Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2014, 08:14 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,529,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I know, right? I might have to think of something for those that can't stomach egg, but that would just be regular pizza, right?
haha yeah pretty much would just be regular pizza without sauce Breakfast pizza is normally eggs+cheese+toppings (ground sausage, bacon, veggies, etc)

Now I'm getting hungry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 08:25 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,634,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
Park in the lot directly across the street. It's $5
Thank you! We couldn't find one that was not permit parking only. We were surprised how little parking there is in the area even on the street.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:26 AM

865 posts, read 2,162,925 times
Quote:
If you are talking about Dinosaur, the lot is open at night. I'm not sure as to how late it is open, but I have seen it open at night.
Have to be careful with that lot. I have parked there a few times to see bands at Dinosaur without issue, but they do tow on occasion. If you *do* park there, make sure to pay. I usually end up parking on the street on the block east of the dance club and running over / back to the car.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller88 View Post
Have to be careful with that lot. I have parked there a few times to see bands at Dinosaur without issue, but they do tow on occasion. If you *do* park there, make sure to pay. I usually end up parking on the street on the block east of the dance club and running over / back to the car.
It's a paid lot. So you're saying you got towed because you didn't pay? Not really anything to be careful with... if you're parking in a paid lot, you're supposed to pay.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:16 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,634,671 times
Quote:
It is in Downtown and near Franklin Square, an area where former factories and warehouses have been turned into apartments. There are more in the works as well. I wouldn't call such incidents commonplace in Downtown, but they do occur like any other city. Armory Square is literally 5 blocks south of Dinosaur and has quite a few restaurants as well.

I think with Dinosaur, when people come from out of town, it is a place people have heard of due to the restaurant being on TV shows. So, it may be a thing of going to a place that seems safe in terms of a restaurant choice. Other restaurants have been on shows, but Dinosaur has had the most exposure, I believe.
Oh I get that it's in the middle of the city. Just being someone not from the area, it's not exactly a welcoming neighborhood. And after seeing a car with a smashed window on my first visit was less than exciting shall we say. Definitely did not make me want to leave my vehicle on the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
Ugh, I miss breakfast pizza. Really, is that just a Syracuse/upstate NY thing? I had never had breakfast pizza until I lived in Syracuse and I haven't seen it much around Philly at all.
Breakfast cheesesteak? Actually doesn't sound like such a crazy idea.

Doesn't Subway or Dunkin' Donuts or Tim Hortons have breakfast pizzas? I've seen commercials for their things....not sure I can call it food. Tim's probably doesn't exist down in Philly, does it? I don't remember them around Pittsburgh when I was there earlier this year.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:08 AM

2,909 posts, read 4,272,938 times
Byrne dairy has the best breakfast pizza

Old 09-19-2014, 10:20 AM

93,451 posts, read 124,120,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
Byrne dairy has the best breakfast pizza
They have to at least be up there, as the one near me seems to get quite a few people that get them from there and the misses would get one occasionally from the Elbridge location on the way to work.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:28 AM

Savon is good to but there crust sucks so just throw it away.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post

Breakfast cheesesteak? Actually doesn't sound like such a crazy idea.

Doesn't Subway or Dunkin' Donuts or Tim Hortons have breakfast pizzas? I've seen commercials for their things....not sure I can call it food. Tim's probably doesn't exist down in Philly, does it? I don't remember them around Pittsburgh when I was there earlier this year.
Breakfast cheesesteak sounds like a great hangover cure!

Nah I don't think any of the chains have breakfast pizzas. Even if they did, they prob wouldn't be all that good. Brunch is a HUGE thing here in Philly so I will make it a goal to get breakfast pizza somewhere the next time I go for brunch

Old 09-19-2014, 03:05 PM

Maybe now that Burger King owns Timmies they will expand farther but when my daughter went to school in Pittsburg they either had no Tims or maybe they were just to far away I forget.

She was a timmies girl. Good coffee. So so everything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area