Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 03:55 PM

1 posts, read 7,031 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am new to the forum and would love to get some local opinions on having a nice Thanksgiving Dinner for our families coming in from N. Carolina, Florida and Oklahoma.

We will be staying at the:

Wyndham Mountain Vista
110 Willow Bend Drive
Branson, MO 65616 ( Hwy 76 west. Go about 5 1/2 miles on Hwy 76 to Hwy 165. Turn left on Hwy 165 and go approximately four miles to Wyndham )

Something near this location would probably work out best.

I've looked into the Chateau on the Lake (looks like an awesome dinner) but it is $44 pp so I'm thinking of something a bit less pricey.

Has anyone had any experience with a local restaurant that is nice but possibly under $25 pp or close?

Thanks in advance for all of your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 09:53 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Cool Local restaurants...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karried View Post
Hi, I am new to the forum and would love to get some local opinions on having a nice Thanksgiving Dinner for our families coming in from N. Carolina, Florida and Oklahoma.

Wyndham Mountain Vista
110 Willow Bend Drive
Branson, MO 65616 ( Hwy 76 west. Go about 5 1/2 miles on Hwy 76 to Hwy 165. Turn left on Hwy 165 and go approximately four miles to Wyndham )

I've looked into the Chateau on the Lake (looks like an awesome dinner) but it is $44 pp so I'm thinking of something a bit less pricey.

Has anyone had any experience with a local restaurant that is nice but possibly under $25 pp or close?

Karried,

I'm not sure about price, but one of my favorite local restaurants is Big Cedar. Table Rock Lake Resorts, Cabins & Lodging near Branson MO | Big Cedar | Branson Luxury Vacation

For an affordable and surprizingly good meal, I also recommend our local Golden Corral. It's so much better than the rest of the chain...our local owner is a doll. Golden Corral Branson

Oh, and you might have a great time at the Dick Clark Grill...and do not miss the live music after the show...
http://www.dickclarksabbranson.com/

I'll put my thinking cap on...see if I can come up with more...

Old 09-09-2008, 01:00 PM

879 posts, read 2,879,193 times
Default Thanksgiving dinner

You may want to call around and see what is being offered at:

Big Cedar
Hilton (both of them have nice restaurants)
Blue Olive
Buckinghams Restaurant and Oasis
Moon River Grill
Dobyn's Dining at Keeter Center (my second favorite)
Nicholes (at the clubhouse in Stonebridge...another favorite)
Tony Z's

Some restaurants around here close for things like Christmas eve, Christmas, and Thanksgiving so I would call around. You may have more luck with those connected to a hotel or resort.

Good Luck.

Old 09-09-2008, 03:10 PM

419 posts, read 1,182,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
Karried,

I'm not sure about price, but one of my favorite local restaurants is Big Cedar. Table Rock Lake Resorts, Cabins & Lodging near Branson MO | Big Cedar | Branson Luxury Vacation
Is Devil's Pool the one you like? I see there are several available. I wondered which one was best.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:14 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermouse View Post
Is Devil's Pool the one you like? I see there are several available. I wondered which one was best.
I like them all...but Devil's Pool Restaurant is not considered "the best"...it's the biggest of the three. It depends, I suppose, on your frame of reference. The Worman House is Mrs. Chilicook's fav...she's more of a "foodie" than I. It's also more expensive...

Good suggestions from Mrs. C...I can't believe I forgot about Keeter Center at C of O......good thought.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:32 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karried View Post

Wyndham Mountain Vista
110 Willow Bend Drive

We eat every holiday at Golden Corral. The food is good and inexpensive. I recommend them highly.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-30-2008, 03:07 PM

1 posts, read 6,602 times
We are going to be eating at the Thanksgiving buffet Lions Den in Hollister, MO for $14.95/pers. It is in the old Inn on the old main street in Hollister. It came highly recommended by some locals.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:17 PM

27 posts, read 114,717 times
I thought Big Cedar was really nice when we visited there, but based on the price of lunch, I bet Thanksgiving will be really expensive.

Next time I'm in the Ozarks I'm gonna have to try that Golden Corral. I keep seeing it mentioned, but every one I've been in out here is nasty. Same with Cracker Barrel, which is another one people seem to really like.

Old 10-31-2008, 09:48 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
duplicate post

Old 11-02-2011, 10:20 AM

141 posts, read 426,412 times
Default Thanksgiving dinner

I know that this is an old post but I had a question. My husband and I are new to the area and live in Springfield. My in-laws are coming for Thanksgiving and want to eat out for our Thanksgiving meal. My apartment is not big enough to cook or seat many people. Are there any places in Springfield that might be open? We know that Branson will be packed that weekend so we are trying to avoid it if at all possible. Oh and my mother in law is kind of picky so Golden Corral and places like that might not suit her. Anyone have any suggestions???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area