Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 02:31 AM

3 posts, read 9,674 times

Advertisements

BTW, missouri women are capable, loving, gracious and beautiful! Missouri is a great state and holds a lot of weight in the nation, politically, agriculturally and industrially. It would not be that way if not for the women helping make it so! Walt Disney was from Missouri, So was the leader of the the women's suffrage movement, mark twain and Harry Truman a great democratic president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 07:46 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfwitt View Post
I hate to sound sexist nor defend the repulsive behavior of the trainer jerk off dude, but the stereotypical female doesn't handle physically demanding labor the way that a man usually does. the statement of the husband, "Couple nights later she calls me highly upset and crying" says a lot about why the trainer didn't want her working under his authority. If she was or is capable of doing the work that is a separate issue of how she would deal with on the job issues that can be very trying on the psychological stamina, male or female. That person probably didn't want to deal with a woman calling and crying about something that a male would just deal with as a matter of course. That being said, I was born and raised in Carthage MO and love the little town for what it is, even if it is a little back water, it was progressive as far as women's rights and equality goes. Since I moved away in 2000, I live in Florida and like the husband stated, most of the women I have met and date earn more on average than the men. I don't know if it is a change in society, an reflections of my and this man's motivation or earning power, but being college educated hasn't earned me any more than if I were to get a job in construction or sales, but still would be making less than similarly educated women in fields such as health care or education and in other fields that pay more for women than men. I think it is a reflection of employability and attitudes towards being exploited in the work place. Employers seem to want someone in their employ that will subjugate themselves to the demands of the employer regardless of ethics, morallity or legality. Let's face it, a woman is less likely to stand up to the boss if she thinks he/she is breaking the law, forcing unethical behavior or treating them unfairly in relation to other workers where in a man can be intimidating simply because we are considered more of a physical threat to the employer. We are stronger willed than the female in these matters and they simply don't want boat rockers around as a function of keeping the status quo no matter how unfair or illegal they run their business. Not that women won't stand up for themselves, but they typically have more stable temperaments, are more often than not single with children and more pressured to keep their jobs so they don't make waves. A man has his ego to contend with and that is a source of frustration to the employer willing to lay more work on anyone that is meek or humbled. I moved away from the area because I couldn't find suitable women in my age group. Living in Florida people in general are more body minded, keeping themselves more fit and finished, where in the midwest, the cold weather keeps you under wraps most of the year and the weight can remain covered. I have always prided myself on having a healthy physique and keeping my weight under control. I simply didn't find that behavior or attitude among the women in the area. some, but they were typically married already, (usually to jerks like this trainer guy) That was another fault, judgementalism in women towards men. I find it here in Florida as well. Women seem to think that men are stupid and penis-centric. We want companionship and of course sex, but the pleasure of being with someone for who they are is better than sex with 72 virgins anyday. Point is they would not give me the time of day because they had pre=conceived notions of what I was out for or maybe what they were out for isn't what I had, like fancy car, big house and jewelry to offer. Every time I gave a piece of jewelry to a woman she broke up with me regardless of how expensive. Go figure?
AS far as the women in the military thing goes, I agree with molly, men feel innately that they are to protect the woman. This isn't compatible with effective fighting technique because in the field of battle each soldier has to be relied upon to defend himself and take up arms to defend his brother in battle. Seems contradictory, but its like when a guy and girl at the bar get in an argument, the girl has every single guy in the place ready to kick her boyfriend's but, but do the girls come to the defense of the boyfriend? no, they side witht the girl, no matter who was in the wrong.
Women should not fight in battle with men. that is my belief, but I also think that men should not fight either. But I also believe in God, the family is the core structure of society, that men should be the head of the household, be sole breadwinners and women should nurture the young, old and sick. But our society doesn't function like that anymore because the elite classes want us all working to enrich their lives regardless of how little life we are allowed to live. Take for example the healthcare debate, it is common sense that a healthy workforce is more productive, but the ruling classes don't want to release any profit to afford everyone simple healthcare provisions. Productivity is increasing each year, but wages have effectively been reduced year after year. Why? profits for the ruling class. in 1980, 8% of the nations wealth was held by 1% of the upper class, now in 2009, the same 1% hold 23% of the nations wealth. during that time, 29 years the republican empowered by the wealthy have ruled 20 year compared to 8 years for democrats (Clinton era- remember the prosperity of those years, everybody got some of the pie.) Republican have been the lapdogs of the wealthy for the history of the party. Hoover, like Bush II created the economic imbalance that caused the great depression and now the second great recession soon to be depression. Democrats have been mislabeled the tax and spend party, but they are simply having to clean up the messes created by republican predecessors.
Oh yeah women. Women have made great strides politically during the democratic years compared to republican years as well.
Women are our equals in value and capability, but there is a reason that there are so few women pursuing careers in sciences and engineering. Same as men not pursuing healthcare and education. it has to do with temperament and willingness and functional suitability for the tasks at hand. Not that we can't trade places, equal capabilities as I said, but suitability is key. Women has the blessing of creating new life within their bodies, and with that the God given temperament to nurture and sustain that new life, patience, loving tenderness, willingness to sacrifice and hospitality. Men sacrifice different things, men suffer differently to sustain the household and that new life as protectors and defenders. It is God's will these things be so, and my observation, not how I choose it to be just how it is. doesn't mean that women cant do what ever they choose in their life, but no matter how much I want it, I cannot make a baby inside of me as a man. God bless you all!
Wow, please tell us how you really feel, lol I may not totally agree with your perspective, but I applaud you and the fact that you have done serious introspection and analysis.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:47 AM

51 posts, read 225,514 times
Default Segue ...

Nice, albeit "completely off-topic" quasi-shameless, segue ...

Originally Posted by halfwitt

" ... But our society doesn't function like that anymore because the elite classes want us all working to enrich their lives regardless of how little life we are allowed to live. Take for example the healthcare debate, it is common sense that a healthy workforce is more productive, but the ruling classes don't want to release any profit to afford everyone simple healthcare provisions. Productivity is increasing each year, but wages have effectively been reduced year after year. Why? profits for the ruling class. in 1980, 8% of the nations wealth was held by 1% of the upper class, now in 2009, the same 1% hold 23% of the nations wealth. during that time, 29 years the republican empowered by the wealthy have ruled 20 year compared to 8 years for democrats (Clinton era- remember the prosperity of those years, everybody got some of the pie.) Republican have been the lapdogs of the wealthy for the history of the party. Hoover, like Bush II created the economic imbalance that caused the great depression and now the second great recession soon to be depression. Democrats have been mislabeled the tax and spend party, but they are simply having to clean up the messes created by republican predecessors."

Originally Posted by halfwitt

"... Let the ruling classes tremble at a communist revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Workingmen of all countries, unite!" Karl Marx

"Capital is dead labor, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living labor, and lives the more, the more labor it sucks."
Karl Marx

" ... The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas, i.e., the class which is the ruling material force of society, is at the same time its ruling intellectual force." Karl Marx

"From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs." Karl Marx

... looking forward to November, 2010 Comrade ...

Enough said in response to quoted political opinion(s) Posted by halfwitt ... Now, back on topic ...

Women should enjoy all the rights and privelidges that men enjoy.
Men should respect equality of women and their points-of-view ...

Last edited by Zoltani; 10-17-2009 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: Attribution

Old 10-17-2009, 05:29 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,385,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfwitt View Post
BTW, missouri women are capable, loving, gracious and beautiful! Missouri is a great state and holds a lot of weight in the nation, politically, agriculturally and industrially. It would not be that way if not for the women helping make it so! Walt Disney was from Missouri, So was the leader of the the women's suffrage movement, mark twain and Harry Truman a great democratic president.
Harry Truman was intent on defeating the Marixism you support.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:30 AM

Women should enjoy all the rights and privelidges that men enjoy.
Men should respect equality of women and their points-of-view ...[/quote]

I'll agree wholeheartedly with this part of your post.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:47 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
that post was a complete non-sequitor!

Old 10-22-2009, 01:04 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
that post was a complete non-sequitor!
Careful now, kshe95girl. Usin' them big, confusin' furin words might hornswoggle them that quotes from a script! Likely they caint follow 'em.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:06 PM

Here's a link about women in Missouri that's kinda interesting.

Newsletter -Women's History 2008: Fun Facts about Missouri Women

Old 01-29-2011, 08:03 PM

3 posts, read 5,761 times
Are u kidding us? Many people lack culture that have never been out of the area? and Branson is normal???? WOW! At least the tourists are!!! Thats crazy! Branson is a rat race and playground for people who want to throw their money away! I was born there and glad I left!!!! Its not normal and you make some harsh statements regarding women in Missouri-nothing different here than other states.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:48 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitargal!1 View Post
Are u kidding us? Many people lack culture that have never been out of the area? and Branson is normal???? WOW! At least the tourists are!!! Thats crazy! Branson is a rat race and playground for people who want to throw their money away! I was born there and glad I left!!!! Its not normal and you make some harsh statements regarding women in Missouri-nothing different here than other states.
I'm sorry, you failed to make a point about......what, exactly?
Oh, wat?
A one post wonder, really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area