Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 03:34 PM

35 posts, read 99,737 times

Advertisements

We are finally moving to Springfield from Nevada. We are loading up next Saturday and heading out. Only problem is, my son and I will be coming out without my husband. He passed away on April 4 and we are totally lost. The new employer is being great though. We were supposed to do property management as a team, but the owner decided to go with just me. Have no idea how we will get along without him but I know we can't stay here. I have help loading the Uhaul but does anyone know someone out there that I can pay to help me unload? Just don't know what to do anymore...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2008, 04:28 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,496,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevadacrazy View Post
We are finally moving to Springfield from Nevada. We are loading up next Saturday and heading out. Only problem is, my son and I will be coming out without my husband. He passed away on April 4 and we are totally lost. The new employer is being great though. We were supposed to do property management as a team, but the owner decided to go with just me. Have no idea how we will get along without him but I know we can't stay here. I have help loading the Uhaul but does anyone know someone out there that I can pay to help me unload? Just don't know what to do anymore...
Before you head off to Springfield call a moving company. I think most movers will do jobs like yours.
Sory for your loss

Old 04-20-2008, 05:58 PM

6 posts, read 19,540 times
Two Men and a Truck is a moving company there that will probably be able to help. Good luck, Springfield is a nice town.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:06 PM

Thanks for the advice. Will give it a try.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:24 PM

879 posts, read 2,879,442 times
Default Welcome and...

First I'm so sorry for your loss. It must be hard embarking on a new life that had been planned together.

Secondly, welcome to the area (where are you moving to?). You'll find a great group of people here. Perhaps you can join us for a coffee clatch (see OVer the Fence Coffee Club).

Most moving companies have people they can refer for your unpacking. Worst comes to worse, you can use a day labor agency...just ensure you ask for someone who speaks English so you can give directions and know they understand (or you have a better shot at it).

Best of luck in your endeavors.

MrsC

Old 04-23-2008, 02:19 PM

Thank you for the advice We will be moving out to the NW side of town on Fulbright(or farm road 137). From the map it looks like it's out near the airport and zoo. Haven't seen the house yet but am really looking forward to the move. Having a really bad day here, been crying all day, so I'm hoping it will be better out there. Also, if anybody knows of someone trying to rehome a small dog, I promised out 7 yr old son that we would find him a buddy when we get there. Something to help take his mind off his dad. Thanks again.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:37 PM

1,921 posts, read 6,428,924 times
Quote:
Also, if anybody knows of someone trying to rehome a small dog, I promised out 7 yr old son that we would find him a buddy when we get there. Something to help take his mind off his dad. Thanks again.
You shouldn't have any problem finding a new family friend at the local Humane Society. There's also an animal shelter that takes dogs to Petsmart on weekends to help place them in new homes.

Best of luck with your move.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:51 PM

870 posts, read 3,082,443 times
Default We will find him a doggie

Quote:
Thank you for the advice We will be moving out to the NW side of town on Fulbright(or farm road 137). From the map it looks like it's out near the airport and zoo. Haven't seen the house yet but am really looking forward to the move. Having a really bad day here, been crying all day, so I'm hoping it will be better out there. Also, if anybody knows of someone trying to rehome a small dog, I promised out 7 yr old son that we would find him a buddy when we get there. Something to help take his mind off his dad. Thanks again.
So sorry for you! Our local shelter has some really cute small dogs. I'm having a benefit for them, and picked up 2 cuties to film our commercial. They were so cute! I did NOT want to take them back! We will make sure you get hooked up!

Can't wait to meet you!

Old 04-23-2008, 02:53 PM

2 posts, read 11,476 times
Smile Help for move

Very sorry to hear of your loss. Hope this move works out for you and your son. there is a local company called Two Men & a Truck: their phon e # is : 417-866-0376. Member BBB & have a good reputation. Hope this helps you somewhat. Good Luck!

Old 04-23-2008, 10:27 PM

You guys are so wonderful. I'm sitting here crying, again, and I haven't even met you guys yet. So nice to know that there area such caring people out there at such a horrible time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area