Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2010, 01:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,158 times

Advertisements

Hi

My husband may possibly accept a job in Tampa. We live in NJ about1/2 hour from NYC. We are seriously thinking about accepting this offer so my husband can retire early. The weather is also appealing. We have 2 children 8 and 6 years old. We live now in a very nice neighborhood in the suburbs with an excellent school system. Our town & the towns near by have absolutely no crime. We love being 1/2 hour from NYC & 45min to the beach. Our neighborhood is all young families 40 years old & younger. We would like a similiar neighborhood but of course closer to the beautiful beaches! What areas would you suggest for our family? Also, If we need to send our children to private schools. What schools would you suggest? I really appreciate any help you can give us. Thank you very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 06:42 AM

27,224 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Welcome to FL!

This is a great area to live in. For your situation I would recommend Oldsmar. Oldsmar, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Check out the East Lake Woodlands neighborhood which is a large gated community with great recreational opportunities and plenty of shopping/services nearby. Oldsmar offers easy access to the beaches (nearby Honeymoon Island State Park's beach is pretty much always named as one of the best beaches in the US), as well as work in Tampa without a bridge commute, and is part of the excellent East Lake High School school district.
About ELHS

http://www.greatschools.org/florida/...e-High-School/

Last edited by kyle19125; 09-12-2010 at 06:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay