Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 11:35 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,895,906 times

Advertisements

Clayton is not a very big place, nice skyline, but only about 10k actually live there if I remember correctly.

I would say Kirkwood if I had to choose, but like others have said, don't overlook south city or CWE, that's where I would live if I didn't have kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 04:16 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,399,243 times
Town and Country is another nice suburb you might want to look at. However, keep in mind it is one of the more expensive ones. Clayton, Ladue, Frontenac, and Town and Country are likely going to be the most expensive suburbs outside of the city.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:35 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,290,068 times
I've never understood the higher prices in many of the STL areas of the city. I mean lets face it, a driveway that isn't big enough to back a 28 foot trailer into or there isn't even a driveway at all (that's just plain dumb!) , why is these places so over priced? Parking on a busy street is not a good lifestyle. Why would I not want to live in the city? Because saying bless you to your neighbor when they sneeze and you are both in your homes is too close together!

Old 01-09-2009, 08:43 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,632,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
I've never understood the higher prices in many of the STL areas of the city. I mean lets face it, a driveway that isn't big enough to back a 28 foot trailer into or there isn't even a driveway at all (that's just plain dumb!) , why is these places so over priced? Parking on a busy street is not a good lifestyle. Why would I not want to live in the city? Because saying bless you to your neighbor when they sneeze and you are both in your homes is too close together!
Turns out I don't have that much use for a drive way that I can park a 28-foot trailer into! I'll readily exchange such a "luxury" for a walkable vibrant neighborhood with restaurants, parks, shopping and bars within walking distance.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:38 AM

711 posts, read 2,108,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Turns out I don't have that much use for a drive way that I can park a 28-foot trailer into! I'll readily exchange such a "luxury" for a walkable vibrant neighborhood with restaurants, parks, shopping and bars within walking distance.
Amen. What a ridiculous post. Yep, I need a yard IN THE CITY to hold my 28 foot trailer and my horses.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:06 AM

The largest thing I would ever need to house in my city driveway would be one of those little pop-up campers. I have seen many a city back yard that would hold such an item, or worst comes to worst you rent a space somewhere for what? less than $50 a month. It's not something I would need access to everyday... only the occasional weekend.

In reality I can't think of many suburban areas that one could house such an item either. Even if you have your standard two-car garage driveway, any decent, well run HOA will outlaw boats, RVs and the like being parked right out front!

Old 01-09-2009, 11:41 PM

In reality I can't think of many suburban areas that one could house such an item either. Even if you have your standard two-car garage driveway, any decent, well run HOA will outlaw boats, RVs and the like being parked right out front![/quote]

Guess the Constitution doesn't mean anything to you? The part about Property rights when you own the property? 99% of HOA's are in fact a violation of the Constitution. If I ever bought a home in a subdivision that had a HOA that said they could control what I have on MY PROPERTY, I would be gald to take them to court (as I did with one already and won) and prove they are overstepping the limits. A HOA is in most cases nothing more than a noisy neighbor gossip society.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:27 PM

711 posts, read 2,108,395 times
Quote:
In reality I can't think of many suburban areas that one could house such an item either. Even if you have your standard two-car garage driveway, any decent, well run HOA will outlaw boats, RVs and the like being parked right out front!

Guess the Constitution doesn't mean anything to you? The part about Property rights when you own the property? 99% of HOA's are in fact a violation of the Constitution. If I ever bought a home in a subdivision that had a HOA that said they could control what I have on MY PROPERTY, I would be gald to take them to court (as I did with one already and won) and prove they are overstepping the limits. A HOA is in most cases nothing more than a noisy neighbor gossip society.[/quote]

Maybe you should consider being a good neighbor. I personally appreciate standards that cities put in to place, like not being able to park a huge RV in the road. It looks trashy and is just too big for cars to pass in both directions. If you live in an urban area and have to have an RV, pay for storage.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJohnston_STL View Post

Maybe you should consider being a good neighbor. I personally appreciate standards that cities put in to place, like not being able to park a huge RV in the road. It looks trashy and is just too big for cars to pass in both directions. If you live in an urban area and have to have an RV, pay for storage.

I am a good neighbor. But I do not seee the point in paying extra for living somewhere that doesn't even have a driveway. And parking in an alley is nuts. As for an RV, I don't have one and don't want one, but if I have a neighbor that wants one, why should it bother me? They are the one paying for it, not me. I also hear some people moan and groan over someone's older vehicle that might not be the best painted or even has different color , say doors, or fenders. Why should I care what color combo it is? I'm not the one driving it and paying for it. Besides, any old American made car in any condition is far better looking than any new import!

Old 01-12-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Why should I care what color combo it is? I'm not the one driving it and paying for it.
Because it affects the value of your property. Trashy cars, big RVs and poorly cared for grass negatively impacts the price people will pay for your home.

Quote:
Besides, any old American made car in any condition is far better looking than any new import!
Congratulations, that is the stupidest thing I've read today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis