Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 09:53 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post
An old boy told me once that California is full of nothing but homosexuals and wife-swappers.
Well, OB, he must have been REALLY old and deep in the throes of dementia.

Quote:
Is that the kind of new crowd we're getting in the Ozarks? Judging by the kind of moral filth that state exports to our movie and television screens, I tend to believe it.
I dunno. It's not anything we're bringing with us. You can 'fess up here, OB. I won't tell a soul. Is that the kinda thing you've been watchin' on the sly?

Quote:
In another thread, someone bragged that Christian County is the fastest growing county in MO thanks to the influx of west coasters. It would be a shame if Christian county is overtaken by that ilk.
It would decidedly be shame. Why, it might even match that of the 1st Annual Rolla Gay Pride Parade you'll be presiding over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 07:11 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,383,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
The Rolla resident in question, however, appears to post ONLY negative and appears (to me) to lie in wait for some optimistic adventurer to show themselves to pounce on the pixie dust with a fire hose of negativity and sarcasm! I've been around long enough to see other nay-sayers take all the fun out of this kind of discussion before. We've lost some of the most wonderful CD regulars because of one person with an axe to grind and too much time on their hands.

Quote:
An old boy told me once that California is full of nothing but homosexuals and wife-swappers. Is that the kind of new crowd we're getting in the Ozarks? Judging by the kind of moral filth that state exports to our movie and television screens, I tend to believe it.

In another thread, someone bragged that Christian County is the fastest growing county in MO thanks to the influx of west coasters. It would be a shame if Christian county is overtaken by that ilk.
I rest my case.

I've rarely had such a completely satisfying search 'n rescue like with Mr. & Mrs. Curmudgeon. They came, they saw, they conquered. They knew what they were looking for and recognized it when they found it. The house & lovely neighborhood they chose should provide a safe, warm & enjoyable life for the rest of it. And the neighbors will jump for joy with the addition of the aforementioned newcomers! (We'll have to set up a pot luck to introduce you to the oldtimers...)

Happy hour's on me!

Old 08-15-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post

I rest my case.

Boy, howdy!

I've rarely had such a completely satisfying search 'n rescue like with Mr. & Mrs. Curmudgeon. They came, they saw, they conquered. They knew what they were looking for and recognized it when they found it. The house & lovely neighborhood they chose should provide a safe, warm & enjoyable life for the rest of it. And the neighbors will jump for joy with the addition of the aforementioned newcomers! (We'll have to set up a pot luck to introduce you to the oldtimers...)

And we couldn't be more pleased with the results of our veni, vidi, vici. You made it simply work for us for which we're very grateful and admiring.

Happy hour's on me!

Gonna hold ya to that one!

The plane. The plane. Smiles, everyone, smiles! That's what it was all about!

Old 08-15-2009, 09:20 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,656,908 times
Congrats Curm.....
You get to escape Ca. and head for your new home on the lake....
So now that your gone it opens up Cali for another spanish speaking liberal to move in....
We are losing NorCal at quite an alarming rate, and now we get to let 40,000 criminals back into the streets...wonderful...only 2192 days to go till I retire.....and escape

Old 08-15-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
Congrats Curm.....
You get to escape Ca. and head for your new home on the lake....
So now that your gone it opens up Cali for another spanish speaking liberal to move in....
We are losing NorCal at quite an alarming rate, and now we get to let 40,000 criminals back into the streets...wonderful...only 2192 days to go till I retire.....and escape
And best of luck to you and Mrs. CBM! Time fliers when you're having fun so if you ever need a break to experience some normalcy on the lake, we'll have a guest room!

Old 08-15-2009, 10:03 AM

879 posts, read 2,879,442 times
Default Wow....

Quote:
An old boy told me once that California is full of nothing but homosexuals and wife-swappers. Is that the kind of new crowd we're getting in the Ozarks? Judging by the kind of moral filth that state exports to our movie and television screens, I tend to believe it.

Really? REALLY! I was born and raised there and am none of those things...people I knew were hard working, caring, and had good families that have stayed in CA or moved for jobs. I didn't move here from CA but from NV..didn't move here cause any of those states were bad. If a person's position is colored by what "old boys" say, one should go visit the state for goodness sake. Make educated judgements based on fact not lies and rumors. I don't believe that everyone from this area is a hillbilly or ignorant, but posts like this could change someone's mind. Let's put on our brain here..., many of the people here are from the mid-west. I meet more people moving here from Iowa, Illinois, and Kansas than from anywhere else. Throw in Florida, Arizona, and Texas too. Even CA'rs posting here sometimes post pretty negative things about a WHOLE state....I'm the first to admit there are problems, but there are also jobs and there are still lots of US citizens moving to the state for employement, retirement, etc...some are unhappy and move out, but lots and lots of people stay...they love the state, perhaps not the politics, but the state.

Again....do a survey if you must....you will NOT find that everyone is from CA.
I live in a newer area of Christian county and most of my neighbors moved out of SPRINGFIELD! A few from out of state...Florida, Indiana, and one from St. Louis. Sure, there are a few people from CA but so what? I sure would rather have 100 CA'rs move in than even ONE person who believed things like this.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:04 AM

879 posts, read 2,879,442 times
Smile Welcome Curmmie...

Well, glad to have you in the great state of MO....enjoy that lake house.
I'm sure we'll be meeting up again soon.

MrsC

Old 08-15-2009, 11:03 AM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,656,908 times
Quote:
An old boy told me once that California is full of wife-swappers. Is that the kind of new crowd we're getting in the Ozarks? .
You Wish......

Old 08-15-2009, 05:58 PM

809 posts, read 163,462 times
Quote:
Hey LJ: I might look you up in a couple years! Inching closer to retirement and we love the atmosphere of the ENTIRE area.

Shucks, I guess there is no "Eutopia" here on this earth, but in the many visits my wife and I have made, I think you guys are close!

Curmudgeon: You have accomplished what many people dream to do. Retire in a great part of the United States amongst some very caring people. Sounds like you will fit right in. Who knows, maybe soon I can join you guys at the coffee shop!

Last edited by ShadowCaver; 08-15-2009 at 07:00 PM..

Old 08-15-2009, 06:36 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,860,339 times
Quote:

Right because we all know TV gives us an accurate depiction of real life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area