Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 02:42 PM

21 posts, read 21,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll0OoO0ll View Post
I mean, Frankly speaking if you are looking for an Indian dominated apartment complex, chances are, you will not get great reviews. I personally have no problem with it but some folks find it hard to adjust to Indian cooking style that leaves A LOT of aroma when frying onions with strong spices three times a day. Those fumes effect the entire building and sometimes even trigger a long lasting dog bark from your Neighbour's apartment.
Indian food is very strong in terms of those spices and yes that smell lingers, it can never truly go away. They might have to call the Hazmath crews to clean up that place later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 03:37 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,602,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatoehead View Post
Why do you Indian people want to come here, live in the US, enjoy the security and comforts this nation has to give but only want to send your kids to schools that have a predominant number of Indian kids? Why do you want to live only among other Indians, why not socialize with your fellow Americans who come from all parts of the world.

Before anyone tries to correct me here, I am Indian myself. look a 100% Indian, speak Telugu, Hindi, Tamil yet I don't restrict myself to making friends with the above mentioned linguistic groups only. I fail to understand this exclusive mentality of Indians they carry over to a multicultural hotpot like the US. If you don't want to live around non Indians, why not just stay back in India?
I'm sure they will find plenty of non-Indian Americans to socialize with, even in West County. There's nothing wrong with seeking the comforts of home in a foreign land, it's a long tradition both in St. Louis and everywhere else in the world.

Old 03-31-2017, 11:17 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatoehead View Post
Why do you Indian people want to come here, live in the US, enjoy the security and comforts this nation has to give but only want to send your kids to schools that have a predominant number of Indian kids? Why do you want to live only among other Indians, why not socialize with your fellow Americans who come from all parts of the world.

Before anyone tries to correct me here, I am Indian myself. look a 100% Indian, speak Telugu, Hindi, Tamil yet I don't restrict myself to making friends with the above mentioned linguistic groups only. I fail to understand this exclusive mentality of Indians they carry over to a multicultural hotpot like the US. If you don't want to live around non Indians, why not just stay back in India?
In theory it could be true and may look good but in reality, it's not as simple as you may seem to make it look.

First, it's the nature of humans and animals. Have you heard the term "Birds of a feather flock together"?

Second, you are trying to act a little cocky. But if you look in your personal social life, I pretty much doubt if you are friends with a white or black person as casual as you would have an Indian friend.

Do you regularly visit (every other weekend or so) to a white or black or Spanish friend's home with your family and kids, or if they visit you? Probably not. You know why? Not because you want it but because they don't want you. And rightly so, you don't fit in.

Yes, there are some inter-racial marriage scenarios but those are exceptional cases. Not every white girl loves the 24/7 smell of "pakora".

And those who look for "great schools" are actually the ones ready to pay higher taxes. This is a free choice based scenario, a concept that you may not understand? Everyone wants to send their kids to good schools but not everyone can afford to or ready to pay the price.

You are free to prove me wrong by taking a few practical steps. Move to East St. Louis and send your kids to those schools in the name of diversity.

Also, read a few articles about how African students in India are being attacked in the recent times.

Old 04-02-2017, 11:16 AM

1,400 posts, read 863,754 times
It's great that you want to make friends with people that are different than you, but please don't send your kids to ESTL just to prove that you are not racist. I would hope that all the people coming here are willing to assimilate and at the very least accept the fundamental ideas and principles that our great country was founded upon. It sounds like you are making an effort and I applaud you for encouraging others to do the same.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 04-04-2017 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: The post you replied to was deleted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis