Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2010, 03:36 PM

19 posts, read 37,058 times

Advertisements

We just moved to Clayton this year and don't really know anyone here so thought I'd ask for your recommendations on a good hair salon. Anywhere in Clayton or nearby area would be fine as long as the price is reasonable. I recently tried David's in Clayton and spent more than $70.00 for a haircut and for that price, I was not really satisfied. Before moving here, we lived in a rural area where one can get a nice haircut for $25.00 or less. I'm Asian with fine hair that tends to flip out once it has grown longer than chin-length. Will appreciate your feedback!

P.S. I did a search for this topic and found a few threads but most of them were old so thought I'd ask again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 11:52 PM

7 posts, read 18,357 times
All of the Clayton businesses cater to an affluent crowd, so I can't imagine that you'll find a haircut in Clayton for much less than $70. I have a hairdresser that I love, Shawn Williams. He used to work in Clayton at Face & Body, then moved to Mitchell Jams salon (by the Galleria) before opening his own place - Shawn Williams Salon. It's located in Clayton (or maybe Richmond Heights) off Clayton Road just east of Brentwood (the intersection of the Galleria).

You can reach Shawn at 314-482-4665. Tell him Karen Goodman gave you his name.

If you want something close by that is a lot less expensive, I used to go to Jacquie Karen & Co in Brentwood. It's just south of Hwy 64 on Brentwood. It's a mother-daughter biz. Karen is middle-aged and Jacquie is her mother. I used to go to Karen and I think the haircuts were $10 or $12. She did a good job and it sounds like you just need a simple haircut but fairly often. Their number is
314-962-8840.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:44 AM

Thanks so much Karen!

Old 05-19-2010, 12:19 PM

1,521 posts, read 3,599,177 times
$25 for a woman's haircut? Sheesh, that's Great Clips pricing.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:58 AM

132 posts, read 389,671 times
Fairly close to your area is Bouffant Daddy in Maplewood on Manchester Road. Their number is 647-6800. They specialize in curly hair, but I have fine hair and am very pleased with them. It's a trendy, unique salon with a boutique and hip younger stylists. Ask to book with Erin or Billy. Prices vary per stylist, but I would guess haircuts fall in the $25-40 range (I always get more than just a cut, which is why I don't know).

Old 05-20-2010, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorlander View Post
$25 for a woman's haircut? Sheesh, that's Great Clips pricing.
I'm really out of touch here. I thought Great Clips would even be cheaper! Anyway, I would not have minded paying the $70 if the haircut was really great but for the price, it was just blah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis