Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2010, 01:35 PM

15 posts, read 47,416 times

Advertisements

Hi there!

We are relocating to this area, as I have procured a teaching position in Theodosia to begin in August.

So far, we have had a relatively difficult time finding a home to rent, due mostly to the lack of sources which post such things for that area (newspapers, websites, etc.)

We are a family of three with two lovable pooches, seeking a 3-bedroom (or 2-bedroom with office) home within 30 minutes drive to Theodosia. We come with PERFECT rental payment history, references, and great credit. We are more than willing to pay a pet deposit.

We will make GREAT renters! ANY help is appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 06:09 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Default Moving to Theodosia...

I think my suggestion would be to get on the phone, ask the people who are hiring you, find a local real estate agent, call the local resorts...it's too small and rural of an area to really have a centralized online resource.

You might also try the Cedar Creek area, that's a pretty neat community...call Yarnell's or the fire station.

Just asking around should get you there. I'll ask my friends who they know...

More soon...gotta run!

~Lake Junkie

Old 06-08-2010, 08:40 AM

321 posts, read 838,378 times
As Lake Junkie eluded to, and as you now know, it can be quite a difficult task to find rental properties in that area. My first suggestion would be to find and call an established realtor in the area that can help you with that. If that's not your cup of tea then perhaps traveling to the area and talking with locals to see if they can point you in some kind of direction. And if all else fails, you can always do what I have done in the past, start driving around looking for them on your own. It's not the easiest, but sometimes that's when you find the one best suited for your needs. Good luck.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:33 PM

15 posts, read 47,416 times
Thank you both so much for your reply and information! This is definitely a difficult process, as rural folk aren't as apt to post homes for rent on the Internet, etc.

We've hit the local real estate agents...so far, no luck there. I think what we are doing next is literally posting flyers and placing ads in the local paper.

Anyone know of a local or regional radio station that has a "trading post" type of program?

If anyone hears anything, let me know!

Thanks again!

Old 06-14-2010, 06:31 AM

321 posts, read 838,378 times
I don't know if they still do, but back when I was a kid growing up my grandfather would always listen to 105.5 KPFM, and they had something like that. You might call and check with them.

KPFM 105.5 FM

Old 06-15-2010, 05:40 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
The local Branson stations have that kind of program...look at Hometown Daily News - KRZK Radio. That will cover the western end of the area you're describing.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:57 AM

309 posts, read 1,210,576 times
Greetings,
There is many homes and apartments that just hang out a sign posted for rent. You will have to drive around the area and see what suits you. Knock on a door and ask somebody if they know of a place to rent. Somebody always knows somebody who knows somebody.. There are many places that sell on contract with 10-20 % down.
I wouldn't waste any monies posting your ads.
Be Blessed

Old 08-04-2010, 04:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,674 times
I am also looking to relocate to Theodosia and not having much luck if you find anything please let me know too. Thanks, In Love and Light
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area