Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 05:30 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,610,794 times

Advertisements

Why stay away from Sarasota? it's beautiful there!

There are a lot of nice places to live here, you didn't specify if you want beach? parks? golf? plus what I think is nice, you may think is crap, and vice versa. Kinda hard to be objective when you're being this vague. Manhattan is gorgeous IMO.

Crime is everywhere; even in gated communities. Taxes pay for our schools. Avoiding taxes is depleting our kids of the better education other children benefit from up north. Kinda sucks when people move here and keep this state low on education. Hate to tell you, but there are people who LIVE HERE, and have kids, and who want their kids to have the same opportunities those up north have, and who are frustrated with those who move here to avoid paying taxes. I am not sure why you feel entitled to not pay taxes, or pay a minimal amount. Private companies do not maintain our roads, and neither are the indians! Ever been on I-86? we drove through there once and were shocked to see the condition of that road unmaintained BY TAXES because we owe something to the indians from 200 years ago! Florida wages do not support private schools for the 19 million people living here. Less than 1% go to private schools and most are from somewhere up north as a Target employee cannot afford private schools!

If I were you, I'd be more concerned with HOA's and CDD's because those two will make up and then some compared to your taxes.

What kind of comments and feedback do you want here? Your post is very vague and all of those questions have been answered millions of times before. Visit and see for yourself; we can't speak for your likes/dislikes. Coming from NY, there will be a culture shock, but once you realize most everyone else is from there, you'll feel like home. You too can start driving slow in the wrong lane, and/or cut people off at the bumper like the rest of those with NY and Jersey license plates do around here. Sorry, but I have yet to see someone coming here from there with good manners and common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 05:27 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,652,997 times
The original post from MikeNYC was made in 2007...the poster from today gives no indication that he/she is from NY/NJ (that I can tell)...but I guess you never want to miss the opportunity to get your digs in...

Old 09-18-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
The original post from MikeNYC was made in 2007...the poster from today gives no indication that he/she is from NY/NJ (that I can tell)...but I guess you never want to miss the opportunity to get your digs in...
I didn't see that, and I would also be digless if these ppl would show more common sense and stop acting so entitled!

Old 09-18-2014, 06:46 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,463,477 times
I thought you were a renter? Does that mean if you rent you don't pay taxes either? Post said was looking for lower taxes. Why not just point out the differences between Seminole, Hillsborough and Pasco? How about IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY OR ADD - LEAVE THE POST ALONE. Two years watching this. If you're that miserable, why not move to another area and start again? Maybe it'll work out for you this next move.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
I thought you were a renter? Does that mean if you rent you don't pay taxes either? Post said was looking for lower taxes. Why not just point out the differences between Seminole, Hillsborough and Pasco? How about IF YOU HAVE NOTHING NICE TO SAY OR ADD - LEAVE THE POST ALONE. Two years watching this. If you're that miserable, why not move to another area and start again? Maybe it'll work out for you this next move.
That's none of your business, and I can see how it is hard for you to swallow that:
1. NOT everyone shares your opinions, and for good reason.
2. The truth bothers you.

Let me remind you: the year is 2014, and not 1750!

You don't get to decide what I have to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay