Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 04:33 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,035,168 times

Advertisements

I cannot tell you, as a long-suffering Pittsburgh baseball fan, how lucky your city is to have such a great team . Your team plays in the most powerful and talented division in baseball with all the disadvantages of a small-market team, and yet,embarrasses the best of them. A heartfelt congratulations to your city for providing us with a team that overachieved, outworked, and outperformed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 05:30 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,749,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiredcoach View Post
I cannot tell you, as a long-suffering Pittsburgh baseball fan, how lucky your city is to have such a great team . Your team plays in the most powerful and talented division in baseball with all the disadvantages of a small-market team, and yet,embarrasses the best of them. A heartfelt congratulations to your city for providing us with a team that overachieved, outworked, and outperformed!
Thanks for that. I don't think I have ever felt more sick about a loss before, so its good to hear the positives and try to look on the bright side.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:35 PM

27,215 posts, read 43,910,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
This is one reason why so many people can't stand the Yankees. You cannot have a conversation about your team anywhere anytime without a Yankee fan butting in. I have witnessed this on Facebook constantly.
Ditto. It would be nice to see the Rangers or Giants win it all so we won't be subjected to the ad nauseum ESPN fawning over the Yankees, or to a slightly lesser degree... the Phillies.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:53 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
Thanks for that. I don't think I have ever felt more sick about a loss before, so its good to hear the positives and try to look on the bright side.
Takes awhile to get over a loss - how do you think the players feel? Learned as a kid, after my team lost a few times (Royals to the Yankees in mid-1970s), not to get too attached to a team where you get too down after losing.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Ditto. It would be nice to see the Rangers or Giants win it all so we won't be subjected to the ad nauseum ESPN fawning over the Yankees, or to a slightly lesser degree... the Phillies.
Flipped on ESPN, and it already seems to be all Yankeees - guess since they're defending champs, you can expect that.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:14 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,308,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Takes awhile to get over a loss - how do you think the players feel? Learned as a kid, after my team lost a few times (Royals to the Yankees in mid-1970s), not to get too attached to a team where you get too down after losing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-6Tn0Ie-AQ

Old 10-14-2010, 06:47 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,308,809 times
^^^^WARNING!!!: THE F BOMB AND S BOMB ARE USED A FEW TIMES IN THIS VIDEO.^^^^

Sorry I forgot to add a disclaimer- I could not find an edited version. I dont get offended by anything, but i know many people do

Old 10-14-2010, 06:55 AM

thanks for posting that video - major reps!

Old 10-14-2010, 07:19 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,122,930 times
I really, really dislike the Yankees. Glad we didn't lose to them. I lov ethe players on the Yankees and also think they play exciting baseball. Yes, I know many of their players have come up through their farm system, but if they lack in a position or need a bat.... they simply go out and get the best that money can buy. Okay, the real reason I don;t like them.... they always win. lol

Old 10-14-2010, 08:05 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiredcoach View Post
I know I went to a Pirates game a few weeks ago-yikes...but I was surprised how many people still attend the games. Nice park though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay