Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 08:53 PM

3 posts, read 6,535 times

Advertisements

Palm Harbor is great....very family oriented!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 11:21 AM

2 posts, read 5,502 times
ST. PETERSBURG for sure it is very family oriented and there is so much to do. We have some of the best beaches and the best downtown in FL. We also were featured in The NY Times as one of the top cites in the WORLD to travel to in 2014.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...o-go.html?_r=0 #49

Were also known for being a big city with a small town feel. It's also nice that Tampa is a short drive over the bridge so you can take advantage of the concerts, airport, International Mall, Bush Gardens, etc.... but without living there.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:24 PM

13 posts, read 60,738 times
Seffner is sink hole city

Old 01-14-2015, 07:52 PM

1 posts, read 3,451 times
Were are moving from cleveland tn my fiance has just got hired on with tampa transportation. Wr have for kids ages 1-6 and i was wondering where the cheapest safest town to move to would be. Any advise?

Old 02-15-2016, 05:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmdee077 View Post
Well, here I am two years later. I ended up moving to valrico. This whole area is terrible. Anyone who is considering moving down here, don't do it. This place is a cesspool. Don't be fooled that this place is somehow a tropical paradise or something, because that's a terrible fallacy. This place is a huge swamp. The area is highly overpopulated, terribly uncomfortable, etc, etc, etc. The schools are horrible, and the school grading guides are useless here. My daughters school, according to the school guides, received an A, but compared to her old school in Michigan, it's easily an F. The weather is generally uncomfortable, don't subscribe to any misnomers that florida somehow has great weather all the time, it's totally untrue.

The Tampa area is complete trash. The people, the buildings, the businesses, EVERYTHING! The main roads are lined with strip clubs, just to give you an idea about the kind of scum resinates down here. I'm not talking about one or two clubs, I'm talking about lined up and down the roads, like it's some kind of stripper capitol of the world, but after seeing what the people down here look like, I can't imagine that there would be anything attractive to look at inside the clubs.

One of the main roads, Highway 60, that runs through Tampa, brandon, valrico, etc; is lined with building and businesses, but many are run down and trashy. This also must be the Pawn shop capitol of the world, because I have never seen an area with so many pawn shops. There are no beautiful areas to look at, like in other states. Everything is either too populated or a swamp. When you have the mixture of Strip clubs, pawn shops, and overpopulation, you get a pretty distasteful area to live in. Sure, there are a few nice sub divisions, but the sub divisions are still surrounded by the awful areas. You want to go to the post office, grocery store, clothes shopping? All in trashy, overpopulated areas. There's no escaping it. If my spouse wasn't bound here by their employer, we would be gone.

I would be more than happy to answer any questions. I have been here for two years now and am from Michigan. I can tell you exactly what this place is like. A bit of quick advice: if you're contemplating moving down here, don't. Find a way to stay where you're.
Hi Pharmdee077! Do you still feel this way? I am sent you a DM! Would love an update. Thanks. SRP

Old 02-18-2016, 11:52 AM

134 posts, read 522,980 times
Default New Tampa/Cory Lake Isles=No Sex Offenders

It is 2016 and I have moved away from New Tampa once again (job took us across country)--I must not be meant to live in sunny New Tampa. Anyway, now that I've lived in several neighborhoods since moving to New Tampa originally (some time around 2002 and moving back and forth) I can give my honest opinions on the neighborhoods.
Lived in Live Oak-No background check--last I heard a sex offender moved in during 2015 despite a school being right outside of the gates.
Lived in Pebble Creek-No background check
Lived in Cory Lake-all renters must apply for background check

The one thing that stands out to me as a parent is sex offenders. I don't know why, but sex offenders seem to run rampant in the state of Florida, or at least Tampa. New Tampa is a great family area, but sex offenders still make their way there. Unfortunately, very few neighborhoods are taking a stance against this and protecting the kids of their communities. The last neighborhood I lived in was Cory Lake Isles off of Morris Bridge and Cross Creek (off of Bruce B. Blvd). This neighborhood aside from being luxurious, and looking like the true Fl with palm trees every where and paved streets, it is one of my favorite neighborhoods because THEY DO NOT ALLOW SEX OFFENDERS (or violent offenders)!!!

They run background checks. If you want to rent in this beautiful neighborhood you might be approved by your landlord, but you have to complete Cory Lake's application to be approved. Anyone who isn't a criminal will be fine, but any sex offenders or violent offenders might want to look at the other area neighborhoods in New Tampa who don't monitor criminals. Kudos to Cory Lake for stepping up and allowing kids to ride their bikes and walk to the pool/playground without parents having to worry as much about the sex offender that lives up the street.

Sex offenders or no sex offenders New Tampa is a great place to raise a family, like any where else you have to watch the criminals as it is still close enough to the city, but for the most part I felt very safe there.

Old 02-18-2016, 01:24 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,696,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth33nthe813 View Post
I would go with New Tampa or Land O' Lakes. As far as I know, they both have very low crime rates and good schools.
I am in Wesley Chapel and it is also nice but for traffic also taxes are lower in Pasco which is a plus

Old 02-18-2016, 01:27 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,696,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsisel View Post
My father in law is an avid golfer and is looking for a place to retire where the golf is plentiful. He is 59, wants to be within 45min of the airport. Not sure if Tampa is the right place to be. Coming between Christmas & New Years to check out the surrounding areas. Any suggestions? Are we looking in the wrong metro area? If Tampa is the right area what neighborhoods have affordable houses that are relatively quiet?
quail hollow golf in Wesley chapel and tampa bay golf and country golf club

Old 03-02-2016, 04:36 AM

51 posts, read 80,531 times
How is the city of Brandon to live in? I have lived for 3 years in Clearwater, off 19 near Dunedin it was very nice but quiet, I know Tampa you have to be careful where you live so i was wondering if anyone has any experience living and working in Brandon or if you have any other ideas of nice areas to live.

I have a tenant in my place in Clearwater and im thinking of going back to Florida so wondering how Brandon is or any other suggestions you may have are welcome. thank you

Old 09-16-2016, 08:19 PM

5 posts, read 8,088 times
[quote=LGaudette;98976]I relocated here from NH in 2004 with my husband and three children. I, personally, highly recommend the New Tampa area. All of our elementary and middle schools have an A rating under the Florida's state scoring system. The area is extremely family oriented. The schools have very strong PTA's, sports and extra curricular activities are abundant, and it is a VERY low crime area. Yes, some will say our property prices are high, but it is relative to where you are moving from. I found the housing prices to be less then in NH and I know it is definitely less then the NY/NJ areas. New Tampa is located in Hillsborough County. In Hillsborough County, you can still find several home owner's insurance choices vs. Pasco County which only has policies written by the state run Citizens insurance program. New Tampa's zip code is 33647 if you are searching online for homes. It is basically a "suburb" of the city (Tampa zipcode) in the Northeast area of Tampa.
Good luck![/QUOTE

Can you please suggest community in new Tampa ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay