. This is not the way sensible people make laws, but it is the way unscrupulous, power hungry groups get rich.

By the way, it was 94 deg. here locally today. This new law will require controlled environments for the dogs - 45 to 85 deg. You all did provide air conditioning for your dogs and cats today, didn't you?

Old 07-15-2010, 08:50 AM

419 posts, read 1,182,527 times
Thank you Arrby. Your post explained it all very well. We raise livestock and we are very worried about this bill.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:22 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,271,403 times
YES.... they are in AC 78* plus 2 tower fans blowing on them, all day long. Potty breaks are fast... get out there do your business & get back in.
Our Rotts are VERY spoiled & deserve the best & get it beacuse the deserve it. Every dog/cat/pet/human should have AC or at least fans blowing for them outside.
Well... I guess we could all move to San Diego....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area