Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 04:04 PM

253 posts, read 794,918 times

Advertisements

i'm interested in St. Louis College of Pharmacy and i would like to know what the area/weather/people are like or anything else i should know. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 05:58 PM

4 posts, read 15,918 times
Default Links

Mintleif, check out the links he provided, they will answer a lot of the questions you asked. New people come to the forum every week asking similar questions and sometimes it's easier to check historical posts that have similar content.

Old 02-26-2010, 06:15 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,057,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintleif View Post
i'm interested in St. Louis College of Pharmacy and i would like to know what the area/weather/people are like or anything else i should know. thanks
Besides checking out the links and info, which is a very good thing to do,,, let us ask you: what do you like, what kind of areas, people, styles, etc? That is a very good school - a good friend graduated from there; tough but fair. And the area immediately surrounding is fairly cool, eclectic, fun, and upbeat. You have Forest Park, Science Center, a lot of awesome architecture, stores, and the such fairly close too - along with access to US40 to get you quickly to other areas, along w/ the metrolink too.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:04 AM

1,912 posts, read 4,687,644 times
STLCOP is pretty much right in one of the best areas in St Louis. (Central West End). I have a friend that went there. The program is small; it's not your typical college experience. The surroundings are great, lots of restaurants, bars, shops, a MetroLink stop, and Forest Park. It's a very popular place for the young professional/grad student crowd. The weather isn't too bad. We get all 4 seasons here

Old 02-27-2010, 10:20 PM

4,363 posts, read 4,560,739 times
St Louis is a lot like a famous movie actress from the Golden Age of Hollywood. She's seen a lot of history; she's lived through good times and hard times alike. Through it all, she has remained resilient. People talk respectfully about her wonderful achievements and her contributions to our culture. It's true that her pace has slowed over the years. But she's still going strong and is quite active. She even makes occasional headlines, although not always the grand publicity she once attracted. Over the years, she's had a few facelifts. But in a close-up shot, there are fine lines in her face which reveal the depth and complexity of her character. She's truly an amazing lady, and America is all the richer because of her.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:46 AM

1,563 posts, read 3,872,047 times
Do you like city living? If so, I would go in a heart beat. The Central West End is a great place to live. Forest Park is basically your front yard. Within Forest Park is the zoo, two museums, The Muny, Jewel Box and various other buildings from 1904. The CWE itself is full of shops, restaurants, bars and you have a metrolink stop nearby.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:06 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,004,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1greatcity View Post
St Louis is a lot like a famous movie actress from the Golden Age of Hollywood. She's seen a lot of history; she's lived through good times and hard times alike. Through it all, she has remained resilient. People talk respectfully about her wonderful achievements and her contributions to our culture. It's true that her pace has slowed over the years. But she's still going strong and is quite active. She even makes occasional headlines, although not always the grand publicity she once attracted. Over the years, she's had a few facelifts. But in a close-up shot, there are fine lines in her face which reveal the depth and complexity of her character. She's truly an amazing lady, and America is all the richer because of her.
Norma Desmond comes to mind.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:08 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,057,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
Funny - to your perspective, yea, that would be fitting...

Especially since you pine so hardy for fake CA lifestyle.

But, if I had to pick one that could fit that mold, would be:
Lana Turner - Beautiful Classic Actresses of the 1920s 1930s 1940s 1950s

Old 02-28-2010, 03:54 PM

1,563 posts, read 3,872,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
or in your case, Walter Matthau via Grumpy Old Men
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: