Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 07:30 AM

3,381 posts, read 9,127,272 times

Advertisements

Going to take my son to a Bucs game this weekend as a reward for getting straight A's. Obvioulsy I would like to get the best tickets that I can for as little as possible (he's 6 and will probably spend more time roaming around the stadium than watching the game). Sure, I can buy them from the Bucs site and pay the outrageous TicketMaster Fees... plus deliver fee. Other ticket resale sites also have ridiculous fees tacked on. Typically $5.95 per ticket fee and then a $5 delivery fee to send it to my email or to let me download it.

Thinking about going down to the game 90 minutes before kick off and looking for some scalpers. Anyone ever purchase scalped tickets around Ray Jay? What was your experience and is there any areas you would recommend to go to find fair deals?

Any other suggestions - or offers, are appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 07:56 AM

1,388 posts, read 2,388,682 times
scalpers tend to charge more than face value on game day.

try stubhub. every game i've gone to i bought tix off there, and for less than face value.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:04 AM

62 posts, read 376,704 times
I'm a season ticket holder (definitely going to this game, from San Diego originally – in response to another thread, I’ll be rooting for a good, close game and hope that the Bucs win so that Norv will finally go), but your best bet for a “deal” on tickets is the ticket exchange late Saturday or early Sunday or, as you suggested, going the scalper route. For the past couple of seasons, there have been PLENTY of tickets available from either route at roughly half of face value, but with the team putting a very exciting product on the field, I think the prices will be higher than they have been.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:32 AM

Yes, from what I understand Scalpers at Bucs games are under face value because of the lack of demand. If I was trying to find tickets to say... a Packers game.. .then I would be paying above face value since the game is sold out and there is no lack of demand for tickets.

Never thought about searching the resale sites Saturday Night or Early Sunday Morning.

Thanks!

Did I say $5.95 per ticket fee? I just looked at more ticket sites. Make that $8 - $9 per ticket fee plus a $7 - $8 order deliver fee (send it to my email). Absurd!

Last edited by FloridaKash; 11-08-2012 at 08:55 AM..

Old 11-08-2012, 08:40 AM

1,388 posts, read 2,388,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaKash View Post
Yes, from what I understand Scalpers at Bucs games are under face value because of the lack of demand. If I was trying to find tickets to say... a Packers game.. .then I would be paying above face value since the game is sold out and there is no lack of demand for tickets.

Never thought about searching the resale sites Saturday Night or Early Sunday Morning.

Thanks!
Just make sure you find tix w/ electronic delivery if you're going to wait until the last minute.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:14 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,284,566 times
Quote:
Did I say $5.95 per ticket fee? I just looked at more ticket sites. Make that $8 - $9 per ticket fee plus a $7 - $8 order deliver fee (send it to my email). Absurd!
I wonder why I am getting such lower fees than you when I go to order tickets.

I just checked out a pair of $30 nosebleeds on StubHub. The fees consisted of $3 each (10%) for the StubHub fee and $4.95 for the entire order to be delivered electronically.

That's 3+3+4.95 = $10.95 of fees on $60 of tickets. Then you get a 2% ($1.42) or 3% ($2.13) Rewards rebate back from StubHub depending on the number of tickets you buy per year.

Many of the secondary ticket sites just link to StubHub's inventory and throw in an additional markup to you.

The absolute best time to buy tickets is just before the 2-hour cutoff time before an event on StubHub. I routinely paid $10 or $20 last season for 1st and 2nd row seats behind the dugouts at Rays games or $1 for upper deck tickets (plus fees). When intelligent people realize that they are going to get ZERO for their unused tickets and don't want to drive to the game to scalp it, they dump them for any price they can get. Not-so-intelligent people are the ones who leave the seats empty due to their ignorance of how easy it is to sell in the secondary market. You would be surprised at the number of people (scalpers, too) that would willingly take a total loss rather than accept a smaller loss on their tickets. [These economic illiterates fall in the same bucket as those who bought speculative real estate in 2004-2006 and are still hanging on.]

Last edited by chi_tino; 11-08-2012 at 11:26 AM..

Old 11-08-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_tino View Post
The absolute best time to buy tickets is just before the 2-hour cutoff time before an event on StubHub. I routinely paid $10 or $20 last season for 1st and 2nd row seats behind the dugouts at Rays games or $1 for upper deck tickets (plus fees).
So if the game has a 1pm kick off, the cutoff to buy the tickets is 11am?

Old 11-08-2012, 02:12 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
Quote:
Going to take my son to a Bucs game this weekend as a reward for getting straight A's. Obvioulsy I would like to get the best tickets that I can for as little as possible (he's 6 and will probably spend more time roaming around the stadium than watching the game). Sure, I can buy them from the Bucs site and pay the outrageous TicketMaster Fees... plus deliver fee. Other ticket resale sites also have ridiculous fees tacked on. Typically $5.95 per ticket fee and then a $5 delivery fee to send it to my email or to let me download it.

Thinking about going down to the game 90 minutes before kick off and looking for some scalpers. Anyone ever purchase scalped tickets around Ray Jay? What was your experience and is there any areas you would recommend to go to find fair deals?

Any other suggestions - or offers, are appreciated.
Why not visit pewterreport.com's message board and post your question in the forum - I like to use stubhub for Rays tickets - sometimes you can get a good deal. Another thing, I believe there's a reduced price for kids for upper deck. I know for a fact that seats in the 200-level diagonals are often open. Its slightly unethical, but you can buy the cheapest tickets available then move to to those lower levels (200) diagonal endzone sections where you usually see a sea of open red seats. I used to do that a season or two ago when I had the ultimate cheap seats. You may be sitting in a late-comer's seat, if that happens, just move over to an open seat.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:25 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,455,798 times
BTW, if anyone wants to see the game online delayed for free, the NFL.com NFL Rewind provides it on Monday a.m. to all those within the blacked out region.

https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/sec...es?ttv=8&ttp=3

Old 11-08-2012, 03:24 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,284,566 times
Quote:
So if the game has a 1pm kick off, the cutoff to buy the tickets is 11am?
Yep. If you start watching prices at 9 or 10 am, you will see people continuing to lower them ahead of the 11 am cutoff. Then it's a game of trying to buy at your magical price before someone else swoops in and snags them. A reverse auction, if you will. For fun, always go back and update right before the cutoff to see if anyone has just thrown in the towel and offered seats for an embarrassing price.

I've actually been in the process of making a buy when the seller of those specific seats decided to drop the price. StubHub gave me a WARNING/UPDATE page to inform me that the seller decided to knock $20 off during that 45 seconds it took to place the order, and lowered my price accordingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay