Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is St. Louis boring?
YES 23 26.74%
NO 63 73.26%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 07:16 PM

325 posts, read 851,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
I suppose if I were into stalking game and shooting it (especially in a liquored-up condition),teasing pitbull terriers or souping up an old Chevy and racing it, I would find Saint Louis exciting
LMAO!! Where are these people?! I have never heard of any of these things where I live or any of the other neighborhoods I have lived in. Perhaps you should clarify that you're talking about LAKE St. Louis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 07:26 PM

1,912 posts, read 4,688,883 times
Haha. I know people that are into drunk hunting and souping up Chevys. Can I just say that I was not surprised to find they're all from St Charles County? :-x

Old 03-29-2010, 07:26 PM

787 posts, read 1,414,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktCakes View Post
LMAO!! Where are these people?! I have never heard of any of these things where I live or any of the other neighborhoods I have lived in. Perhaps you should clarify that you're talking about LAKE St. Louis.

Yes, DP's comments are much more appropo to St. Charles County.

inahandbasket

Old 03-29-2010, 07:27 PM

1,783 posts, read 3,888,122 times
Quote:
Exciting is a bit different.

I would say any recreational activity with the chance of death if you screw would be a pretty accurate description of "exciting".

I suppose if I were into stalking game and shooting it (especially in a liquored-up condition),teasing pitbull terriers or souping up an old Chevy and racing it, I would find Saint Louis exciting
Or if you would put some effort into discovering the city's rich cultural offerings instead of pouting over in Lake St. Charles....you might find St. Louis exciting as well.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:40 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoxing View Post
Or if you would put some effort into discovering the city's rich cultural offerings instead of pouting over in Lake St. Charles....you might find St. Louis exciting as well.
Lake St. Charles is in Louisiana, dude.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:40 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,008,662 times
First of all I am talking about exciting vs. boring. I never said said st. Louis was a boring city, since I have always found thing to do.

Second, Lake St. Charles is in Louisiana. I have a home in Lake Saint Louis. That's in Missouri. The lake activities are fun and entertaining, but not really exciting.

Third, I've been living in Newport Beach for the last month. Doing a little blue water sailing and some surf kayaking. Having a grey whale breech right next to you is exciting (the whales or in their Northern Migration right now). Yacht racing in 30 mph wind is exciting.

Please tell me the exciting things I can do in Saint Louis. I love museums and Saint Louis has plenty of great ones, but museums do not fall under my definition of exciting

Old 03-29-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inahandbasket View Post
Yes, DP's comments are much more appropo to St. Charles County.

inahandbasket

...and Saint Louis City/County is a such a bastion of high culture

Old 03-29-2010, 07:43 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,871 times
Quote:

Please tell me the exciting things I can do in Saint Louis. I love museums and Saint Louis has plenty of great ones, but museums do not fall under my definition of exciting
The fastest game in town (truth be told, we play a beer-pong variant of this in Creve Coeur, it's fun!):

Old 03-29-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
The fastest game in town (truth be told, we play a beer-pong variant of this in Creve Coeur, it's fun!):
Does jack-lighting rats at the earth city dump count has exciting?

Old 03-29-2010, 07:49 PM

1,912 posts, read 4,688,883 times
I don't really like most things that fall into your definition of exciting, but here's something that might:

Rock climbing. I used to have a membership at Upper Limits Rock Gym. I love that stuff. I haven't done outdoor climbing in a few years, but I still go to the gym semi-frequently, although I don't have the membership thing anymore.

Yes, I know lots of cities have these type of gyms, but I still find it exciting and fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis