Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 07:09 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,658,886 times

Advertisements

For the second year in a row PHUHS is holding its graduation ceremony on the football fields...It's scheduled for 6pm this Thursday.Hope the administration plans on building an ark cause according to the weather reports we're going to need it...oh if it does rain the rain date is for 8am the next morning!!This was a bad idea that started last year...the staff hates it...parents hate it even the graduates I spoke to thought it is dumb! I feel badly for those students that worked really hard for four years and this is the recognition they deserve??I think not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 06:31 PM

Update...Went to football field as directed @ 5:45,daughter lined up with all the other graduates...@ 6:45 they called it all off...spent another 45 minutes stuck in a huge bottle neck in parking lot...What a cluster duck...no time given for tomorrow...we will get a robo call an hour before ceremony starts!So unfair to the graduates!!!The morons at the school board should be made to stand out in the rain and see how they like it!

Old 06-07-2012, 06:55 PM

Change of plans...Robo called at 8:45pm...will hold three different graduations starting with IB grads @ 9am inside...now daughter refuses to go because her best friend isn't in IB and won't be graduating with her!

Old 06-08-2012, 07:47 AM

49 posts, read 128,950 times
some geniuses over there. in FLORIDA, during hurricane/rain season, who decides to hold a graduation outdoors? #FAIL

Old 06-08-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyce_1 View Post
some geniuses over there. in FLORIDA, during hurricane/rain season, who decides to hold a graduation outdoors? #FAIL
My son graduated the same school 7yrs. ago and his graduation was held at the Rays/Tropicana Field...indoors with ac no rain or lightening!PHUHS isn't the only one... Tarpon Springs got postponed yesterday too only they called it off before parents and graduates waited for an hour at the school!

Old 06-08-2012, 09:07 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,308,610 times
aaaa so that's what that was...I passed the hs in Tarpon and ppl were walking back to their cars...and others were leaving...

That IS the dumbest idea ever...must have been some genius that moved here for the "warmer weather",and didn't know we are in the RAINY season now!!! LOL We played "dodge the rain" yesterday in Tarpon, went playground hopping...LOL...

Old 06-08-2012, 01:02 PM

3,928 posts, read 11,606,138 times
Outdoor graduations and adverse weather happen all across the US. The following article came across my FB News Feed this morning --> Possible funnel cloud threatens NJ graduation. I always wondered why the Florida education decision makers would take a chance that a graduate or attendee might get hit by lightening, but a funnel cloud - OMG!!!

Last edited by TampaKaren; 06-08-2012 at 01:32 PM..

Old 06-08-2012, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaKaren View Post
Outdoor graduations and adverse weather happen all across the US. The following article came across my FB News Feed this morning --> Possible funnel cloud threatens NJ graduation. I always wondered why the Florida education decision makers would take a chance that a graduate or attendee might get hit by lightening, but a funnel cloud - OMG!!!
I saw two women slip and fall...trying to hold an umbrella while climbing metal bleachers is dangerous!

Old 06-08-2012, 03:16 PM

OK, I get the idea of hosting it outdoors...HOWEVER...this being quite an important event, (where people might be dressing nicely/high heels etc...) wouldn't it be safer to just hold it indoors? is it a matter of the PTA again? (fees to rent an auditorium somewhere?) who is in charge of these events? "CAN" the PTA have a say? or there is no PTA in High School here...sorry for the silly question, we're still in elementary school...but this is something that I would be pretty pissed if someone screwed it up.

Old 06-08-2012, 03:19 PM

I don't know what's worst THIS:
South Carolina Mom Arrested for Cheering at Daughter’s Graduation | Parenting - Yahoo! Shine

or rain....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay