Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 10:39 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,802,882 times

Advertisements

My product I'm taking says 1 cap 3 times daily with a meal. That's what I'm doing. I'm doing all I feel right to keep walking and no surgery. You can take one with each meal probably...why not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 11:04 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,305,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
I am glad to have found this topic, because I just got on the forum to ask this very question about turmeric/curcumin and how many capsules should I take each day? I've been taking it fairly regularly for a while and I am not sure if it's really helping, but I think it is. For pain and inflammation of my leg. That being said, the bottle says to take 1 a day but daily recommended dosage is not verified. So I guess that means I can take two. ? Well, anyway, putting it in food sounds good, too. And I like your options above. I haven't looked for turmeric root in the store, but I wonder about the powdered spice itself, if that works.
You can use the spice, but if you do want the root, some stores have it next to the ginger root in the produce section. Not all stores will have it.

Old 04-29-2018, 09:39 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,266,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
You can use the spice, but if you do want the root, some stores have it next to the ginger root in the produce section. Not all stores will have it.
Well, I ordered curcumin turmeric complex from Sam's Club (Maker's Mark), hoping it does the job. 500 mg. It was missing the black pepper which some other brands have, but they are more expensive. I just hope it does as good a job as the one with the bioperine (black pepper type thing?) But I'll see.

Old 04-29-2018, 09:56 PM

48,580 posts, read 34,966,648 times
Quote:
Well, I ordered curcumin turmeric complex from Sam's Club (Maker's Mark), hoping it does the job. 500 mg. It was missing the black pepper which some other brands have, but they are more expensive. I just hope it does as good a job as the one with the bioperine (black pepper type thing?) But I'll see.
The bioperine is supposed to be what makes it absorbable.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-29-2018, 10:03 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,718,116 times
Quote:
You can buy whole peppercorns in the spice aisle and just take one of the peppercorns with each turmeric capsule or you can also take the turmeric capsule after you eat a meal/food that you have peppered.

Old 04-29-2018, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post
You can buy whole peppercorns in the spice aisle and just take one of the peppercorns with each turmeric capsule or you can also take the turmeric capsule after you eat a meal/food that you have peppered.
Thanks. Being that I like black pepper, I guess putting some on my food should do the job. As far as peppercorns go, I know this may sound like a silly question, but should I chew it?
Another question is: will the turmeric work just as well without the black pepper?

Old 04-29-2018, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Thanks. Being that I like black pepper, I guess putting some on my food should do the job. As far as peppercorns go, I know this may sound like a silly question, but should I chew it?
Another question is: will the turmeric work just as well without the black pepper?
No, you won't get the full effects of the turmeric without the pepper (bioperine). The pepper is what helps you absorb the curcurmin which is what you really want/need. And for the peppercorn, you just pop one whole peppercorn and swallow along with your turmeric capsule. The peppercorn just makes it easier than always having to remember to take the turmeric capsule after a peppered meal.

Here is some googled info for you on the most effective way to take turmeric:

When you ingest turmeric with black pepper, you are increasing the amount of the curcumin you can absorb and your body can use. Curcumin has been associated with numerous health benefits including anti-inflammatory and an antioxidant, protecting healthy cells from free radicals which can cause damage.
https://blog.lucybee.com/health/why-...-black-pepper/

Old 05-01-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post
No, you won't get the full effects of the turmeric without the pepper (bioperine). The pepper is what helps you absorb the curcurmin which is what you really want/need. And for the peppercorn, you just pop one whole peppercorn and swallow along with your turmeric capsule. The peppercorn just makes it easier than always having to remember to take the turmeric capsule after a peppered meal.

Here is some googled info for you on the most effective way to take turmeric:

When you ingest turmeric with black pepper, you are increasing the amount of the curcumin you can absorb and your body can use. Curcumin has been associated with numerous health benefits including anti-inflammatory and an antioxidant, protecting healthy cells from free radicals which can cause damage.
https://blog.lucybee.com/health/why-...-black-pepper/
The website says that 1 to 3g of turmeric is advisable. Daily. So how much is that in terms of teaspoons?

Old 05-01-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
The website says that 1 to 3g of turmeric is advisable. Daily. So how much is that in terms of teaspoons?
When cooking with ground turmeric powder, the University of Maryland recommends 1 to 3 grams per day. One gram of ground turmeric powder is about ½ teaspoon. Three grams is about 1½ teaspoons of ground turmeric powder.
https://www.memory-improvement-tips....-turmeric.html

Old 05-02-2018, 08:01 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,099,822 times
I add turmeric to my smoothie just about every morning. I guess I can add some black pepper (should be an interesting taste!). I can't really taste the turmeric at all. I generally make my smoothies with yogurt and mango, and sometimes add curry so black pepper should actually taste pretty good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements