Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 08:08 AM

974 posts, read 1,587,633 times

Advertisements

Just let me know when one is and I will make all attempts to be there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 09:58 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,656,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
I needed a big cup of coffee this morning. It's was a crazy morning since the wife saw the stripper from the bar last night hanging out on the back my truck.
Ummmm ok

Old 06-09-2014, 01:47 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,341,128 times
Wow ... I was just thinking of all my online friends on here .... and wondered how I could get back on.... couldn't remember my pass word ... then I was goggling something and one of my own OLD post popped up! How funny .... SO here I am years later still not in Mo. Well we have some direction but no particular reason now ... still looking ... think we have a buyer for our property ... and then were going to try to find a place outside of Springfield. We will be driving through in a few weeks ... Anything we must see ??? Any particular town? Feels good to be back!

Old 06-15-2014, 10:10 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post
Wow ... I was just thinking of all my online friends on here .... and wondered how I could get back on.... couldn't remember my pass word ... then I was goggling something and one of my own OLD post popped up! How funny .... SO here I am years later still not in Mo. Well we have some direction but no particular reason now ... still looking ... think we have a buyer for our property ... and then were going to try to find a place outside of Springfield. We will be driving through in a few weeks ... Anything we must see ??? Any particular town? Feels good to be back!
Glad to have you back. As for what to see, in a word or two, the Ozarks - forests, lakes, hills, hollers, villages, historic sights you name it. Just wander. You'll be glad you did.

Old 09-28-2014, 02:40 PM

2Be
Better hurry or I'll beat ye there....323 days

Old 09-28-2014, 07:39 PM

791 posts, read 1,820,155 times
Talking 323 days...but who's counting?????.... ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
2Be
Better hurry or I'll beat ye there....323 days
Hey BassMan!!!

Long time no talk to. I got an email about this thread so I thought I'd check it out. Funny you should mention how many days left before you head out to MO.

Believe it or not, I made an Excel spreadsheet to calculate the countdown. I must have been off by 1 day, cuz it says 324 days. hehehe

It was 6-23-2008 when you originally posted that you had 2612 days to go; now look, it's six years later and you've less than 1 year to go. Did you ever believe you'd get here? According to my calculations, D-Day is 8-18-15, or 8-17-15 according to yours. Gee...it makes me sound like a stalker, huh? LOLOL I just figured we'd still be hangin' out and so I kept track. Funny how I'd forgotten about it till you mentioned it. hehehe

Congratulations on making it this far. I'm happy for you! I hope the wait was worth it and you find the perfect piece of God's Green Earth to call your own.

2beamissourian---same goes for you. You should find that area of MO quite nice.

We moved out of MO a little over a year ago after being there 6 years. We settled just north of Springfield and loved the area. It's just sooooo beautiful there. All the greenery, and lack of significant traffic....just awesome! But....I'm glad we're not there anymore...various reasons, but it's all good. We're closer to family now and that's a GREAT thing!

Either way, I wish you both much happiness in your new adventures. Much of the old gang still lives near Springfield, so perhaps you'll run into 'em one day.

Tas For Now,
Boof ^_^

Old 09-28-2014, 08:43 PM

Boof
Your off by a day. LOL .
August 17, 2015 is my D-Day officially..
Well it really is my last day of work, I have a couple of months of vacation piled up, so we will actually move earlier. I have to work my last day though. Stupid rule huh.... I'll hit the refinery gate and head for the airport.
Ps: did your spread sheet count leap years ?

Old 10-10-2014, 08:05 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,655,663 times
Thumbs up Hooray for you, CaliBassMan!!

CaliBassMan, how exciting to hear you'll be moving here next year! Whew! What a journey, huh? Here's a tip for you...don't move too far from Springfield. Our goal was to move within a half hour drive and we did it! It takes 20 minutes to get to the SE part of town. Boof moved much farther and it took her 45 minutes to get there. I know that because we eventually worked together! How cool is THAT?!

It's a big enough city that if I wanted to get to the NW part of town, I'm sure it would take me 45 minutes to get there and I'm not wanting to drive that far for work. I love the SE part of town for shopping, too.

Old 10-11-2014, 11:21 AM

Mrs G
I'll be a little farther away that that..
Springfield is to big for me, all I need is a Superwalmart, a feed store, and a hardware store....

Old 01-29-2015, 01:34 PM

200 days......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area