Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2014, 02:13 PM

93,299 posts, read 123,941,088 times

Advertisements

If this information is right or fits, you may be in luck: Buy Festool, Find Your Local Dealer - Festool Power Tools

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Syracus...le.com%2F&_rdr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 02:34 PM

2,909 posts, read 4,270,456 times
I looked that up later myself. Utica and Syracuse places are both new.

The place in Utica was was just at not very long ago and I didn't see any. The Syracuse place is also new and you and I have spoke of that place before. I would gleefully drive by that place middle finger in the air taking my money to Rochester.

One cool thing about Festool is they use MAP pricing so everything costs the same no matter where you buy it. It is very expensive stuff though so ordering it tax free can save 100's of dollars.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:09 PM

368 posts, read 831,109 times
I love living in the country actually, I don't think I can ever go back to city living, like I said before I will take cows as neighbors over people anyday,lol!! For my twelve year old though, the city fascinates because we don't live near it.

Speaking of tools, my husband works with a guy that used to work at a car dealership. After leaving the car dealership, he has a 32,000.00 yes thirty two thousand dollar credit card bill owed to Snap On.

Around here, even in our own family, the tools are worth more than the house they are stored in. Snap On loves these guys!!

Old 05-18-2014, 04:21 PM

We would love to get back to the country but within a reasonable drive to our jobs here in NY the cheapest place is several times what we can afford. And without our jobs we would not be in NY so it's high crime and drug addicts for us until we can get out.

Where my wife works the maintance guys tools are worth several times what our house us worth. Where I work the maintance guys have a lot of stuff but I don't think it's worth a house.

I collect, er use, woodworking tools. I got some nice stuff but it's just Dewalt stuff. I bleed black and yellow but some day I will cross the Festool line and I will be like a crackhead chasing my first hit.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TughillTina View Post
I love living in the country actually, I don't think I can ever go back to city living, like I said before I will take cows as neighbors over people anyday,lol!! For my twelve year old though, the city fascinates because we don't live near it.

Speaking of tools, my husband works with a guy that used to work at a car dealership. After leaving the car dealership, he has a 32,000.00 yes thirty two thousand dollar credit card bill owed to Snap On.

Around here, even in our own family, the tools are worth more than the house they are stored in. Snap On loves these guys!!
I think the cool thing about this area is that you can live in a rural/small town and be in the city in 20-25 minutes and in some cases, you could go to different (sized)cities if you want to(i.e.- the Jordan-Elbridge area, Marcellus, Skaneateles, Tully, etc).

If I was back in the Watertown area, besides the city, I'd probably live in Carthage, Black River, Calcium or Evans Mills, as long as I could find a place.

Old 05-19-2014, 07:25 AM

368 posts, read 831,109 times
Sean-so when its time to leave, where are you headed??

CK- I agree, I am in a ideal location, nice and small but close enough to bigger cities if the mood strikes.

Old 05-19-2014, 08:19 AM

865 posts, read 2,161,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I think the cool thing about this area is that you can live in a rural/small town and be in the city in 20-25 minutes and in some cases, you could go to different (sized)cities if you want to(i.e.- the Jordan-Elbridge area, Marcellus, Skaneateles, Tully, etc).

If I was back in the Watertown area, besides the city, I'd probably live in Carthage, Black River, Calcium or Evans Mills, as long as I could find a place.
Yup! I'm 50% going to move out of the city when I buy a house. Just waiting to hear about 81 before I even begin to start searching.

If I buy a house in Lafayette, commuting to work in North Syracuse will be impossible (or have twice as many miles with the boulevard).

Living in the city, with all of it's crime, just isn't for me. I like the city of Syracuse ... just don't want to live directly in the city.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller88 View Post
Yup! I'm 50% going to move out of the city when I buy a house. Just waiting to hear about 81 before I even begin to start searching.

If I buy a house in Lafayette, commuting to work in North Syracuse will be impossible (or have twice as many miles with the boulevard).

Living in the city, with all of it's crime, just isn't for me. I like the city of Syracuse ... just don't want to live directly in the city.
Some areas of the city are better than others in terms if crime and it is different for someone from a place like Frankfort.

Also, if you want country in the area, looking west is an option. An area like the Jordan-Elbridge school district is a possibility. Even parts of towns like Marcellus, Skaneateles or Camillus could work too.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TughillTina View Post
Sean-so when its time to leave, where are you headed??

CK- I agree, I am in a ideal location, nice and small but close enough to bigger cities if the mood strikes.
Kinda waiting to see how the kids shake out so visits will be easier. Oldest boy planning to move to Florida. Youngest girls SO is moving around with the Army but Texas keeps popping up. Oldest daughter will make her husband move wherever we go. Middle daughter leans towards Florida.

So most likely Texas or Florida to be near Florida. Personally I want South Dakota Montana or Wyoming but the kids are all headed south so I guess I am too.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
Kinda waiting to see how the kids shake out so visits will be easier. Oldest boy planning to move to Florida. Youngest girls SO is moving around with the Army but Texas keeps popping up. Oldest daughter will make her husband move wherever we go. Middle daughter leans towards Florida.

So most likely Texas or Florida to be near Florida. Personally I want South Dakota Montana or Wyoming but the kids are all headed south so I guess I am too.
Even with the winters in SD, Montana and Wyoming, you would still consider them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area