Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2012, 12:08 PM

101 posts, read 82,874 times

Advertisements

I am looking into relocating to the Tampa or St Pete and all of the surrounding areas from the Seattle area. I work at the VA hospital and I can transfer to pretty much wherever. I am a mid twenties health care professional and am going back to school for at least 4 years. I have to live somewhere on the coast and I have heard nothing but good things about this area. I want to live closer to a bigger city within 15 mins or so. I do not mind commuting but I do not want to commute any further than 30 mins at most. I am open minded but I want to live closer to things and not have to travel so far. I commute now an hour and I am sick of it. What areas should I look into? there are VA clinics all along the Sarasota/Bradenton to Clearwater/St Petes and Bay Pines to Tampa area. I will be renting but I need to live somewhere more rural if possible because I have dogs and I need at least half an acre min. I need it to be reasonable for the cost of living, property on rental within walking distance to a beach if possible, good colleges/universities, close to many things, a community that is more health consious and has more opportunities for a better quality of life. I do not plan on living in FL forever but you never really know. I would greatly appreciate any tips and advice. I do not have any children but will have two incomes. I would like to move ASAP. I have money saved and I have family in Tarpon Springs and in Orlando, and Ft Lauderdale but I do not want to go to Orlando and I am not sure about Ft Lauderdale.
I am going to visit one of the two in October. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2012, 06:49 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,228,646 times
15 minutes to a bigger city, minimum half acre of property, within walking distance of the beach, affordable. IF that ever existed around here, it was 75 years ago. Some of the mansions along Park Street in St. Pete meet most of your criteria (affordability not being one of them)-maybe you can swing a deal with them ala the William Holden character in "Sunset Boulevard".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay