Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 07:45 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin from Tampa View Post
OK fine, it's been mentioned. It's also perfectly acceptable for someone who lives here to tell others that the OP's worries are overblown. Cool?
In your opinion the OP's worries are overblown, I'm sure in the OP's mind they are completly valid!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 01:46 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,648,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
In your opinion the OP's worries are overblown, I'm sure in the OP's mind they are completly valid!!
While the OP's concern may be valid for them, it was also completely acceptable for others here to point out that there is almost zero% chance of seeing someone nude in Caliente unless you are actually in Caliente.

It seems you have a problem with both sides of the issue being heard.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:17 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
If the OP had asked to learn about the neighborhood that the Realtor should have informed the OP, otherwise the Realtor is not suppose to tell or it can be seen as discrimination.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
If the OP had asked to learn about the neighborhood that the Realtor should have informed the OP, otherwise the Realtor is not suppose to tell or it can be seen as discrimination.
I know when a home in Caliente is on realtor.com the last line in the description is usually that it's "clothing optional". I think it's a little silly that you feel the burden is on the out of state buyer to uncover this info!The realtor INHO should have mentioned it especially since it's such not a big deal!

Old 05-13-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1306 View Post
While the OP's concern may be valid for them, it was also completely acceptable for others here to point out that there is almost zero% chance of seeing someone nude in Caliente unless you are actually in Caliente.

It seems you have a problem with both sides of the issue being heard.
I share the view that it is no big deal!So why would I try to stop others from agreeing with me?? But I also recognize that this community will bother some that have objections over that lifestyle for whatever reasons.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:38 PM

817 posts, read 2,251,594 times
Quote:
For some reason, you are being obtuse. Why, I don't know, but follow my logic.

The OP does not live in this area.

I do.

I have been by that area scores of times. In fact, before I bought the house that I live in now, I actually considered buying in Wilderness Preserve. I didn't, but mainly because I think it's just too far from a major highway.

I know about Caliente. I've actually been in there one time. My sister used to be married to a guy whose father lived there. It's not my thing, but I've actually visited this place. I've been in Wilderness Preserve. I've spent time in that area, eaten in restaurants there, and know people that live in Land O'Lakes.

In short, I can give good advice on whether Caliente would affect someone living in Wilderness Preserve. It wouldn't.

Apparently you disagree. If you think it would, I'd love to hear why you think so, and I'd appreciate hearing your experience with this area, and if it's comparable to mine.

Thanks!

Old 05-14-2011, 01:43 PM

817 posts, read 2,251,594 times
Quote:
I know when a home in Caliente is on realtor.com the last line in the description is usually that it's "clothing optional". I think it's a little silly that you feel the burden is on the out of state buyer to uncover this info!The realtor INHO should have mentioned it especially since it's such not a big deal!
At what point does this not need to be divulged? Does anyone buying a house in Land O'Lakes need to be told in secretive hushed whispers..."there's nekkid people living here!"?

WP is so remote from Caliente...it's simply stupid for a realtor to say anything about it. The entrance to each is over a mile apart. Honestly, if someone I knew was looking at WP, Caliente's presence in the area wouldn't even pop in to my head, and I know that area well.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:11 PM

Thanks for all the info but I don't need it I live in Palm Harbor and have no desire to live in the sticks! That said, call me obtuse or dumb blonde, whatever you like ! The Op said Caliente backed to the house she was going to put an offer on and as such just by the fact that it bothered her enough not to put an offer on it, it may to have a negative effect on other buyers and should have been disclosed IMHO! I'm sure wonderful people live in Caliente it's not personal it's business !

Old 05-14-2011, 02:21 PM

769 posts, read 2,051,455 times
Quote:
The house is not in Caliente though. So not sure what the big deal is. Should they disclose that on every house in Land O Lakes?

Old 05-14-2011, 02:30 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,650 times
why would anyone buy a house without looking at the area? If you can afford the house, you can afford to buy a plane ticket and at least spend a week checking out the area. Would you buy a car without driving it first? Or maybe marry some one without meeting them first?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay