Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 05:32 PM

335 posts, read 406,893 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I was wondering of these two, plus any other you might recommend please? Columbia and Colonades. They both seem great (haven't been to either, I am relatively new here). Any others and which of these is better? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2015, 05:39 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,016,957 times
The Columbia is a staple of Tampa and is the oldest restaurant in the state. It's definitely worth going to at least once. For another good eat (and awesome beer), check out Tampa Bay Brewing Company, right around the corner in Centro Ybor. Leave Ybor and go into Seminole Heights to check out The Refinery, Fodder & Shine, The Front Porch, and The Independent for some more food choices as well.

Old 06-17-2015, 06:21 PM

290 posts, read 339,637 times
Columbia for sure because of all the history (and the food is pretty good!) Berns is good, be sure to go to the dessert room if you go. Oxford Exhange is a good choice too, but you could always just go for coffee/tea rather than a full meal.

Old 06-17-2015, 07:26 PM

5,978 posts, read 7,382,129 times
The Columbia is a good one-time you gotta see it place. The food is nothing special to me, nor is the floor show. But - that being said, it's a pleasant experience and worth doing once.

RM

Old 06-17-2015, 10:58 PM
KPB

1,517 posts, read 1,525,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGatsby View Post
Columbia for sure because of all the history (and the food is pretty good!) Berns is good, be sure to go to the dessert room if you go. Oxford Exhange is a good choice too, but you could always just go for coffee/tea rather than a full meal.
I would suggest Columbia, I don't care for Collonade.
Bern's desert room is cool too just for desert, the kitchen tour is kinda neat. You can see how they age there meat and the grouper in the tanks.

Last edited by KPB; 06-18-2015 at 12:06 AM..

Old 06-18-2015, 12:53 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
I've never been to the Columbia,or Collonade but I'll certainly give a big thumbs up to the Tampa Bay Brewing Company in Ybor. Highly recommend Shepherds pie or the meat loaf accompanied with one of their amazing soups,Also give the beer sampler a try.
https://www.tampabaybrewingcompany.com/menu/

Old 06-18-2015, 07:17 AM

101 posts, read 113,998 times
Really? The Collanade made this list? That place is a musty old place with a nice view but the food is certainly nothing to write home about.

How about Ulele?

Old 06-18-2015, 07:37 AM

745 posts, read 801,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
The Columbia is a staple of Tampa and is the oldest restaurant in the state. It's definitely worth going to at least once. For another good eat (and awesome beer), check out Tampa Bay Brewing Company, right around the corner in Centro Ybor. Leave Ybor and go into Seminole Heights to check out The Refinery, Fodder & Shine, The Front Porch, and The Independent for some more food choices as well.
Most people that are not hipsters in their 20's or early 30's would be completely put-off by the slum that is Seminole Heights, simply driving into the area leaves a bad impression. If I was not from here and someone drove me from ybor to one of the places on Florida or Nebraska I might think I was being taken to a warehouse to have my organs harvested and then dumped on the side of the road

And the Independent is SO overrated... so is Mermaids

Old 06-18-2015, 07:41 AM

745 posts, read 801,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyar View Post
Really? The Collanade made this list? That place is a musty old place with a nice view but the food is certainly nothing to write home about.
Agreed, it's full of old people

Old 06-18-2015, 07:41 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
I dont care for the Colonade myself. The question is whether you want a Tampa experience or you just want good food, if you are into good food then I would go to Edison Food+Drink Lab, Ava, Yummi house bistro, Sideberns, Cafe Ponte, Six Tables, Piquant, Anise, the Seminole Heights places mentioned before, but none of those places are particular to the area they can be in anytown, USA. If you want Tampa/Florida atmosphere then the Colonnade (even though is a tiny step above red lobster), Columbia (aside from cubans is not very good), Frenchy's, Ulele (not a fan of their menu), Berns, Jackson's Bistro those places are sort of unique to the area whether is ovelooking bayshore or downtown, on the beach, Old (Columbia).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay