Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 10:24 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,067,905 times

Advertisements

Hey, some of yous may have seen me on these boards before, but I have a question about Lutz. I ask incase I move to Tampa area but happen to not end up directly in Tampa.

Whats Lutz like? What type of neighborhoods have reasonably priced rents? Do people typically have roommates in a town like this as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 02:23 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
Rural - seems like there's a lot of strip malls, small subdivisions, and horse country. Some of Lutz has some of Tampa's best communities (Cheval). I think Lutz is a nice area to live compared to a lot of the more dense areas.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Rural - seems like there's a lot of strip malls, small subdivisions, and horse country. Some of Lutz has some of Tampa's best communities (Cheval). I think Lutz is a nice area to live compared to a lot of the more dense areas.

I thought it was something of this description.
Id imagine Lutz has 10,000 people or around that.

How long a drive to places like Ybor or Downtown or New Tampa?

Old 07-24-2010, 12:18 PM

26 posts, read 83,846 times
Depending on traffic, it takes us 35-45 mins to get to downtown or Ybor. The Veteren's Expressway saves tons of time but it is a toll road, so be prepared with cash before you get on

I love living in Lutz. I am 36 and have never enjoyed living in a neighborhood as much as Cheval - safe, beautiful, plenty of space/sidewalks/areas to run and ride bikes. Plus, cool wildlife - birds, baby gators, wild turkeys, deer and rabbits. The HOA is kinda nagging, but they do force us to keep it looking pristine.

I do not enjoy the 45mins - 1hour commute to get to work (Harbour Island) at 8am, and going home at 5pm. If you have a flexible work schedule and can avoid peak traffic times, it wouldn't be so bad.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaro View Post
Depending on traffic, it takes us 35-45 mins to get to downtown or Ybor. The Veteren's Expressway saves tons of time but it is a toll road, so be prepared with cash before you get on

I love living in Lutz. I am 36 and have never enjoyed living in a neighborhood as much as Cheval - safe, beautiful, plenty of space/sidewalks/areas to run and ride bikes. Plus, cool wildlife - birds, baby gators, wild turkeys, deer and rabbits. The HOA is kinda nagging, but they do force us to keep it looking pristine.

I do not enjoy the 45mins - 1hour commute to get to work (Harbour Island) at 8am, and going home at 5pm. If you have a flexible work schedule and can avoid peak traffic times, it wouldn't be so bad.

Oh its that far from Tampa? If so, then I dont wanna live there lol.
I am already in Parrish and if its as far a ride as Parrish (Manatee county) is to there, I have to take a big pass. It seems like you like the wildlife and being set back, but also seem to think its a nuissance with the gas. I am all for the urban movement now in America so.. Lutz I guess would not be a fit. Here I was thinking it was 10-15 minutes from Tampa lol. Turns out Gibsonton is closer.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:53 AM

87 posts, read 202,854 times
Default Lutz to USF?

Can anyone give me feedback on commute times to USF from Lutz? Also, looking on line at house on Lakeshore on Lake Keen, is this a good area? Thanks for any help.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:01 PM

26 posts, read 83,846 times
Default Looootz to tampa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorRain View Post
Oh its that far from Tampa? If so, then I dont wanna live there lol.
I am already in Parrish and if its as far a ride as Parrish (Manatee county) is to there, I have to take a big pass. It seems like you like the wildlife and being set back, but also seem to think its a nuissance with the gas. I am all for the urban movement now in America so.. Lutz I guess would not be a fit. Here I was thinking it was 10-15 minutes from Tampa lol. Turns out Gibsonton is closer.
Yeah, it's 5-10 mins to Tampa city limits but downton Tampa/Ybor takes longer

Old 07-26-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaro View Post
Yeah, it's 5-10 mins to Tampa city limits but downton Tampa/Ybor takes longer

Oh I see. Its roughly a half hr then Im guessing. It seems to fly going from Downtown to the city limits so, might not be much further. I wanna live closer to the city core if I can help it.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:31 PM

929 posts, read 2,724,579 times
Lutz is an area North of Tampa. It was a nice area of houses on large lots and small farms. Like most of Tampa Bay and Florida over the past 20 years it has filled up with houses. It still has alot of nice areas and is close to everything IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay