Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 06:40 AM

3,046 posts, read 4,123,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Their schooling is not my problem. If they think it's too much, then don't pay for it. I have to pay for my own schooling, so paying for someone else's is not my problem. They don't cost as much elsewhere.
How much dose a lawyer charge you, or a shrink, sorry but that's the way it is. How much is a office call to see a dr If you have no insurance and how long do they see you 5 min tops. At $75 a pop for a 5 min talk not to bad. Dentist are no different. As my wife says doctors and dentist forgot why they became doctors and dentist to help people. But the world is not like that anymore it all about the $$$$$. And there is not a thing we can do about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 07:25 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,608,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
How much dose a lawyer charge you, or a shrink, sorry but that's the way it is. How much is a office call to see a dr If you have no insurance and how long do they see you 5 min tops. At $75 a pop for a 5 min talk not to bad. Dentist are no different. As my wife says doctors and dentist forgot why they became doctors and dentist to help people. But the world is not like that anymore it all about the $$$$$. And there is not a thing we can do about it.
I don't need a lawyer, nor a shrink! I wasn't raised to need either one of those.
That is NOT the way it is! That's BS...& it is like that because people are passive about it. Stop paying these ridiculous amounts, and it will stop costing that much. Like when selling a house, you overprice it, and it will sit on the market.

It's a RIP OFF! FRAUD. They ONLY get away with it because people continue to swallow it.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
I don't need a lawyer, nor a shrink! I wasn't raised to need either one of those.
That is NOT the way it is! That's BS...& it is like that because people are passive about it. Stop paying these ridiculous amounts, and it will stop costing that much. Like when selling a house, you overprice it, and it will sit on the market.

It's a RIP OFF! FRAUD. They ONLY get away with it because people continue to swallow it.
Well, if you have a bad toothache were are you going to go? You will pay anything to get rid of the pain. And what are you going to do when you smile and have big gaps in your mouth how attractive is that if you are trying to get a date. Or how are you going to chew your food. Are you going to blend it like baby food. So pay the piper or go around in pain or toothless.

Old 10-29-2014, 08:53 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,122,063 times
Quote:

Rip off and fraud. That seems to be a regular occurrence/theme for you.

Private dental schools charge anywhere between $300,000 to 350,000 to make you a full-fledged dentist. This of course does not include all the miscellaneous expenditure that one will incur such as equipment, living expenses, books and so forth. The basic educational requirements include Chemistry (including organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry and biochemistry), Mathematics (especially calculus),
Physics (especially classical physics), Biological science (especially vertebrate zoology), Psychology

The average dentist earns about $100,000 a year and for dentist specializing in a particular field they can make an average yearly income of about $200,000. It takes 4 years of dental school in addition to college.

And you have the nerve to complain. Sheesh.........

Old 10-29-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vannort54 View Post
Well, if you have a bad toothache were are you going to go? You will pay anything to get rid of the pain. And what are you going to do when you smile and have big gaps in your mouth how attractive is that if you are trying to get a date. Or how are you going to chew your food. Are you going to blend it like baby food. So pay the piper or go around in pain or toothless.
Nope. I wouldn't pay "anything" to get rid of it. I would take pain killers. I've have bad tooth aches, and I got used to them. I don't need a date, I'm married...I am not going to be taken advantage off and pay someone else's loans. I will get dental work done in another country before paying these ridiculous fees. With what I pay here, I could travel to a beautiful place, get the work done and still have money left over! Shoot two birds! I refuse to pay their fees here because they are a RIP OFF. I rather be toothless than pay these fees.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
Rip off and fraud. That seems to be a regular occurrence/theme for you.

Private dental schools charge anywhere between $300,000 to 350,000 to make you a full-fledged dentist. This of course does not include all the miscellaneous expenditure that one will incur such as equipment, living expenses, books and so forth. The basic educational requirements include Chemistry (including organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry and biochemistry), Mathematics (especially calculus),
Physics (especially classical physics), Biological science (especially vertebrate zoology), Psychology

The average dentist earns about $100,000 a year and for dentist specializing in a particular field they can make an average yearly income of about $200,000. It takes 4 years of dental school in addition to college.

And you have the nerve to complain. Sheesh.........
I don't care. Nowhere else in the world they charge these fees, and they still have to go to school there too to become dentists. Please don't give me this bullcrap. Not buying.

Old 10-29-2014, 09:57 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,122,063 times
Quote:
I don't care. Nowhere else in the world they charge these fees, and they still have to go to school there too to become dentists. Please don't give me this bullcrap. Not buying.
Have u actually priced dental care in other countries or are you just assuming?

Do you get dental care for your children?

If you had gingivitis or peiodontitis would you just live with it?

Old 10-29-2014, 10:22 AM

Go ahead go to Mexico and get 3rd world dentistry. I'm not defending anyone what private dental schools? Are you talking about UF, UM, these are public university's you go a head and do your 1960's protest me I will keep seeing a dentist back north. Right on brother power to the people.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:26 AM

The assumption that we have the best dental care here in America is really obnoxious! Mexico is NOT a 3rd world country and neither is Canada!
Your comment is really embarrassing!

Old 10-29-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
The assumption that we have the best dental care here in America is really obnoxious! Mexico is NOT a 3rd world country and neither is Canada!
Your comment is really embarrassing!
Go to Canada first get a passport then spend allot of money for a plane ticket get a room. You will spend more money than having it done here. Why your at it move there then you will have nothing to complain about American dental and medical care. Get on Canada's health plan. Just take I75 north when you get to Detroit take the Ambssador bridge to Windsor Ontario.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay