Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 09:33 PM

1 posts, read 2,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_Mom View Post
Hi all!
My husband and I are planning to move to Missouri the middle of next year. Right now we live in PA. We have two kids, ages 6 and 4. We were wondering about school districts. I hear the Branson S.D. is good, but it seems to be growing so fast that I'm wondering if they are able to keep up with the growth (discipline problems?). We've also looked into the Forsyth area. Can anyone tell me anything about that area and its schools? Our goal is to buy a farm, but not when we first move out. We'll just buy a house at first. We like the country and to be outside a lot. Any info is greatly appreciated!!
PA_Mom
Hey there, I currently live in Branson West and have a daughter that is 9years old and attends Reed Springs! I graduated 10 years ago in Branson! In response to the drugs (they are every where) however Branson tends to keep them under wrap pretty good. I originally grew up on a farm in Arkansas and I to love the out doors. Forsysth is a less fortunate area, however branson west has a Super Center Walmart! Real Restaurants! The LAKE! All the comforts of the city but all the feel of the country! The area is nice and homes are at good rates right now! An airport is being put in up the road. If I were you I would definately check this area out before you go and move to forsyth you couldn't pay me enough money to live in that area and that is where the main stream of drugees tend to live! Anyhow, I just thought you should know this area is great and your kids would love the school. Reed Springs school has a wonderful system, they really care about their kids it has all the benefits of a big school and the money aspect but they maintain the feel of a small town school with its personal touch. Check it out it has been rated the #1 school in the state! Good luck with your move!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2007, 10:55 AM

26,411 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Lightbulb Branson is NOT the Midwest

This area of Missouri has a lot of outdoor recreation activities available and caters to the tourist crowd. However, this area is much more similar to northern Arkansas in terms of the culture, people, and speech patterns. The job market in southern Missouri small towns is fairly weak, but it is a good area for retired people to move to.

Old 05-13-2007, 07:25 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,383,163 times
Smile Loving life in the Tri-Lakes Ozarks!

I'm going to agree wholeheartedly with DGubin...and add that you will find what you are looking for in the Branson area, with the exception of a Trader Joe's. (I'm originally from CA...still miss a few things!) I don't think there's an area left that is without drug problems...the solution starts at home.
I will caution you that even though this is one of the friendliest cleanest places in the USA, you still need to be smart about your move. Get several opinions about neighborhoods, get home inspections before you buy, that sort of thing. I love living here...it's like being on vacation every day! (My vote would be to buy as close to the lake as you can!)
We're all here for you...

Old 05-13-2007, 12:31 PM

879 posts, read 2,879,442 times
Hi..we just moved here (via Las Vegas NV and San Fransisco Bay Area) and we love it! We're about 12-15 miles from Branson, 20-23 miles from Springfield. You'll find that there are LOTS of small towns around here that utilize either the Branson or Reed Springs school districts which, we understand, have good schools. (We don't have children, but a good school district is always a good selling point). Drugs are a problem everywhere nowadays...personally believe that strong parenting and zero tolerance city policies can help minimize that issue...drugs were around when I was a teenager (child of the 60's), so it's not new, just more prevalent.

Like most places, jobs are available depending on what you want to do and what skills you have. There are certainly a lot of seasonal jobs due to the area being a tourist area, but with skills and/or a profession jobs seem to be out there to be had...you may have to work a bit harder to get one.

We've been coming out here for about 25 years and have land on the lake out near Golden, MO. (a bit too rural for our tastes). Compared to where we come from housing here is downright inexpensive, but while we were looking we found prices all over the map. You can get an awful lot for quite a bit less by locating a bit away from Branson (in any direction) or the lake.

Last edited by mrschilicook; 05-13-2007 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area