Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 01:33 PM

246 posts, read 629,335 times

Advertisements

Good luck with the move, the job, and the bar-b-que!
Personally I'm freezing to death and it's 41 degrees out here in
West Plains! I actually have long johns on (put them on to
walk the dogs and left them on). I'm turning into a lightweight,
that I am!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 01:54 PM

321 posts, read 838,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
My favorite BBQ's in the area are Hawg Wild in Aurora...Danna's in Branson West, Branson & Kirbyville...or Two Fat Daddy's now in Branson West.

She tells no lies. They're all great!

Old 03-07-2009, 11:53 AM

3 posts, read 8,110 times
I can't stand Famous Daves. It tastes like store bought BBQ. The same kind of BBQ in NH.

Stay with the Mom & Pop BBQ's, they are the best!

Old 03-09-2009, 12:31 PM

24 posts, read 54,685 times
Well we had this glorious weather here the past few days hi 50's and it melted almost all the snow then today BAM! 6 inches of snow and the temps falling into the 20's again. And it's that nasty wet, heavy snow that plugs up the snowblowers it has to be plowed.

We are down to a week next week is moving week we have the power, phone cable and internet all set.

My wife thinks I am over reacting about tornadoes but she has never seen a big old mid-west twister like I used to see when I was out in Oklahoma. My concern is we are moving into a manufactured home (some would call it a trailer but it's not) it's a big ol double wide but still it's not a wood and block house. Until we get there and I can scout out the surroundings I am not sure what to do about a tornado shelter since there is no basement in this place.

Not that it would matter if you get hit dead on by an strong F3 or an F4 not even a basement is going to save your behind. I don't know how strong or how often SW Missouri gets them but it is a concern of mine.

Last edited by MSD61; 03-09-2009 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: Wording

Old 03-09-2009, 01:24 PM

419 posts, read 1,182,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD61 View Post
My wife thinks I am over reacting about tornadoes but she has never seen a big old mid-west twister like I used to see when I was out in Oklahoma. My concern is we are moving into a manufactured home (some would call it a trailer but it's not) it's a big ol double wide but still it's not a wood and block house. Until we get there and I can scout out the surroundings I am not sure what to do about a tornado shelter since there is no basement in this place.

Not that it would matter if you get hit dead on by an strong F3 or an F4 not even a basement is going to save your behind. I don't know how strong or how often SW Missouri gets them but it is a concern of mine.
Here is a place that builds storm shelters.Precast concrete feed bunks and stock tanks for livestock
I think this bunch is located in Ava - not too far from Spfd. There are several different vendors on the net. I saw this particular company at a farm show and their merchandise looked pretty good.

I think I would try one of these if I didn't have a basement.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:41 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,428,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD61 View Post
That's simply not true. I can tell you from first-hand experience that being in a basement during a strong tornado can and will save your life. Period.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:53 PM

6 posts, read 15,825 times
We get plenty of tornados around here, but I agree that if you have a basement, it will be plenty. If you don't there are plenty of businesses that can build a storm shelter for you.

Now on to the important stuff...BBQ. My personal favorites are Danna's & Jills, in the Branson area. I've yet to try 2 Fat Daddies.

In Springfield it's Buckinghams. I keep saying I'm going to try Crosstown, now I just might have to do it!

Old 03-11-2009, 10:11 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Default Storm Shelters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermouse View Post
Here is a place that builds storm shelters.Precast concrete feed bunks and stock tanks for livestock
I think this bunch is located in Ava - not too far from Spfd. There are several different vendors on the net. I saw this particular company at a farm show and their merchandise looked pretty good.

I think I would try one of these if I didn't have a basement.
I saw a place alongside 65 between Branson & Ozark that had prefab storm shelters...I'll try to remember the name the next time I'm that way!

Old 03-11-2009, 12:49 PM

1,921 posts, read 6,428,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
I saw a place alongside 65 between Branson & Ozark that had prefab storm shelters...I'll try to remember the name the next time I'm that way!

Missouri Storm Shelters?

There's a place in Nixa as well.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:59 AM

24 posts, read 64,434 times
Dude, My wife and I are moving to MO from New Ipswich NH we already bought our hobby farm and looking forward to moving down full time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area