Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 01:27 PM

879 posts, read 2,880,166 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good dog boarding kennel somewhere between Springfield and the general Hollister area? We need to board our sweet Lucy in April for a weekend and want to ensure it's a clean, safe kennel that maybe also offers lots of play time and personal attention. Lucy spent 3 months at the Humane Society in a kennel and we don't want to tramatize the poor little girl (she's a year...we've had her about 4 months).

Thanks in advance...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 07:20 PM

144 posts, read 552,681 times
In Ozark, there is a doggie day care. It is called Pampered Pets I believe. It is located on 20th (I believe that is the road) near Bumsteads. Fantastic. Your doggie can even have their own tv in their kennel for bed time. They have a large outdoor play area for all the dogs to run and play. My cousin used to take her dogs there twice a week just for socializing with other dogs.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:39 PM

10 posts, read 36,194 times
we were just looking at pet hotels today and camp bow wow and caroline's pampered pets were the ones that came highly recomended.

we toured both facilities and decided on camp bow wow.

caroline's pampered pets is $25 a night and camp bow wow is $28 a night.

camp bow wow just seemed a lot cleaner and nicer looking. the kennel spaces at camp bow wow weren't as big and spacious as the ones at pampered pets but the play area was a lot nicer. the one at pampered pets was kinda dark and dingy and a little disappointing...the one at camp bow wow had an inside or outside option depending on the dog...it had like a walk-through plastic latch thing. the staff at both places were really nice but the ones at camp bow wow had uniforms on and was more professional looking. they both had bath and nail clipping options. they both also administered medication if your pet needed it. we're bringing our own food but they provide food at both places too though they recommend that you keep your pet on the same diet/food so it doesn't mess with their tummy.

camp bow wow requires your pet to have a socialization "interview" where you drop off your pet for a "trial run" that's free to see if your pet will get along with the other pets which was kinda reassuring. they also required up to date vaccinations which was nice too.

it all may seem a little much but in the long run we figured we wanted to take all the extra precautions we could take.

i would say go ahead and take a tour of both facilities and see which one you like better.

camp bow wow is at 1900 w sunset and caroline's pampered pets is in the ozarks.

we live in town so the commute was easier and we were impressed with the facility but then again...you never know.

when are you lookign to board? we come back the first week of april and if it's not too late, we'll let you know how it went.

good luck!

p/s there's also houseguardian.com that came recommended too but we weren't too comfortable with someone going in and out of our house while we were away but if you're okay with it...that might be an option too?

petland is also suppose to come out with a boarding facility too but i don't know when that will be available...so...yeah.

hope this helped anyway!

Old 03-17-2008, 06:42 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,430,358 times
I would highly recommend A Lot to Bark About, between Springfield and Nixa. They don't use kennels, but instead keep dogs in open areas and group them by size and/or activity level. There's someone there with the dogs 24/7 and they have live webcams so that you can log in and see your dog at any time. In addition, the owner is a dog lover at heart. She has always taken a personal interest in our dogs and genuinely cares about each and every dog that stays with her.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:54 AM

Default CAMP BOW WOW Springfield

I'm happy to report that Lucy spent the day at Camp Bow Wow in Springfield and gives it a 4 paws up rating! Clean, well run, good quality control as far as feeding, medications, etc. She spent the day in "day camp" playing with new friends (and ran into an old friend from Petsmart training class...small world). I was so impressed that not only is she staying there when we go to St. Louis for the weekend, she's going to go to day camp a couple of days a week for awhile. She is one happy dog even today (ok...maybe I'm happy 'cause our 1 year old lab is actually taking a nap!).

Old 03-30-2008, 01:18 PM

Thumbs up Update on Camp BowWow..Springfield

Just thought I would let you know that Lucy has had 3 days at CampBowWow and is scheduled to become a twice a week play guest.
She LOVES it. Drives home the whole concept about dogs needing to work off their energy and a backyard alone doesn't do it.

She is happy, tired, and a better family member...unbelievable.

The place continues to impress me with the cleanliness, control, and friendliness. Lucy is excited when we arrive and happy and calm when we leave.

We're going to give her a trial "overnighter" to make sure we don't traumatize her but we think it will work out great for those rare occasions we need to board her.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:27 AM

13 posts, read 58,042 times
We've used Camp Bow Wow for awhile now and have always had great luck. Our dog is always spoiled and we feel much better knowing she's being taken care of and that we can check on her.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:08 PM

39 posts, read 90,239 times
Smile Branson Boarding

,,,please, no advertising...

Last edited by ShadowCaver; 01-30-2009 at 08:59 PM..

Old 12-21-2008, 01:00 PM

39 posts, read 90,239 times
Default Branson Boarding

,,,please, no advertising - contact the poster via DM if interested...

Last edited by ShadowCaver; 01-30-2009 at 08:55 PM..

Old 01-28-2009, 08:50 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,091,672 times
BellaRose Just saw your dogs--absolutely beautiful. I had a sheltie (tri-color) until he passed away at 16. He was a darling and a wonderful boy. My son grew up with him and I know he plans to get a sheltie when he is more settled. He moves to Springfield fall 2009 and when he is ready I will send him your way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area