Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 03:06 PM

10 posts, read 16,500 times

Advertisements

I visited Springfield recently to visit relatives and I stayed in condo in Kimberling City. It was so beautiful that after getting back home, all I can think about is living my senior years there on the lake. Does anyone know the areas around highway 13 and any info on leasing apartment or condo on table rock or any lake.
Any info would be appreciated.
PB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 09:13 PM

77 posts, read 291,326 times
Default Google + Local Realtors + Inflatable Foldout Lifeboat

I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation to the Ozarks, people tend to do that! The question you asked is a very broad one about a very broad area. The "or any lake" is going to be a bit of a problem for me. You can Google "Table Rock Lake Condos" or something of the sort and get so many results it'll make your head spin. It would probably be a better idea to find a few companies with property around there (Google can be your friend here, too) and see what they have and what the properties are going for. As for right now, I hope you have a boat... Don't live too close to the lake. Many poor souls are watching their dream homes flood right now. Sad.

Good luck!

Old 05-25-2011, 04:59 PM

974 posts, read 1,587,633 times
What area are you referring to? I live on Table Rock outside of Reeds Spring which is just north of Kim city. Or are you wanting to know about the Lampe area? Or the Kim city area? Give me some details and I will try to help you out.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:25 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,383,163 times
Default Table Rock Flooding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_movingtarget View Post
As for right now, I hope you have a boat... Don't live too close to the lake. Many poor souls are watching their dream homes flood right now. Sad.

Good luck!
Hey movingtarget...

I'd be very interested in where you're seeing Table Rock Lake homes flooded...I only know of a few that were built below the 936' level and therefore would flood when the lake is this high. There's a couple down DD in Reeds Spring...some off Y-20 in Galena...where else?

Old 05-27-2011, 11:42 AM

77 posts, read 291,326 times
I saw something on the KY3 news a couple of days ago, and from the footage, it looked like the water was right up on some doorsteps. I thought it was Table Rock, but could have been another. News footage can be a bit deceiving, though, I admit!

Probably related to this article.

Last edited by a_movingtarget; 05-27-2011 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: Link.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:45 AM

Cool Flooding info

That's very possible...because of my line of work I am reeeeeeaaaalllllyyyy interested in knowing which sticksnbricks are going to require flood insurance. The fema maps aren't helpful 'cause those folks use a pretty broad brush.

Thanks for any info tho...

Old 05-29-2011, 12:50 PM

10 posts, read 16,500 times
Thanks to all of yu. I have looked at so many on line and my cousin went Saturday and looked at Port Holiday for sale for $105,000. I may just think about renting or leasing. Do you all know any places around Kimberling City. That is all I saw when I was there. I guess rentals on the water are hard to find. Of course, I would need to sell my home in Alabama. So my dream may never come true.
Appreciate any advice you all have.
Brenda

Old 06-02-2011, 10:06 AM

Cool My advice...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciousbama View Post
So my dream may never come true.
Appreciate any advice you all have.
Brenda
Never Give Up.

Never. Ever. Give. Up.

That's my advice.

~Lake Junkie

Old 06-02-2011, 06:49 PM

10 posts, read 34,609 times
I have my interview tomorrow! If/when all goes well, I'll be heading towards Springfield in a couple weeks! Send your warm thoughts and wishes my way. Kind of nervous about the transfer and leaving Arizona. And than.............listening to the news I hear about the numberous wild fires, shootings, drownings, recall of our corrupt politicians, etc......Of course your Indepdence officer that shot the concrete alligator made our news! And made me laugh. I really need the change!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area