Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 09:15 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,340,727 times

Advertisements

What do you know ..do tell all that you may know ... inquiring minds in another state want to know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2007, 09:21 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Question Where in the world is Blue Eye?

If you plug in Blue Eye on Google Earth or some other satellite imagery program, you'll see a teeny tiny town on the border of MO/AR south of Table Rock Lake. The pop is like 400.
BUT...if you consider the Blue Eye mailing address, it's a fairly large rural/lake area that includes all of that part of Hwy 86 (look at the map) from just west of the Long Creek Bridge (as soon as you cross into Stone County) and all of the UU Hwy & JJ Hwy & Cow Creek peninsulas. And along the state line...but the town of BE is like, one really great restaurant and a post office, and the new development of the (in)famous Jim Bakker, star of pulpit & small screen. He's creating some interest with his new "Morningside" development...haven't been out there yet.
As far as home/land prices, the Blue Eye "area" is still fairly affordable considering you're within 10-20 min of Branson and all the cool stuff there.
Very rural. Very much lakefront. Very cool.
I like Blue Eye very much.

Old 07-15-2007, 12:17 PM

What are the people like in this area? Will they accept transplants?

Grocery stores?
other stores near by? yea know Target / Walmart ... and I love a good Dollar store (my dh hates them lol)

is it possible to find a house in this area with a walk out basement?
that is not on the lake?

Old 07-15-2007, 03:05 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,551,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post

Grocery stores?
other stores near by? yea know Target / Walmart ... and I love a good Dollar store (my dh hates them lol)

that is not on the lake?
Walk out basement is what I want but dreaming about having a lake too. So we can build a platform and put a diving board & slide so my kids and I could have so much fun. Then again my hubby said you can make man made pond for that. Don't know about that.

Oh yeah Target and Walmart...Gotta have. L_O_V_E_ the dollars storessssss.Kids love them too. Let's see Costco would be nice too. Don't have to go to Target or Costco all the time so I am willing to drive 30min to hour for them. But gotta have a good super market.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:23 PM

On our property now we have a pond ..its deep enough to do something ... but I personally wouldnt get in it ......I watched my son pull those snappin turtles out >>NO THANKS! If I cant see through the water .. I AINT gettin IN IT!

Old 07-16-2007, 10:44 AM

Quote:
On our property now we have a pond ..its deep enough to do something ... but I personally wouldnt get in it ......I watched my son pull those snappin turtles out >>NO THANKS! If I cant see through the water .. I AINT gettin IN IT!
Snappin turtles? Awww I love turtles and frogs too. What about fish? Did your hubby man made the pond?
So that means you ain't gonna swim in the Lake? You can't see the bottom. My thinking it is best not see the bottom so they don't see my butt'um.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:17 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Default Blue Eye...

Quote:

Grocery stores?

that is not on the lake?
Again...Blue Eye is a tiny town with a post office and a good restaurant. The town itself is about 20 minutes from Hollister/Branson...and all the shopping and amenities (ok...ok...there's still no Trader Joe's) that you could need. (Superstore, Sam's, Target, The Home Depot, Lowe's, three outlet malls, tons of ...check out bransonchamber.com... everything!
I haven't met EVERYBODY in the Blue Eye (and remember, too, that it's a huge rural mail delivery area including lots of lake front) area, but everyone I've met has been good people.
And yes, our terrain is rolling to fairly steep to straight up and down...you shouldn't have trouble finding a walkout basement home.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:35 AM

I think im getting SOLD!! lol

Karey - Our property was family farm property ... the pond was there and the fields were falling into it or whatever its called ...... we also have a creek bed that is pretty deep and wide ........ but the pond my hubby and his buddies got the big giant equipment out ... oh ya know those big yellow things ..and redug it out ... I have pics of me standing in the whole with a little bit of water standing it in somewhere .......... I think its about 30 feet deep ..........we found the live spring so its spring fed ......... and my son and all his friends go fishing and bring fish over and put in ......... my sons best friends grandpa owns the local fish market .........
plus the farm place sells fish each year ......we purchased quit a few fish and put in ...
And girl have you ever seen a snapping turtle .. Im talking ones that are as wide as a trash can lid? ... best yet when they are mad and hisssing? The last one my son got out ....... could not fit in the bottom of a plastic barrel .........he was bottom down and head up ............and he was knocking the lid off with his head ........ I told my son to not mess with him ......... well ...... he sold him for about $8 lbs! He was turtle soup at some church function..

and for ya all reading this I guess we are hillbillies ..but thats not a bad thing ..just means were more connected with the land ..right ?

Old 07-16-2007, 02:44 PM

Quote:
I think im getting SOLD!! lol

Karey - Our property was family farm property ... the pond was there and the fields were falling into it or whatever its called ...... we also have a creek bed that is pretty deep and wide ........ but the pond my hubby and his buddies got the big giant equipment out ... oh ya know those big yellow things ..and redug it out ... I have pics of me standing in the whole with a little bit of water standing it in somewhere .......... I think its about 30 feet deep ..........we found the live spring so its spring fed ......... and my son and all his friends go fishing and bring fish over and put in ......... my sons best friends grandpa owns the local fish market .........
plus the farm place sells fish each year ......we purchased quit a few fish and put in ...
And girl have you ever seen a snapping turtle .. Im talking ones that are as wide as a trash can lid? ... best yet when they are mad and hisssing? The last one my son got out ....... could not fit in the bottom of a plastic barrel .........he was bottom down and head up ............and he was knocking the lid off with his head ........ I told my son to not mess with him ......... well ...... he sold him for about $8 lbs! He was turtle soup at some church function..

and for ya all reading this I guess we are hillbillies ..but thats not a bad thing ..just means were more connected with the land ..right ?
Your place sounds like paradise until you hear them cars driving by and the nasty crowded community. Never mind not good enough.

Turtle soup Whaaaaa Whaaa whahhhhh poor little turtle.

Big yellow things.... Your funny LOL. Did you mean the SNORT? in the book Are you my mother?

Old 07-16-2007, 08:47 PM

no im talking catapillar big mens toys ... scoops thingies ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area