Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2009, 02:00 PM

42 posts, read 174,988 times

Advertisements

I noticed that there are not alot of "neighborhood bars" in South Tampa. Other than the chain restaurants (Chili's, Bone Fish Grill etc.), or areas in SoHo, Hyde Park, Channelside, & Ybor (Ybor is gross)...not much as far as bars/pubs/martini lounges are concerned (in South Tampa). I ate dinner @ Bin27 and found it to be a quaint little place, but the bar was small. Is that all there is here???

One thing I did find strange was that people could drink @ the movies...so weird! What are the liquor laws here and where are all the hip martini bars?

I am a bartender from DC/Va Bch/Miami and i'm a little disappointed because Tampa seems to have alot of elderly people (no offense to anyone) and not too many hip bars that cater to young hip professionals.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 02:29 PM

1,824 posts, read 8,381,194 times
Wow, I think you need to get out and about a bit more, to say that there are no neighborhood bars in South Tampa, and only elderly people.

Exactly what are you looking for?

My neighborhood as about a dozen non-chain bars/eateries, and its on South Westshore Blvd near Euclid and El Prado Avenues(Green Iguana, MacKenzies, Wooden Door, Westshore Pizza, Let Them Eat Cake, Roberts Meats, The Real Dill, CDB's, Galley Pizza, Gardn of Eaton, Jasmine Thai, World of Wines...)

Hyde Park/SOHO, just drive down South Howard Avenue from Kennedy Blvd to Bayshore Blvd...hardley a chain in site, or even in Hyde Park Village(Mangroves, The Kennedy, CHEAP, SOHO Tavern, The Rack, Hyde Park Cafe, Corner Bar, Dubliner, Oasis Cafe, Cork, MacDintons, The Lodge, NYPD Pizza, 717 South, Side Berns, Thai Palace, Daily Eats, Lime, Berns, Ciccio and Tonys, Sallie ONeils, Bellas, Ceviche, Restaurant BT, WIne Exchange....average age I would guess to be around 30 years old.)

And Ybor is gross? Some of the cities finest eateries are in Ybor City(El Puerto, Laughing Cat, La Creperia, Samari Sushi, Bernini's, Gaspar's, The NEST, Teatro, Columbia, Tampa Bay Brewing Company, La Terraza, Acropolis, La Tropicana, Mema's, Jalapenos de Ybor....)

Channelside/Downtown - places like Aja, Tina's Tapas, Splitsville, Margarita Mama's, Stumps Supper Club, Newks Cafe, Hattricks, Malios, Jacksons, Cafe Dufrain, Taps, Raw Bar, Fly Bar, Four Green Fields.....

There are numerous other pocket neighborhoods, all with non chains, and great neighborhood bars- MacDill Avenue from Swann Ave to Gandy Blvd and around Bay to Bay Blvd and MacDill Ave(Datz, Byblos, Pach's, Cappys, Pinkys, Wild Wings, Red Dog, Pappas', Yoko's, Spartacos, Pane Rustica, Brunchery, Mad Dogs and Englishmen, Chiuauas, Cafe Paradiso....)

IM just not sure you actually explored all that is South Tampa if you say there are no neighborhood bars, and only chain restaurants and everyone is elderly. Pick up or go on line to creativeloafing or tbt.com and look up South Tampa for eateries and bars....and drive around some more, tehre is more to South Tampa than Kennedy Blvd and Dale Mabry Hwy.

I hope this helps.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:52 PM

42 posts, read 174,988 times
I was only in Tampa for a couple days to check it out, but OMG...Tampaguy03 thanks a million for being specific and listing all of these! Super helpful!! You made my day and I truly appreciate it!!

Old 09-09-2011, 03:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungrl View Post
I noticed that there are not alot of "neighborhood bars" in South Tampa. Other than the chain restaurants (Chili's, Bone Fish Grill etc.), or areas in SoHo, Hyde Park, Channelside, & Ybor (Ybor is gross)...not much as far as bars/pubs/martini lounges are concerned (in South Tampa). I ate dinner @ Bin27 and found it to be a quaint little place, but the bar was small. Is that all there is here???

One thing I did find strange was that people could drink @ the movies...so weird! What are the liquor laws here and where are all the hip martini bars?

I am a bartender from DC/Va Bch/Miami and i'm a little disappointed because Tampa seems to have alot of elderly people (no offense to anyone) and not too many hip bars that cater to young hip professionals.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!
There are a lot of bars in the Hyde Park district of South Tampa.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:54 PM

295 posts, read 1,450,646 times
The Pour House is exactly what you are looking for. In Channelside...

Old 09-11-2011, 10:14 AM

817 posts, read 2,251,894 times
wow, south Tampa has TONS of bars...and Tampa doesn't have lots of old people...that would be St Pete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: