Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 09:08 AM

188 posts, read 358,215 times

Advertisements

I have lived in several different states and so far MO is the least pet friendly place I have been. In other places dogs are welcome almost everywhere. Here I see many stores with 'no pets' signs. I consider my dogs my kids and used to like to take them everywhere. BUT, I did find a pet friendly church where a few people bring thier well behave dogs. I have taken my little chihuahua there. Don't ask what church because I don't want nasty comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 09:14 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieRose View Post
I have lived in several different states and so far MO is the least pet friendly place I have been. In other places dogs are welcome almost everywhere. Here I see many stores with 'no pets' signs. I consider my dogs my kids and used to like to take them everywhere. BUT, I did find a pet friendly church where a few people bring thier well behave dogs. I have taken my little chihuahua there. Don't ask what church because I don't want nasty comments.
Desn't matter what church that is. That's nuts!

PS. Just in case no one ever told ya, it's doubtful that you gave birth to your canine "kids." But then again...

Old 01-11-2012, 11:25 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Desn't matter what church that is. That's nuts!

PS. Just in case no one ever told ya, it's doubtful that you gave birth to your canine "kids." But then again...

fwiw ... my momma did not give birth to me OR my brother.... doesn't make us any less of a family....

Old 01-11-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
fwiw ... my momma did not give birth to me OR my brother.... doesn't make us any less of a family....
Well, if you can't discern the difference between you, your brother and dogs, you really need help.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:16 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,030,698 times
Quote:
Well, if you can't discern the difference between you, your brother and dogs, you really need help.

oh, I can easily discern the difference.... was just taking issue with your implication that families are created only through giving birth....

Old 01-11-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
oh, I can easily discern the difference.... was just taking issue with your implication that families are created only through giving birth....
Umm! No. I was speaking to the issue of dogs vs people. Sorry if you can't discern that difference.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:05 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
When we visited Branson, in October, although I left our dog home, we didn't find it people OR pet friendly. Extremely touristy area, oppressive humidity and a little too "hee haw" for our tastes. Surrounding area is attractive, but no "wow" compared to some other states.

On the other hand, when traveling in RV, have found Bar Harbor, Maine, Tampa and the Florida Keys, very pet friendly. There is a fantastic dog beach in Fort DeSoto in Clearwater FL. Many states actually have designated dog parks...so you don't have to worry about mean spirited people!

Last edited by Ellwood; 01-11-2012 at 02:17 PM..

Old 01-11-2012, 02:13 PM

My golden retriever is a certified therapy dog, who has read with children with disabilities, brought smiles to injured veterans, visited with people in nursing homes and listen to their sad stories, especially how no one has time to visit them. She doesn't jump on people, doesn't lick people, and is content to have a wrinkled hand on her head or a little child lay on her. IMO she is much better behaved than most people.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
When we visited Branson, in October, although I left our dog home, we didn't find it people OR pet friendly. Extremely touristy area, oppressive humidity and a little too "hee haw" for our tastes. Surrounding area is attractive, but no "wow" compared to some other states.
Well then, we'uns just hope you left a lot of your tourist dollars behind to help out the local economy.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Well then, we'uns just hope you left a lot of your tourist dollars behind to help out the local economy.
Actually we didn't leave too much $$$. It was a Navy reunion with reduced rates in hotel and only went to one show, which gave us a group discount. I know I won't return...only got me once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area