Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2012, 09:16 AM

42 posts, read 98,635 times

Advertisements

Hi! My four year old is in desperate need of a good haircut. Not just a trim, but a style. Her hair is wild and she chews it, it is like a rats nest! We tried the nearby Great Clips a while ago, but I guess I am hoping for a step up since we need a real hair solution here. Thanks for any advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 06:26 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
There is something incongruous about the term "four year old girl" and "hairstylist".

Old 12-27-2012, 08:12 AM

I know, I know. But, really, what is a better word here? Beautician, barber? I am just saying I would love to find someone who is experienced working with kids and taming unruly locks...Back in NC, we all went to an independently owned family salon, where the same person who took care of my husband and I also worked with our toddler and gave us great advice on dealing with her messy hair. That is what I am hoping for.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:36 AM

82 posts, read 207,443 times
Great advice on dealing with messy hair on a 4 year old? Wash it, while still wet, cut it. Teehee. Not sure what you're looking for, but I can't believe that her hair is that uncontrollable. I guess if all else fails, shop around. The internet is your friend.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:50 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,895,539 times
I will have to look for it to see if I find it on the web, but I have seen a kids salon in Largo, in one of the main streets. It's the only one I have seen around here.
Here's the link:
http://largo.patch.com/listings/kids-clips

Old 12-27-2012, 05:04 PM

Seriously people, my daughter looks like Medusa, and you just make fun of me! Guess I can just stick with ponytails, lol.

Thanks for the info, Annie. I will check that out...

Old 01-22-2013, 11:44 AM

294 posts, read 542,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtytwopaws View Post
Seriously people, my daughter looks like Medusa, and you just make fun of me! Guess I can just stick with ponytails, lol.

Thanks for the info, Annie. I will check that out...
I can't believe the awful advice givin to you lol...let me say that I have been doing hair up here in MA for over 13 years, and will be HOPEFULLY moving down to Clearwater in the next year or so..not that I can help you with a cut but I can tell you to go with Paul Mitchell detangler for her hair and use HYDRATING shampoos and conditioners to help tame those 'snarls' lol when you wash her hair shampoo rinse then condition but don't rinse right away let sit a minute and comb with a WIDE toothed comb while conditioner is still in...then rinse spray detangler in then comb again and leave it..make sure to get regular trims because those dead ends climb up the hair and make hair harder to manage...hope I helped some
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
View detailed profiles of: