Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 06:42 PM

149 posts, read 197,181 times

Advertisements

How much does it cost to drive the toll road from 54 to TPA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 06:47 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,463,477 times
2 tolls, 1 dollar each as I always get on from Van Dyke, could be an additional toll if so, add another $1. SunPass (like EZPAS) lines let you drive right through, and I believe is only .75 each toll. I have mine set to automatically add $10 when it gets down below $10.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:52 PM

Default The Bay appears to pose logistical issues

I'm using google map satellite to view possible areas to live and it's really helpful from a distance. It looks like the positioning of TPA on one side of the bay will pose a problem for access from nice looking And safe areas to the airport. From the satellite it looks like Trinity, Lansbrook, The Eagles areas are the sweetest with less density and better natural surroundings. The properties look much better kept. There really isn't fast speed direct travel roads from these locations to TPA.

Then when looking at areas closer in to the airport from satellite, they look extremely questionable. Many homes look run down and multiple vehicles park on the lawns - Town & Country as an example. Then there is much higher crime in closer to Tampa.

Then west of the bay looks like dated, packed tight homes where one would be stuck at intersection after intersection. But there are a lot of conveniences close by.

It really seems the bay itself poses logistical issues. I guess I will have to get used to a longer commute, seeing how the Trinity, Lansbrook and The Eagles areas appeal to me the most.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:52 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,643,615 times
Why not check out Feathersound area in Pinellas, a very nice area and right on the other side of the bay, a straight shot across to the airport.
Rush hour can get jammed up a bit but any city will have that.
And no tolls.

Might I suggest just one thread also and you can get all your questions about the area answered, just think you might do better with responses.

Old 08-23-2012, 04:17 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Dana Shores and its small neighboring communities is right on the east side of the bay, nice area and homes on the water and if it werent for all the highways you'd need to cross you could almost walk to the airport.
http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=dana+sh...,0.055189&z=14

Looks like this

https://www.google.ca/search?num=10&...ac.o1I68DMU2G8

Last edited by jambo101; 08-23-2012 at 04:26 AM..

Old 08-23-2012, 04:36 AM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
That's because of poor city planning, and uncontrolled sprawling.

From that area you have to make your way to Veterans, and then straight down...or all the way to I-75!

Lutz is Ok, Carrollwood is OK, Odessa is Ok, Citrus Park is Ok, Westcase is OK....even Brandon has nicer areas that are MUCH closer to downtown/TPA; you don't really need to be all the up on pastures really! all those are much closer, but if you're looking for those huge homes, then you have to swallow the commute I guess. I don't think I could handle such commute + maintenance on such home!

Tampa is a sprawl, very overbuilt, while an entire east side has been left in disrepair, miles and miles of disrepair, and dilapidation, you'll see when you come down.

Its not the "bay" that is logistically challenged, its the people that took it over and destroyed its LOGICAL functionality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA2MA2NC View Post
It really seems the bay itself poses logistical issues.

Old 08-23-2012, 04:42 AM

27,217 posts, read 43,923,184 times
You might also check out Northern Pinellas areas such as East Lake and Lansbrook. That area northwest of Oldsmar has beautiful communities and loads of services/conveniences on the nearby Tampa Road corridor....also no bridge crossing as it's attached to the mainland.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:34 PM

3,381 posts, read 9,123,759 times
FYI - It's now $1.25 for the toll. Yeah - surprised me too

Old 08-23-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
You might also check out Northern Pinellas areas such as East Lake and Lansbrook. That area northwest of Oldsmar has beautiful communities and loads of services/conveniences on the nearby Tampa Road corridor....also no bridge crossing as it's attached to the mainland.
Yes, I mentioned this area in a post further up thread. I really like it.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:58 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Trinity is newer but IMO most of the homes are really really close to each other and have small yards. I agree you can get some place closer and just as nice. It really depends on what else is important to you.

If you are working at the airport you will be happier working a little closer to TIA. I would rent at least for the first year so you can decide which area you really like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay