Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 01:54 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,605,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
I agree. It seems you are hearing new stories all the time about how an armed citizen saved someone's life. Some will disagree, but I can guarantee you in a SHTF situation, they will be praying to God for a good guy with a gun to save their sorry self.
If I'm ever being mugged, I pray to God a good guy with a gun isn't around to spray bullets in my direction.

Old 01-14-2017, 03:11 PM

1,400 posts, read 864,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
If I'm ever being mugged, I pray to God a good guy with a gun isn't around to spray bullets in my direction.
If you happened to catch a round chances are it wouldn't be lethal, just a flesh wound. What you don't want is the suspect to get away free and continue to victimize others. In other words, you'd be taking one for the team. A small sacrifice when you think about it.

Old 01-14-2017, 03:40 PM

902 posts, read 864,039 times
Quote:
You'd rather have the bad guy spraying bullets in your direction??? Hopefully you affirmations of allegiance to your make believe deity of choice aren't answered with a death sentence. Criminals love them some sheep. Num num num!

Old 01-14-2017, 04:56 PM

1,767 posts, read 1,744,492 times
Quote:
This forum has a history of one-day troll accounts.
For what purpose? Why would someone make this up...again for what purpose? If it's fabricated then I say be careful what you wish for- there have been people in STL shot for a lot less.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:28 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,605,245 times
Quote:
If you happened to catch a round chances are it wouldn't be lethal, just a flesh wound. What you don't want is the suspect to get away free and continue to victimize others. In other words, you'd be taking one for the team. A small sacrifice when you think about it.
Guns are just a way to escalate property crimes into medical emergencies. But if somebody approaches you on the street and jams a gun in your ribs, you're welcome to try to outdraw him. Personally I think, if you absolutely must resist, you'd be better off with karate.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Guns are just a way to escalate property crimes into medical emergencies. But if somebody approaches you on the street and jams a gun in your ribs, you're welcome to try to outdraw him. Personally I think, if you absolutely must resist, you'd be better off with karate.
Armed robbery is not classified as a property crime. If you were properly trained and proficient, then you would realize a gun is a tool. It is a tool that you may or may not use. It depends on the situation. But if you are armed, atleast you have an option. God forbid an event like San Bernardino happens again, but if it does, you will want some rounds flying in the right direction. That, I can guarantee you.

Old 01-15-2017, 01:42 AM

1,370 posts, read 1,071,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneslip View Post
For what purpose? Why would someone make this up...again for what purpose? If it's fabricated then I say be careful what you wish for- there have been people in STL shot for a lot less.
Because they're mentally unstable? This is clearly the same poster making new accounts over and over. The posts always follow the same format. It's ridiculously transparent.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:42 AM

685 posts, read 768,904 times
Quote:
But if you are armed, atleast you have an option.
No. Except for limited circumstances, you do not have options, even if you are carrying. That's a false narrative, usually given by folks who have never been robbed or confronted.

Criminals have the element of surprise. Any seasoned criminal will plug their victim before any reaction could be made. Go ahead, resist. Their finger is already on the trigger.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisingAurvandil View Post
No. Except for limited circumstances, you do not have options, even if you are carrying. That's a false narrative, usually given by folks who have never been robbed or confronted.

Criminals have the element of surprise. Any seasoned criminal will plug their victim before any reaction could be made. Go ahead, resist. Their finger is already on the trigger.
Like I said a gun is simply a tool. The tool may or may not be appropriate for the job at hand. I don't know why that is so hard to understand. Do you want more tools at your disposal in an emergency situation or do you want less? Seasoned criminals also know to look for soft targets, not that these robbers are professionals. They are opportunists looking for a weak target. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that most folks that have money in the city are big time liberals, scared of guns and probably never even handled one. What better target than an unarmed person with money that is scared of guns? I really don't care if you carry or not, it sounds like you probably shouldn't. It is a personal choice.

Old 01-15-2017, 09:24 AM
tlw

98 posts, read 433,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL2006 View Post
Because they're mentally unstable? This is clearly the same poster making new accounts over and over. The posts always follow the same format. It's ridiculously transparent.
You're right STL2006.

I think the guy has hand puppets on each hand and just asks and answers his own posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: