Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 06:36 PM

1,613 posts, read 3,239,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachInTheCity View Post
Oh she is a spoiled , 2 yr old , 11 lb Chihuahua.

Be on the look out for a PM and thank you!

Ive seen some places that with a good rent special look promising or that I like regardless especially in Channelside but my biggest concern is ending up in a nice dorm/frat house...you know one of the high rises taken over by belligerent college kids who crowd the pools in the summer, leave beer cans and pizza boxes around the complex and leave "secured doors" and such open for their non resident friends. I wasn't in the college mindset so to speak back in my undergrad days so I definitely am not now, close to 30.

If I decided to look into house's instead of apartments I will do that, thank you!

Also, would you all recommend Tampa as in S Tampa over a similar area in St. Pete's? Basically downtown vs downtown so to speak
I would agree with him that s tampa sounds like what you want but from my experience, 1000 bucks is gonna get you a moldy smelling 70 year old house. If your ok with that then go for it. Most decent apartments though run atleast 1000-1200 for just a studio in that general area.

New tampa is more familys in the suburbs. Same with westchase, citrus park, carrollwood etc.. I love the areas myself, I live in citrus park but I dont walk anywhere, thats for sure. (I guess I could walk to the mall and restraunts but id rather just drive )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 11:56 AM

451 posts, read 934,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tim Tim View Post
I would agree with him that s tampa sounds like what you want but from my experience, 1000 bucks is gonna get you a moldy smelling 70 year old house. If your ok with that then go for it. Most decent apartments though run atleast 1000-1200 for just a studio in that general area.
This is absolute mis-information. There is a large number of well-maintained, recently restored multi-unit apartment buildings that rent for as low as ~ $800/month in Hyde Park. Gaspar Properties, for example, has some great options in SoHo, Hyde Park and Davis Islands. Places like these are totally clean with hardwood floors, loads of vintage character and are located, in some cases, as close as two blocks from Bayshore.

If you're paying $1,000 for a "moldy smelling 70 year old house", you're not looking hard enough. If you want granite countertops and you want to live in a building with shallow boozehounds, go overpay at Madison @ SoHo. But if you've got a budget of less than $1,000 you can absolutely find a very nice place to live in Hyde Park.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:50 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
I too disagree with Tim.. there are plenty of places around S. Tampa that are in your price range. There are some real estate companies that specialize in only S. Tampa rentals, not apt complexes necessarily but converted houses made into apts.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:40 PM

63 posts, read 131,205 times
Would appreciate some recommendations on those companies that specialize in rentals in that area.

Thx

Old 02-17-2012, 03:39 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
Here is a website that has listings from different realtors. Since it is not a website owned by a real estate company it is allowed.

South Tampa Homes for Rent, Apartments in South Tampa, Rental Houses in South Tampa Fl, South Tampa Apartments, Rental Homes in South Tampa Florida

Check out Bayshore Landings.. condo there for $875.00 for 1/1 but it is right across from the Bay in Ballest Point
http://www.padmapper.com/search/apar...ampa/86820583/

Last edited by Keeper; 02-17-2012 at 03:58 PM..

Old 02-18-2012, 03:03 PM

185 posts, read 318,583 times
Which apartments especially downtown in S. Tampa are over run by the college crowd?

Old 02-20-2012, 09:22 AM

and also about the Slade..... I must admit I like the layout and style of the units. Initially I took it off the list because it seemed it maybe over run by the college crowd however I see that its split up between A North tower which is 100% rentals and South tower which is the owner side of the property.

Does anyone know if the owner,south side of things, (as in renting from an owner) is calm or a better option than going through the rental side of things? Or does it not matter as most of the owners have rented their places out to whomever as well.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Here is a website that has listings from different realtors. Since it is not a website owned by a real estate company it is allowed.

South Tampa Homes for Rent, Apartments in South Tampa, Rental Houses in South Tampa Fl, South Tampa Apartments, Rental Homes in South Tampa Florida

Check out Bayshore Landings.. condo there for $875.00 for 1/1 but it is right across from the Bay in Ballest Point
Tampa Apartment for Rent - $825 - 644ft² - Bayshore Landings-FURNISHED RENTAL!!! (Tampa, florida) - PadMapper
Any idea why the pictures don't show up for the first link? Is anyone else having this problem?

Old 03-16-2012, 10:48 AM

35 posts, read 117,128 times
Default telephone #

Hi There,
I read your post and was wondering if you could provide me with the telephone number of those apartments. I am looking for 1bd.
Kind Regards,
Natalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethinktank View Post
First, welcome to Tampa! Run, do not walk, to South Tampa-- specifically Hyde Park / Palma Ceia.

I don't agree with Tim Tim Tim-- for $1200, you have your pick of the litter over the best one bedroom apartments in the area. For closer to $1000, you're still living like a king (or queen) if you prefer apartment living.

I'm 31, I live in Hyde Park, I work from home and live in a 2-bedroom house with a fenced in yard, nice little restored bungalow. Myself, my wife, our three dogs. People would be surprised at what little rent I pay for the quality of home I've found, and I'm just two blocks off of Swann Ave. If you do your research, head around the neighborhood and rely on more than Craigslist, you can find a great apartment or home here.

There are a lot of vintage-style apartment complexes in the area with 8 or so units each. They're well restored, and there are plenty of them within two blocks of Bayshore Blvd. on the water. If you haven't seen the area, PeachInTheCity, its a large community of restored bungalow homes, old oaks hanging over the street, spanish moss... There are indie restaurants, shops (including a dog boutique with dog toys, treats, organic food, stylish beds, etc) and more all in the area, and its within a mile or two from downtown depending on your address.

The negatives include the price (but as I said, $1,000+ can get you a great 1-bedroom), the snobs (it's a wealthy area, and it has gone to some people's heads-- however, there are real people like us here), and that's about it. It's safe as can be, clean as can be, and entirely walkable.

PM me if you have any questions about the area. I'm happy to jot down a few phone numbers of those vintage apartment buildings as I pass by them. Good luck with your decision!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay