Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 06:40 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CellarBelle View Post
Just able to get online and check the score - AWESOME! Should've been watching the Blues instead of partying it up - watching a 2-0 win doesn't have the same ramifications as a little too much fun and celebrating!
-sigh- another thing i miss not being in Mo, cant even get the games here in slocala
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 06:57 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,060,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CellarBelle View Post
Just able to get online and check the score - AWESOME! Should've been watching the Blues instead of partying it up - watching a 2-0 win doesn't have the same ramifications as a little too much fun and celebrating!
Saw the last half of the 1st period and then the 2nd period, as sitting in pizza joint enjoying StL style pie. Was quite scary a few times [the play on the TV, not the pizza, it was great! ], and imagine a few of the other patrons there were wondering what kind of deranged fool was allowed to semi-sit there, bopping about in his seat, muttering this and that... Heard the rest of the game as completed the drive to the riverfront, and sat in the shadows of the arch on the levee. Was amazed the Red Thangs didn't score any, but was very happy watching much of our boys' play - very good. Cool - we are now 3-2 against the dreaded evil team, and [I believe?] that we've given them two shut outs this year!

Old 01-01-2008, 07:07 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,833,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
-sigh- another thing i miss not being in Mo, cant even get the games here in slocala
It was on Versus, which isn't regional.

I wasn't home to see it.

Old 01-01-2008, 11:13 PM

215 posts, read 712,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Saw the last half of the 1st period and then the 2nd period, as sitting in pizza joint enjoying StL style pie. Was quite scary a few times [the play on the TV, not the pizza, it was great! ], and imagine a few of the other patrons there were wondering what kind of deranged fool was allowed to semi-sit there, bopping about in his seat, muttering this and that... Heard the rest of the game as completed the drive to the riverfront, and sat in the shadows of the arch on the levee. Was amazed the Red Thangs didn't score any, but was very happy watching much of our boys' play - very good. Cool - we are now 3-2 against the dreaded evil team, and [I believe?] that we've given them two shut outs this year!
Actually that is the first shutout we gave them this year. Hopefully we can do it again the next time too!

You made me LOL calling them the dreaded evil team!
That is how I look at them too!

Anyone that can't watch the blues locally since you live out of FSN Midwest area should get NHL Center Ice package from your cable or sat provider. I live in Nashville now and I get to see almost every Blues game the whole season, even those that aren't on FSN Midwest and KPLR-11 (For instance, tomorrow's night game against Edmonton is not on local TV, but is on NHL Center Ice).

Sometimes people ask me if I will ever support the Predators or the Titans here in Nashville. I tell them that it is impossible! I was bred and raised to be a St. Louis fan for life!

Old 01-02-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
It was on Versus, which isn't regional.

I wasn't home to see it.
We have Directv out here in the boonies, no Versus channel

Old 01-02-2008, 10:08 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,060,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
We have Directv out here in the boonies, no Versus channel
lol,,, boonies? Sheeeet,,, you have Direct TV? Girl, that ain't boonie living - try having pair of rabbit ears, feeding a 32" box!

Anyhow, here is hoping that Legace's head injury is not serious. And that we can get a win at home... soon!

Old 01-02-2008, 10:13 PM

215 posts, read 712,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
lol,,, boonies? Sheeeet,,, you have Direct TV? Girl, that ain't boonie living - try having pair of rabbit ears, feeding a 32" box!

Anyhow, here is hoping that Legace's head injury is not serious. And that we can get a win at home... soon!
No kidding. I had an awful feeling after Walker got the penalty in OT.
We had a couple of really good opportunities in OT too.

KSHE-95 check to see if you get channel 603 on Directv. That is versus.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by storey13 View Post
No kidding. I had an awful feeling after Walker got the penalty in OT.
We had a couple of really good opportunities in OT too.

KSHE-95 check to see if you get channel 603 on Directv. That is versus.
story, you are an angel!!!! I am wiping the egg off my face as I type

Old 01-08-2008, 09:29 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,575,909 times
Talking Go Blues

and these lovely things went right where they belonged '6' times!!!....Final 6 to 1!!!!Yippee

Old 01-08-2008, 10:23 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,833,209 times
Great game! Unfortunately an apparently much more important Mizzou basketball game was on FSN, so the Blues game was not televised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis