Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2007, 04:02 PM

49 posts, read 261,774 times

Advertisements

I recently created a yahoo group for amateur writers in the Springfield area. I love to write, but I have many areas needing imporvement....I also know that sometimes I wish there were other writers that I knew I could chit chat with from time to time about writing or whatever.
That is why I created this group. Not just for me, but because if I feel this way, then I know there must be others in the Springfield and surrounding area feeling the same way. Currently I have just me but I have another person who is considering joining pretty soon. If you would like to join or have any questions, you can send me a message or go to: Moderator cut: url removed
I'm really hoping to make this a group that will meet at least once a month, but also keep intouch through email and other small get togethers between each monthly meeting. In this group will share ideas of how and where to get published, how to improve our writings skills, ideas to write about...and any other things we'd like help or encouragement with.
Once again, if you have any questions or would like to join, please let me know!

Last edited by autumngal; 03-17-2008 at 07:45 AM.. Reason: no links to message boards or forums please, ty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 03:05 PM

50 posts, read 213,381 times
Default Still active?

I found this posting for an amateur writing group in Springfield with little activity and was wondering if anyone is still involved with the group? I'm moving to Springfield soon and would like to try my hand at publishing a local newsletter, newspaper (weekly).

Truth is, I'm not sure if print is the way to go - with the internet available for free (myspace, facebook, blogs, blogs, blogs, free web pages, youtube, etc) it's hard to justify paying good money to print anything these days - except maybe a great photo to frame and hang on the wall, that is.

However, I know that the Internet isn't for everybody and there is still that "old-school" reader market (including me) to cater to. Would like to meet some local writers, discuss what is already out there (competition) and see if the market can sustain one more.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:07 PM

Default Still up and running :)

Yes, the group is still active, well, there hasn't been any "activity" but that is because I recently got married and life got pretty hectic for a while so I didn't ahve time to really work at the new group. But there are a few members and soon we will start scheduling meetings and get togethers. Since the gorup is small, I'm not sure how much "help" we will all be for each other, but as the group grows and we get more people with different types of backgrounds in writing, we will all gain more help from each other as well as friendships
So please join! Now that the wedding is over, I will be able to devote more time to seeking out new members and get meetings going. I look forward to meeting you when you move to Springfield!

Old 03-11-2008, 08:53 AM

50 posts, read 213,381 times
Default I joined the group

Will give you a shout when I get settled. By the way congrats on getting married. Have done it twice myself - it's a great hobby but it can become pretty time-consuming if you let it!

Old 03-11-2008, 10:02 AM

870 posts, read 3,082,443 times
Hey there, groupies!! Just joined the club!! Looking forward to swapping ideas and expanding my horizons!!

greengeek, there is a little paper called The Rag, in the lake area, you have to see! Very bad copy and printing, but some of the content is good. Alot of it comes straight from the internet. I guess for those "old school" readers!! There is truly room for more!!

erdnuss, congrats on the wedding! You made it 2 whole weeks!?! LOL!
Hopefully, you won't be too busy with the Honeymoon!!

Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:42 PM

lol, we are waiting until the end of March to go on our honeymoon We didn't have money to take it right after the wedding, plus, we were busy enough preparing for the wedding plus moving. He moved into a house a couple weeks before the wedding so we spent those last two weeks getting stuff in the house, plus I did most of the stuff for the wedding (like making bouquets, flower arrangements and decorating....) so I was really busy and wouldn't have had time to pack for a honeymoon.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:37 PM

870 posts, read 3,082,443 times
Sounds like you have been a busy girl! (I made the bouquets for my wedding, too!)

Hope you are settling in nicely in your new home. I think I found a source for your garden fertilizer. It's down my way, in Branson West. If you don't find anything closer, let me know.

I hope you get to go somewhere really nice for the Honeymoon! We will get together when you get back and recouperate!!

Old 04-07-2008, 12:43 PM

45 posts, read 130,328 times
Hi, All...

We are moving to the Salem-Licking area in the middle of May. I like to get to know other writers. I have three novels published and more on the way. I hope you'll let me join your group!

Talk to you soon.

Gene
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area