Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 11:15 AM

2 posts, read 13,753 times

Advertisements

I hate Momo's and Decent.

3 Guys on Tennessee before High is ACTUALLY decent, NY style pizza.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 07:47 PM

108 posts, read 354,052 times
I give Momo's a B+. I prefer thicker crust.

Old 07-03-2010, 05:47 AM

807 posts, read 3,187,699 times
Momo's extra large is worth buying just for the shock effect when you bring it home... 30" across!!

Old 07-04-2010, 12:24 PM

105 posts, read 353,535 times
If you have high expectations for pizza, I would recommend Mellow Mushroom. They are a popular pizza joint in Atlanta and their Tallahassee location is every bit as good. They have good crust, good ingredients, and a good atmosphere. They are close to the FSU campus and stadium so the crowd is a little young than you'd find in the Atlanta 'burbs. But, it is a fun place.

In general, Tallahassee can be a challenging place for dining out. We haven't tried Decent Pizza yet.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:21 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Hungry Howies off Apalachee Parkway is REALLY good! I ALWAYS had hungry howies when we lived there! Also there is a Gumby's on the FSU campus that is EXTREMELY tasty and good.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:18 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,521,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MittensRomney View Post
I hate Momo's and Decent.

3 Guys on Tennessee before High is ACTUALLY decent, NY style pizza.
this...that is only thing that comes close

If you from the east coast or Chicago everything in Tallahassee is going to be like wtf is this...there aren't any good italian places there. You just aren't going to find it. People in Tallahassee think Carabba's, Olive Garden, and Macaroni Grill is good Italian eating, if that tells you anything.

Hungry Howies and Gumbys? Please tell me you are joking. That stuff isn't even edible except by some drunk college kids, much less good pizza.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:53 PM

9 posts, read 25,482 times
Try Milano Pizzaria at Monroe St and Tharpe. It's a newer pizzaria that opened a few months ago. I lived 20+ years in NJ and can tell you after trying many pizza joints in town, this is the closest to actual NY style pizza. Many local pizzarias have much thicker crust which is more common in the south. Up north you'd only find that type of crust from one of the pizza chains (e.g., Domino's, Papa John's). Milano's pizza is the thinner, greasy variety more commonly found in NJ/NY-- the kind of slice you can easily fold in half. The same owner of Milano also owns Village pizza up on Thomasville rd. Backyard Pizza near Killearn and 3 guys is pretty good as well, although for some reason I felt the sause tasted better at Milano. Mellow Mushroom is the thicker southern style crust.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:33 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,521,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueicon View Post
Try Milano Pizzaria at Monroe St and Tharpe. It's a newer pizzaria that opened a few months ago. I lived 20+ years in NJ and can tell you after trying many pizza joints in town, this is the closest to actual NY style pizza. Many local pizzarias have much thicker crust which is more common in the south. Up north you'd only find that type of crust from one of the pizza chains (e.g., Domino's, Papa John's). Milano's pizza is the thinner, greasy variety more commonly found in NJ/NY-- the kind of slice you can easily fold in half. The same owner of Milano also owns Village pizza up on Thomasville rd. Backyard Pizza near Killearn and 3 guys is pretty good as well, although for some reason I felt the sause tasted better at Milano. Mellow Mushroom is the thicker southern style crust.
I will have to check out Milano, if it sucks you will be sleeping with the fishes.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:48 PM

8 posts, read 19,119 times
I'm the husband of blessedmom...

I lived in Tallahassee for a LONG time (Lived in Cincy before that), so I was very spoiled when it came to pizza.

I hate to say it, but almost all the pizza in Tallahassee created a feeling of complete revulsion in me. I felt I was lowering my standards for years.

Mellow Mushroom is a decent pizza in other towns. Blowing Rock, N.C. having some of the best. You could try there.

The only other place is out in Northeast Tallahassee, in Northampton. On Kerry Forest Pkwy is the Red Elephant. It was one the few place I actually liked to return to.

Good Luck. You'll need it. Good Pizza in Tally is like good print news. VERY hard to find!

Old 07-23-2010, 12:55 AM
TD*

1,695 posts, read 4,142,805 times
And like an opinion everybody has one, I disagree with yours. I think there are plenty of great pizza joints here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tallahassee