Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 02:12 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,320,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
Precisely, there aren't any to speak off which is why I didn't see fit to glorify Land O Lakes of all places!
No, I agree with you 100% on land o lakes. I dont understand how someone could come out and say Land O Lakes is some great place, it's an average suburb.

But then again, it's not fair to denounce the burbs universally because they dont have as much "stuff to do"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 02:23 PM

5,453 posts, read 9,301,795 times
I wasn't denouncing it, nor do I expect that they'd start putting entertainment venues up here anywhere; "would" it be nice? yeah...."would" it happen? No...So if someone wants to live there in a BIG house, great, but don't expect that with the big house you'll get Manhattan too! My point was that there are bad areas in Land o lakes, and a lot sketchy people, and 41 north from SR-54 looks deplorable! and that like most subdivided lots around Florida and beyond, people don't all know each other and are buddy, buddy's! Those patches where that happens are VERY rare. Usually a cul de sac might be that way, but generally people who move here have the Guinness record on how fast their garage door closes, which is why I said they are "family oriented" because families live here, but that doesn't mean, these families all know each other and are BFF's! Too many of these subdivisions have transitional ppl, who don't bother making friends because they know they won't stick around long enough. Others are too snotty (Cheval, glad we don't live there anymore). I lived in FL 11 years, and lived in all sorts of nice upper subdivisions...I know how this works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
No, I agree with you 100% on land o lakes. I dont understand how someone could come out and say Land O Lakes is some great place, it's an average suburb.

But then again, it's not fair to denounce the burbs universally because they dont have as much "stuff to do"

Old 11-20-2012, 02:34 PM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times
Never saw this problem in my personal experience. Sorry you have this problem.

Quote:
t like most subdivided lots around Florida and beyond, people don't all know each other and are buddy, buddy's! Those patches where that happens are VERY rare. Usually a cul de sac might be that way, but generally people who move here have the Guinness record on how fast their garage door closes, which is why I said they are "family oriented" because families live here, but that doesn't mean, these families all know each other and are BFF's! Too many of these subdivisions have transitional ppl, who don't bother making friends because they know they won't stick around long enough.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:36 PM

Facts to back your assumptions? 41 North of 54 is called rural. Rural seems to be a concept you do not understand.

Quote:
My point was that there are bad areas in Land o lakes, and a lot sketchy people, and 41 north from SR-54 looks deplorable! .

Old 11-20-2012, 02:48 PM

The good thing is that fellow CD-ers are replying to these non sense observations made by the uniformed.

Seems some folks are anti anything but a city, that drugs are sold here like on the Lower East Side of Manhattan,
and simply do not like the Florida lifestyle one bit. So, instead of posting anything constructive we get post after
post of garbage.

For them, there are those to set the record straight.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:12 PM

I lived in that area in the 80's, when 54 and 41 were still a two lane undivided highway, and there was no stop light at 54/41. Nothing there but a Majik Market, a bank, and the U-Save Shopping center with Ace Hardware at the North end and an Ekerds Drug at the other and Cox Lumber on the NW corner. Going up North on 41 was virtually nothing except a couple trailer parks, that now abandoned truck stop, and not much else.

I dont think I would say it's "shady" now. There are some now abandoned commercial facilities (the truck stop, some other places) that are eyesores, and further up 41 some half started subdivisions and of course the debacle that is Connerton. But I wouldnt say it's shady.

I wouldnt live there, but you could do a lot worse. It's definetly not an area to be really gloating about.

Also, rural does not just mean "pastures". You have to go pretty far up 41 to be in an area like that, outside of a couple small spots south of Brooksville. I mean way up past Dunnellon.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:04 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
Our opinions on a location or issue are just that, opinions. Highly subjective. Personal preferences. Quirks, even. Leave wiggle room for dialogue, others may not see things the same as you, or been there as long as you, and any one of us can be wrong. Pouncing on someone you disagree with runs contrary to the spirit of this board and its members. We are here to help each other.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:16 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,197,572 times
I have a friend who lives in Lake Padgett Estates in Land O Lakes. There is a huge lake and a horse stable. I will agree that there isn't a lot to do there other than to go out to eat. The area is more rural but is building up fast. It is a long drive to Tampa and during rush hour can take an hour.

There are some really nice houses and in Lake Padgett most of the lots are big compared to newer subdivisions where the lot size is a postage stamp.

We all have our likes and dislikes.. What I like you may not, but you can get a good deal on a house there. My son is buying a house with a pool in Lake Padgett for $119.00. It is a short sale and there are a few things that need fixing but it was appraised for 10K more..

I have lived in many areas of Tampa and while everyone was friendly, most worked so no one really had a lot of time to socialize.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:37 PM

Lake Padgett is pretty old, one of the first real subdivisions built in the area, in the 80's. Parts of it are nice, parts are a little run down.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:18 PM

56 posts, read 110,288 times
My neighbors and I are very pleased with the choices which we have made. It is a very nice suburban area which we have made a friendly community as individuals. In the real world having positive social relationships with those around us inclusive of our neighbors no matter where someone may live is quite simple if you have the right frame of mind, strive for a flourishing life, and a have positive overall outlook! Those individuals whom choose another route in their lives while going out of their way to look for problems and stir the pot with excessive time on their hands will have a difficult time finding anyone that will want to attach themselves to that mindset wherever they reside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay